• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. At least we know JYP will actually give her what she needs given how they took care of Mina.

www.soompi.com

TWICE’s Jeongyeon To Take Break From Activities For Health Reasons

On October 17, JYP Entertainment released a statement about TWICE's Jeongyeon and her future activities. The statement explains that Jeongyeon is currently experiencing psychological anxiety and after discussions with Jeongyeon and the other TWICE members, the agency has taken steps to give her...

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
All I know from 2012 is that I really like this song. But I don't know enough to make a top 10 list, since I didn't even listen to kpop back then.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
1. BIGBANG - Bad Boy
2. 2NE1 - I Love You
3. BIGBANG - Fantastic Baby
4. SPICA - Lonely
5. G-Dragon - That XX
6. EXO-K - What is Love
7. Nine Muses - Ticket
8. SHINee - Sherlock (Clue + Note)
9. SISTAR - Alone
10. Orange Caramel - Lipstick

Honorary mention to Gangnam Style just for being the indisputable iconic song of the year, although one of Psy's weakest title tracks imo. Aside from being the year of GD's wildest hairstyles, 2012 was the year of my 1st kpop concert - BIGBANG. Fantastic Baby was the juggernaut single, but Bad Boy was my fav from the record and it was even better live. Whole place went absolutely nuts for GD's solo performance, too. I Love You is one of 2NE1's best and aged like fine wine and I won't hear otherwise goodnight

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked the MV and song also here's the press showcase stage.

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
It really does have a more SM sound this time around. Some of the sounds made me think of Red velvet in a few parts. Still loved it!

---------------------------------

LSM seems to really be involved in this album more than before.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Why Not is definitely something I'm going to have to give a few more listens to. Voice is really good.

I guess the biggest problem I'm having is that ever since they started working with LSM, they don't sound like Loona anymore to me. The songs aren't bad, it's just not what I expect from them.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
My reaction to my first listen to the album is that it's just okay. There's way too much synth, to a point where towards the end of the album the songs just kind of blur together. There's a couple songs where I like the initial build up and then there's a random tempo change and it kills the momentum. Voice/Star is probably my favorite song on the album. The production on Universe is great and easily puts it at number 2 for me. I think I almost actively dislike Hide & Seek just cause of the random video game noises in it. I hate when songs put that shit in. OOPS has an almost girl crush kinda vibe and that's not something I want out of Loona. Fall Again has a nice R&B sound to it, but it's not something that will really stick with me.

12:00 Ranking
1. Voice/Star
2. Universe
3. Why Not
4. Fall Again
5. OOPS
6. Hide & Seek

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I know from 2012 is that I really like this song. But I don't know enough to make a top 10 list, since I didn't even listen to kpop back then.

I wanted to include this one on my list along with EXID's Every Night, but 2012 was filled with a lot of bangers.

I would love to see more 2012 lists. Come on people.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they didn't choose "Voice" as the title track for this LOONA's comeback. They even included an english version of the song.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see more 2012 lists. Come on people.
I got u fam. Here's mine.

1. Big Bang - Fantastic Baby
Probably the hypest opening in KPOP. Especially their Japan Dome Tour concert.

2. Sistar - Alone
Best Sistar song ever. Sexy without being trashy.

3. Ailee - Heaven
Another timeless classic. Still listening this song to this day. Ailee's voice is just heavenly.

4. Yoseob (BEAST) & Eunji (Apink) - Love Day
The cutest duet ever. Both their voices sound so damn good and they had great chemistry.

5. f(x) - Electric Shock
6. IU - Every End of the Day
7. Ailee - I Will Show You
8. 9Muses - Ticket
9. EXID - Every Night
10. PSY - Gangnam Style

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Loona concert and seeing them do the Butterfly choreo with only 11 members is sooo sad.

Get well soon Haseul. 😭

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The concert was really good they performed so many different songs. Really worth it!

It sounds like things are going well with Haseul and she even had visited them recently.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if MonoTree could launch their own boy or girl group. They certainly have the skills to produce great music.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017

Can anyone here check for me if you're able to view loona albums on tidal, I can't seem to be able to view or listen to it. Country restriction for me maybe?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I... actually really love it, chorus included? Dare I say, chorus especially? It's fun and catchy as fuck, light-years better than whatever the hell So What was. Butterfly still remains their top comeback though. I kinda miss that kind of Loona as well, but oh well.

Special thoughts to my best girl Vivi and her 2 half-lines. Line distribution is so horrible, wew.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
As for Loona's album it goes like this for me

1.Star (eng ver too good)
2.Voice
3.Universe
4.Why Not
5.Fall Again
6.Hide & Seek
7.Oops

Voice is nice but the English version Star just sounds way better to me. Universe & Fall Again are really nice b-sides.

Why not at times sounds great but that chorus is really killing me but who knows it might grow on me later.

Hide & Seek is all over the place but it's not as bad as Oops.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wondering, why does JYPE manage twice the way that they do. It's like they treat them like little kids. They can't even have persona IG Accra. Not saying they would be as big as black pink but like Lisa being able to do tons of stuff and reach fans personally only helps to grow her brand. Like let momo do dance covers on a personal YouTube. Let chaeyong do fashion stuff if she wants etc

they may not need to work Twice to death if you let them be relevant on their own terms without music

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of Why Not? The chorus reminds me of the hamster song or those chipmunk voices.

Voice, Universe and Star are good b-sides. Star is probably my favorite.

Jul 24, 2020
I've been wondering, why does JYPE manage twice the way that they do. It's like they treat them like little kids. They can't even have persona IG Accra. Not saying they would be as big as black pink but like Lisa being able to do tons of stuff and reach fans personally only helps to grow her brand. Like let momo do dance covers on a personal YouTube. Let chaeyong do fashion stuff if she wants etc

they may not need to work Twice to death if you let them be relevant on their own terms without music

I can definitely understand wanting to do it early in their careers but at this point they're very established icons so it definitely seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity.