• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
it feels silly to focus in on themes of most of these utterly shallow Kpop songs as if they say fuck all of anything.

They're not grand tracks of personal expression.

They're catchy jingles made by conglomerates trying to top the charts and get radio play.

Hell even artists that write everything like Soyeon have said straight up "Sometimes i write songs that I have no personal attachment to cause I think it fits the season."

Oct 27, 2017
it feels silly to focus in on themes of most of these utterly shallow Kpop songs as if they say fuck all of anything.

They're not grand tracks of personal expression.

They're catchy jingles made by conglomerates trying to top the charts and get radio play.

Hell even artists that write everything like Soyeon have said straight up "Sometimes i write songs that I have no personal attachment to cause I think it fits the season."
I understand that I was trying to come to an understanding with whom to put the direct blame on is all and I don't think it's as simple as one individual

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
k... I never said she was solely at fault... I'm not going to downplay her involvement, either. Especially when she repeatedly asserted that she was involved in approving the others' ideas. Stans would have it that her solo took so long because she's a "perfectionist" but the second she catches a bit of heat she's a mindless puppet. The rich lady can take her share of criticism, don't worry about it.

Oct 27, 2017
k... I never said she was solely at fault... I'm not going to downplay her involvement, either. Especially when she repeatedly asserted that she was involved in approving the others' ideas. Stans would have it that her solo took so long because she's a "perfectionist" but the second she catches a bit of heat she's a mindless puppet. The rich lady can take her share of criticism, don't worry about it.
I'm not downplaying her involvement either just highlighting the fact that there are several entities involved and what I gathered from your post about it you seemed to take issue with only her. Not much comment on that last sentence

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not downplaying her involvement either just highlighting the fact that there are several entities involved and what I gathered from your post about it you seemed to take issue with only her. Not much comment on that last sentence

Deflection aside... this was not about who wrote the song. Someone who's been rich literally all her life wants to take ownership of growing up poor as "personal" and claiming it describes herself... okay, if she wants to say airhead shit, the response is on her. And as someone who has grown up poor I say she can eat my ass. Pretending everyone else but her are repsonsible for what she says only infantilises this grownass woman.

If the aim is to try and stop people from attributing songs to their singers as a generally understood catch-all for "all those responsible for the writing, production, and marketing" then good luck. You're going to have a bad time in music discussions. No one in this thead is about to start listing credits before saying a song is shit.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't pay attention to the lyrics of 90% of the kpop I listen to. Guess maybe I should? Then again, I paid attention to aespa's Next Level lyrics and it was 100% rubbish, so I guess not.

Oct 27, 2017
Once again I did not say she was free of blame, I took umbrage with the first few posts you attributed all blame to her. That's it. Since this argument has just become cyclical now I see no point in progressing further.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Once again I did not say she was free of blame, I took umbrage with the first few posts you attributed all blame to her. That's it. Since this argument has just become cyclical now I see no point in progressing further.

I take issue with what she said, why would I blame anyone but her for that. You put the stan hat on and got defensive about lyrics for literally no reason. Next time don't kneejerk react.

Oct 27, 2017
I take issue with what she said, why would I blame anyone but her for that. You put the stan hat on and got defensive about lyrics for literally no reason. Next time don't kneejerk react.
You took issue with her song lyrics and I was letting you know that 5 other people wrote the song with her. This does not absolve her of all blame, nor does it mean she gets all of it either.

Don't appreciate my discussion with you being belittled into a kneejerk reaction either, or being reduced to some mindless stan because I wanted to engage in conversation. If I knew that's where this discussion was heading I wouldn't have engaged at all.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
You took issue with her song lyrics and I was letting you know that 5 other people wrote the song with her. This does not absolve her of all blame, nor does it mean she gets all of it either.

Don't appreciate my discussion with you being belittled into a kneejerk reaction either, or being reduced to some mindless stan because I wanted to engage in conversation. If I knew that's where this discussion was heading I wouldn't have engaged at all.

It's simple: lyrics = generic regardless of who wrote which words. Claiming it's biographical = side-eye. No one participating in a k-pop thread believes idols have complete autonomy. I don't think you're mindless, on the contrary you know what you're doing, I've seen BP criticised here before. If it's discussion you want, consider how you set the tone for it. An extremely condescending "Hate to break it to ya but most of kpop incorporates fake personas lol" - was not a genuine attempt at 'engaging in conversation.'

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
StayC's about to become the biggest non top 3 girl group for this generation. Well, until Hybe debuts their next/first girl group, but that's an unfair comparison as well.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I really like these songs, and yeah the city pop versions isn't really city pop.

I think the MV will be next month when the physical album comes out.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
This is so good. Both songs are better than every song on their last mini imo.

They're better than every song released by LOONA since they ditched Monotree, except for maybe Star. I really hope LOONA follows this path, because going girl crush just bored me to death, I miss LOONA having a signature sound instead of sounding like a mix of most Itzy/Blackpink/Everglow songs.

Oct 27, 2017
They're better than every song released by LOONA since they ditched Monotree, except for maybe Star. I really hope LOONA follows this path, because going girl crush just bored me to death, I miss LOONA having a signature sound instead of sounding like a mix of most Itzy/Blackpink/Everglow songs.
Hyping me up so much. I miss that Loona. Prob give it a listen here soon

Alright yea... HULA HOOP's energy hooked me right away. This is great. MV when?

Star Seed is pretty great too but Hula Hoop might be one of my fav Loona songs ever based on the first listen.

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

STAYC(스테이씨) '색안경 (STEREOTYPE)' Live Clip

STAYC(스테이씨) '색안경 (STEREOTYPE)' Live Clip🎧 stayc.lnk.to/STEREOTYPE#STAYC #스테이씨 #색안경 #STEREOTYPE #수민 #시은 #아이사 #세은 #윤 #재이#Sumin #Sieun #ISA #Seeun #Yoon #J [ST...

youtu.be

[MV] WONHO(원호) _ BLUE

[MV] WONHO(원호) _ BLUEK-POP Wonderland, 1theKK-POP의 모든 즐거움을 1theK(원더케이)에서 만나보세요! :)Welcome to the official YouTube channel of K-POP Wonderland, 1theK""1theK O...

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Video of STAYC getting their first win. Lots of feels. So happy for them. Hopefully Dreamcatcher gets theirs too.

youtu.be

STAYC, THE SHOW CHOICE! [THE SHOW 210914]

#스테이씨, 더 쇼 초이스#STAYC, THE SHOW CHOICEThe K-POP All about K-POP in Korea!Official K-POP YouTube channel of SBS Medianet.Please don’t forget to click Subscrib...

youtu.be

STAYC, SLOW DOWN (스테이씨, SLOW DOWN) [THE SHOW 210914]

#스테이씨, SLOW DOWN#STAYC #SLOW_DOWNThe K-POP All about K-POP in Korea!Official K-POP YouTube channel of SBS Medianet.Please don’t forget to click Subscribe.En...

Last edited:

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

[MV] MAMAMOO(마마무) _ mumumumuch(하늘 땅 바다만큼)

[MV] MAMAMOO(마마무) _ mumumumuch(하늘 땅 바다만큼)K-POP Wonderland, 1theKK-POP의 모든 즐거움을 1theK(원더케이)에서 만나보세요! :)Welcome to the official YouTube channel of K-POP Wonder...

youtu.be

[MV] 츄(Chuu) & 김요한(KIM YOHAN) with Eric Bellinger - World is One 2021 │ 월드이즈원

이달의 소녀 ‘츄’와 위아이 ‘김요한’,그리고 그래미상 수상 싱어송라이터 ‘에릭 벨린저’가 만났다!MBC X 월드비전이 함께하는『World is One : step to move』 캠페인,츄 & 김요한 & 에릭 벨린저의 ‘World is One 2021’ MV 대공개✨🔎지금 바로...

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This Mamamoo album is amazing. Of course they were already good songs but these remixes/new versions are so good.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The best Mamamoo album is the first Mamamoo album I buy. The new song is good, and I love some of the new versions of the songs.

youtu.be

STAYC(스테이씨) '색안경 (STEREOTYPE)' MV Performance Ver.

STAYC(스테이씨) '색안경 (STEREOTYPE)' MV Performance Ver.🎧 stayc.lnk.to/STEREOTYPE#STAYC #스테이씨 #색안경 #STEREOTYPE #수민 #시은 #아이사 #세은 #윤 #재이#Sumin #Sieun #ISA #Seeun #Y...

Last edited:

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Video of STAYC getting their first win. Lots of feels. So happy for them. Hopefully Dreamcatcher gets theirs too.

youtu.be

STAYC, THE SHOW CHOICE! [THE SHOW 210914]

#스테이씨, 더 쇼 초이스#STAYC, THE SHOW CHOICEThe K-POP All about K-POP in Korea!Official K-POP YouTube channel of SBS Medianet.Please don’t forget to click Subscrib...

youtu.be

STAYC, SLOW DOWN (스테이씨, SLOW DOWN) [THE SHOW 210914]

#스테이씨, SLOW DOWN#STAYC #SLOW_DOWNThe K-POP All about K-POP in Korea!Official K-POP YouTube channel of SBS Medianet.Please don’t forget to click Subscribe.En...

Deserved stereotype is a great comeback

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

LOONA Japan Debut Teaser

9月15日(水)日本デビューシングル「HULA HOOP/ StarSeed〜カクセイ〜」をデジタル先行配信した韓国12人組ガールズグループLOONA Japan Debut Teaser公開!日本デビューシングル「HULA HOOP/ StarSeed〜カクセイ〜」 好評配信中!:https://lnk.to/...

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017

youtu.be

[MV] MAMAMOO(마마무) _ mumumumuch(하늘 땅 바다만큼)

[MV] MAMAMOO(마마무) _ mumumumuch(하늘 땅 바다만큼)K-POP Wonderland, 1theKK-POP의 모든 즐거움을 1theK(원더케이)에서 만나보세요! :)Welcome to the official YouTube channel of K-POP Wonder...

youtu.be

[MV] 츄(Chuu) & 김요한(KIM YOHAN) with Eric Bellinger - World is One 2021 │ 월드이즈원

이달의 소녀 ‘츄’와 위아이 ‘김요한’,그리고 그래미상 수상 싱어송라이터 ‘에릭 벨린저’가 만났다!MBC X 월드비전이 함께하는『World is One : step to move』 캠페인,츄 & 김요한 & 에릭 벨린저의 ‘World is One 2021’ MV 대공개✨🔎지금 바로...

What a nice chill song from Chuu and Kim Yohan. Love how Chuu and Loona stick to positive messages. Unless they are promoting guns made by their former parent company.

609860388082810899.png

The Mamamoo song is also great. I'm surprised that Purple Kiss Zombie hasn't won any awards yet, that song is such a banger.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

NCT 127 엔시티 127 'Sticker' MV

NCT 127's 3rd album "Sticker" is out!Listen and download on your favorite platform: https://NCT127.lnk.to/stickerID[Tracklist]01 Sticker02 Lemonade03 Breakfa...

youtu.be

Seori - Dive with you (feat. eaJ) (OFFICIAL M/V)

Seori - Dive with you (feat. eaJ) (OFFICIAL M/V)https://seori.com/dwystrm/https://seori.lnk.to/DWY-More about #SeoriInstagram : https://www.instagram.com/ia...

youtu.be

STAYC(스테이씨) '색안경 (STEREOTYPE)' Visual Video

STAYC(스테이씨) '색안경 (STEREOTYPE)' Visual Video🎧 stayc.lnk.to/STEREOTYPE#STAYC #스테이씨 #색안경 #STEREOTYPE #수민 #시은 #아이사 #세은 #윤 #재이#Sumin #Sieun #ISA #Seeun #Yoon #J ...

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

youtu.be

ITZY “CRAZY IN LOVE” Album Spoiler @ITZY

ITZY “CRAZY IN LOVE” Album SpoilerITZY The 1st Album "CRAZY IN LOVE"📌 https://orcd.co/crazyinlove[Track List]00:00 LOCO00:19 SWIPE00:35 Sooo LUCKY00:54 #Twe...

youtu.be

이하이(LeeHi)의 킬링보이스를 라이브로! - Rose, 홀로, MY STAR, 누구 없소, AUTOMATIC REMIX, 머리어깨무릎발, 빨간 립스틱ㅣ딩고뮤직

왔다네 왔다네! 킬링보이스에 하이가 왔다네!🥳🥳🥳[선곡 리스트]00:00 인트로00:20 Rose01:56 홀로03:19 손잡아 줘요04:30 MY STAR05:52 나는 달라 (Feat. Bobby)07:14 1, 2, 3, 408:38 누구 없소 (Feat. B.I)10:...

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Missed the past week or so, most releases and thread discussion.

On cursory glance, seems things maybe got a bit heated around here (???), and a clip reminding me how sorry Cai Bing came across last ep. For her sake I'm hoping the issue is related to her limited grasp of Korean, and shady Mnet edits... or she's devolved to Fu Yaning clown shoes tier.

Need to catch up.

Rolling now also blocking YouTube embeds on ERA:
www.youtube.com

Can Kpop Group finish the lyrics of NCT, TBZ, (G)I-DLE, BLACKPINK & TWICE? l FLC l PURPLEKISS

Hi, all the K-POP lovers from all corners of the globe🌐💛Here we have our contents series, "Finish the Lyrics Challenge" with #PURPLE_KISS #FLC🎶 Here is t...

Purple Kiss (ENG CC)퍼플키스 멤버끼리 자주 쓰는 유행어는? 퍼플키스 인터뷰 l PURPLE KISS Interview, 'Zombie' ESQUIRE KOREA

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
BTS speaking/performing before yet another UN assembly. 'Permission to Dance' still isn't a good song, but yeah...

[ENG SUB] BTS 76th UN General Assembly Speech 2021 Full in korean

Performance:
www.youtube.com

BTS - "Permission to Dance" performed at the United Nations General Assembly | SDGs | Official Video

K-Pop sensations BTS perform their hit song Permission to Dance in a video produced at the United Nations. The video accompanies the bands remarks at the SDG...

Full presentation clip with Moon Jae In:
www.youtube.com

President Moon Jae-in & BTS at the Sustainable Development Goals Moment | United Nations (English)

Remarks and introduction to Special Guest by His Excellency, Mr. Moon Jae-in, President of the Republic of Korea Remarks and performance by BTS, Special Pres...