• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That Sunmi song is doing approximately as much as that Chungha song did to me, which is: not a lot.
Kpop has been pretty disappointing these past weeks, heh.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New Sunmi is ok. Nothing too memorable but good enough, I guess.

So k-pop is filled with bullies? 🥲
I wouldn't be surprised. But it's almost impossible to know which accusations are valid and which are just people looking for attention/money. In the end, just try to enjoy the artists' works, don't get too attached to them as persons.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of them have been debunked, but (G)I-DLE's Soojin is the one getting some traction.
Looked hers up. She actually admits to smoking and cussing a friend out. So that's refreshing, most idols would deny everything. But it all seems like typical teenager shit to me. As long as she didn't hit or go after someone to make them an outcast I don't see the problem.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
What is Kyulkyung up to in China? Last I heard, she released only one song during her time with Pledis and nothing since.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
A lot of them have been debunked, but (G)I-DLE's Soojin is the one getting some traction.
Looked hers up. She actually admits to smoking and cussing a friend out. So that's refreshing, most idols would deny everything. But it all seems like typical teenager shit to me. As long as she didn't hit or go after someone to make them an outcast I don't see the problem.
Seeing the way the Soojin situation has been handled by media and kpop antis makes me sad and kind of angry. Like unless I'm missing something, this supposedly happened in middle school. She's 23. No one in their 20s is who they were in middle school.

It just seems really gross to throw the smoking and hanging out with older boys/guys in her face instead of analyzing what her life situation was probably like. That's not to excuse bullying, but there's no way she wasn't going through some shit at the time. And knowing how kpop is this will likely follow her for the rest of her career. Seen too many of my faves disappear or kill themselves over years-long harassment to really approve of dragging adult idols over things they did as children.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember anything major happening with her and Kai. Hopefully fans are chill about it with this one as well.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Misogyny, trolling. Long history of trolling.
I don't remember anything major happening with her and Kai. Hopefully fans are chill about it with this one as well.

The answer is NO! BIG NO!!!
Idols should not be dating while they are being idols. If they want to date, they have to resign first. Im not a dedicated fan of them big band and blackpink (in fact i have dislike toward bp), even then i wont support their relationship either way

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is NO! BIG NO!!!
Idols should not be dating while they are being idols. If they want to date, they have to resign first. Im not a dedicated fan of them big band and blackpink (in fact i have dislike toward bp), even then i wont support their relationship either way

Is this a parody answer?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Is this a parody answer?
Huh? No. It is not i want to be cruel, but in this kind of idol world, im pretty much a boomer. I have already mentioned my concern about this several times back in the previous pages a year ago or something. The reason is i believe idols should focus on their career and fans, if you know what i mean. Idols world is very busy and strict, if you date, you may lose your focus

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Huh? No. It is not i want to be cruel, but in this kind of idol world, im pretty much a boomer. I have already mentioned my concern about this several times back in the previous pages a year ago or something. The reason is i believe idols should focus on their career and fans, if you know what i mean. Idols world is very busy and strict, if you date, you may lose your focus

EfQ8BEwWoAUMQYp.jpg

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

Funny enough I was listening to GD's song that featured Jennie when this happened lol. Happy for them. Hopefully fans are cool with it.

Didn't expect it, but shoot maybe we'll see Jennie on GD's new album lol.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

What on earth.... They are human beings, not slaves. They are allowed to do whatever they want. Never thought I would have to have this discussion here..

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Never thought I would have to have this discussion here..

In the open discussion like this, you cant expect all to have the same opinion. It is to be expected that there are both agreements and disagreements. In this case, it happens that i disagree dating case among idols in general or maybe overall.

Second, You also say that my disagreement is a form of slavery. I literally dont get, i mean seriously how can you see "prohibition to dating" is slavery?

The only thing it could actually work is they already dated, in this case there was nothing we could do. But in reality no, it is not going to happen

Rahvar

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
In the open discussion like this, you cant expect all to have the same opinion. It is to be expected that there are both agreements and disagreements. In this case, it happens that i disagree dating case among idols in general or maybe overall.

Second, You also say that my disagreement is a form of slavery. I literally dont get, i mean seriously how can you see "prohibition to dating" is slavery?

The only thing it could actually work is they already dated, in this case there was nothing we could do. But in reality no, it is not going to happen

I didn't expect to have this discussion here because I thought the people who post here were aware that claiming some sort of control over other people's lives is wrong.

I don't care if they are idols, athletes, celebrities, friends, family members or whatever, no person has any say in another person's private life.

Having control of someone's personal matters, no matter if it's "fans" or the employers is wrong as in fact a form of slavery.

I don't think you will get anyone here that agrees with you, your opinion on this is tbh disgusting.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I didn't expect to have this discussion here because I thought the people who post here were aware that claiming some sort of control over other people's lives is wrong.

I don't care if they are idols, athletes, celebrities, friends, family members or whatever, no person has any say in another person's private life.

Having control of someone's personal matters, no matter if it's "fans" or the employers is wrong as in fact a form of slavery.

I don't think you will get anyone here that agrees with you, your opinion on this is tbh disgusting.

Well. I am not an angel. But even then it is a bit exaggerating, because even though i show disagreement with idol dating, it is not in my decision to control what they are doing. Also just because i disagree, it doesnt mean i want to send them something like death threat. In that case it is criminal and wrong.

Also in general (not always the case though), if i disagree with someone, doesnt mean i will stop supporting them. Unless their opinion have something to do with hate speech. But i could understand if some other fans are disappointed with the dating

Rahvar

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well. I am not an angel. But even then it is a bit exaggerating, because even though i show disagreement with idol dating, it is not in my decision to control what they are doing. Also just because i disagree, it doesnt mean i want to send them something like death threat. In that case it is criminal and wrong.

Also in general (not always the case though), if i disagree with someone, doesnt mean i will stop supporting them. Unless their opinion have something to do with hate speech. But i could understand if some other fans are disappointed with the dating

Death threat? What? Even if you don't consider the kind of crazy people who does that, "just" disagreeing with idols dating is bad enough on its own.

What is your reason? They should be single for the fans sake? They should focus more o. They jobs? They are entitled to their own lives and fans or employers are not entitled to anything when it comes to their private matters.

What if I decided that my staff shouldn't date or socialize because they should have more energy at work.

Or I don't think my friend should get kids because it makes it more inconvenient for me when we hang out?

I say it again, no one has anything to do with idols dating. You can obviously have an opinion on a relationship, but not about idols dating or not.

If Jennie was dating someone who was 50+ you could have an opinion that it was strange and I would agree. But stating they shouldn't date is not ok.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
If Jennie was dating someone who was 50+ you could have an opinion that it was strange and I would agree. But stating they shouldn't date is not ok.
I know they're both adults now but I do think it's kind of weird since g dragon met jennie when she was like 14-15.

That aside though Idols dating should be the same as anyone else, it's just a job at the end of the day.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
From Jooyeon to Jennie. GD is settling.

I didn't think it would happen, but Nature appear to be reuniting as a 9-member group. Very happy to see Loha again. Hopefully they'll announce a comeback soon. 2nd on my wishlist is a performance of Girls with the full group.

1614131384-0224-v-live.jpg

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I expected pitting Jennie against GD's former flames (nagl) but to say idols should leave the industry before having a relationship is a pretty unhealthy level of investment. They don't live for the fans and nor should they.