• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Once again, Weki Meki does not disappoint. I joke that everyone should "Stan" them, but I really do think they're one of the most consistent groups around.

This is great. At one point, in the bridge, I was afraid that they'd switch to a happy chorus, (or one of those high note ones that some groups with rappers do, you know how the verses are all hard and the chorus goes for powerful vocals, think EXID) but I'm glad that they pulled it together continued to ride the beat.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
about the nurse costume, this is an issue not about global or western response to sexy nurse costumes, but an issue that's been brought up many times in korea about specifically korean impacts of sexy-nurse on korean nurses. like, this isn't new or out of the blue, nor does it necessarily have much to do with the experiences of nurses in the west. sometimes kpop companies do wrong by korean audiences and korean feminist movements (this shouldn't be surprising). these critiques are originally coming from actual korean nurses and healthcare professionals, and western knee-jerk reactions aren't particularly relevant here.

a twitter thread with a bit more details and instances of backlash about this specific issue in the past.

That thread was a bit more enlightening, thanks for sharing it. I don't agree with them saying that siding with Jennie is siding with MRAs though, that feels like an extremely rash shortcut, as it disregards Jennie's agency in her own self-expression as a woman as well. Regardless, it's just 8 seconds so them being gone isn't gonna affect me at all.

Yes, I quite like it indeed, WKMK always brings it!

Last edited:

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
So this covers the outfits they had in their first teaser image. Should be the final one since it's only a week and a half away now and it's their fourth set.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The English version of "Cool" isn't great, but the translated Korean lyrics are good. Makes the song better when you know what they're saying. Very positive.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That thread was a bit more enlightening, thanks for sharing it. I don't agree with them saying that siding with Jennie is siding with MRAs though, that feels like an extremely rash shortcut, as it disregards Jennie's agency in her own self-expression as a woman as well. Regardless, it's just 8 seconds so them being gone isn't gonna affect me at all.

I don't think anyone is saying Jennie is siding with MRAs.

But MRAs in korea have absolutely taken the nurse thing as a standing point and it's NOT a small amount of people. I've seen multiple threads on it in various korean forums.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also gotta remember the Burning Sun club assault and Molka cases were last year

And the Nth room cases were this year.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool is great! I really like the MV as well, very clean and well shot. Weki Meki deserves a lot more popularity (and sales), but that is true for so many kpop groups....

The song is growing on me with each listen, but BP really need to work on their choreos. This is basic and boring as hell.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be honest--I'm a little scared for LOONA's comeback. They tried to go a little too hard with "So What" and it felted forced at times.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty confident I will like this cb as well. Hopefully anyone who didn't can like this though.

IMG_20201008_191600.jpg

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like no MV for this song.

Edit: Oh that makes sense they're donating all the money they make from this song to charity.

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Finally having the time to catch up on some songs.

My god Everglow "LA DI DA" really caught me off guard. Totally in my top list this year.

Fromis9 "Feel good" was alright for me. Love their vocals though.

Will be checking out blackpink next.

---------------------------

Despite being in quarantine, Handong still manages to be funny. Just one more week!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

List of producers per track and their credits:
Track 1:
Melanie Joy Fontana: Everglow's Hush, BBC, Twice's Trick It, CLC's Helicopter, BTS' Boy With Luv. His husband is the other producer so same credits for him.
Lyrics written by JYP, this is probably the title track.

Track 2:
Sim Eunjee: JYPE lyricist and producer. Itzy's That's A No-No, Day6's Emergency, Twice's Love Foolish
Lee Haesol: JYPE producer. Twice's More & More, JYP's When We Disco, NiziU's Make You Happy, Itzy's Icy
Linnea Södahl: Warner Chappel producer, did Lush Life for Zara Larsson and has worked with people like Jason Derulo or Anne Marie

Track 3:
Collapsedone: Classic JYPE producer. Fromis' Feel Good (SECRET CODE), Itzy's Don't Give a What and Nobody Like You, Day6's Shoot Me, Twice's Feel Special, N.Flying's Good Bam
Krysta Youngs & Julia Ross: Team of producers. BTS' Home and On, Oh My Girl's Twilight, Taeyeon's Wine and Love in Color

Track 4:
Rod Radwagon: Did a song for Kana Nishino and that's all the credits I can find
Grace Barker: Has done some songs for Tiestö, Jonas Blue, Olly Murs and other western artists
Josh Record: Another mostly western producer but has done 2 tracks in K-Pop. Monsta X's Misbehave and Itzy's Nobody Like You

Track 5:
Earattack: Another classic JYP producer, hated by the GOT7 fanbase. Twice's Missing You, Rollin' and Turn It Up, Stray Kids' My Pace, GOT7's Never Ever, Fly, Elris' Jackpot
Laurell Barker: Western producer, mostly known for the Eurovision songs she has produced as She Got Me for Switzerland last year. Worked on Lil' Touch by Oh!GG'.
Katya Edwards: Another Western producer, don't know any of the songs she has produced so...

Track 6:
Kenzie: Legendary producer, associated mostly with SM. Red Velvet's Red Flavor, RBB, Psycho, Monster, EXO's Transformer, Sing For You, Monster, Overdose
Greg Bonnick & Aiden Chapman (LDN Noise): Another legendary producer team, Shinee's View, Married to the Music, Red Velvet's Dumb Dumb, Campfire, EXO's Lucky One, Monster, Lotto, etc.
Alice Penrose: Red Velvet's Zoo, SNSD's Sweet Talk, BoA's Christmas Paradise

Track 7:
Jinbyjin: Mostly composed stuff for Han Seungwoo's (VICTON), like Sacrifice
Cazzi Opeia and Ellen Berg: Another big name, Red Velvet's Psycho, Peek-A-Boo, Power Up, Itzy's Icy, Twice's Dance The Night Away, 24/7, HOT

Track 8:
Grace Tither: British producer, mostly on western stuff like Wiz Khalifa, Wretch 32 or Zara Larsson, has done Android for TVXQ
Carl Ryder: Another producer for the same company as Grace. Also focused on western artists like Ricky Martin, David Guetta, etc. Made a song for VeriVery called Photo.
Ki Fitzgerald: Western producer for people like Jonas Brothers, B.o.B, Wiz Khalifa, Pitbull...
Paul Harris: NCT U's Baby Don't Stop + some stuff for artists like Kylie Minogue or Gorillaz

Track 9:
Jonatan Gusmark & Ludvig Evers (Moonshine): Producer team that has worked on a lot of songs like Red Velvet's Sassy Me, Peek-A-Boo, Milkshake, Twice's HOT, etc.
Kim Yeonseo: Worked on Loona's Daeng Daeng Daeng, Red Velvet's Diamond, Jelly, Uncover, GWSN's Wonderboy, Weki Meki's Tiki-Taka
Cazzy Opeia and Ellen Berg: See above

Track 10:
Adrian X: Live guitarist and producer for Drake, has won a Grammy for his work on Take Care.
Elizabeth Loughrey: No credits
Ryan Ashley: Twice's Make Me Go, worked with H.E.R. too on '2'
Uzoichi Emenike (MNEK): Twice's More & More and Girls Like Us, you guys probably know him, he's produced a ton of stuff

Track 11:
Candace Sosa: OOOF's Sage, WayV's Up From Here, ton of BTS songs like Magic Shop, I'm Fine or Euphoria
DJ Swivel: Same as Candace Sosa
Sean R Mullen: Nothing
James Kaye Miller: Nothing
OranJi: Nothing

Track 12:
e-one's Jung Hohyun: April's April Story and Tinkerbell, WJSN's Secret, IZ*ONE's Merry-Go-Round, Wonder Girls' I Feel You
Iggy: Half of Iggy & Youngbae, legendary producer recently seen on Yukika's Neon, Rocket Punch's Juicy and Bim Bam Bum, GFriend's Fever...

Track 13:
I don't normally mention lyrics writers but seeing Heize here is pretty cool.
Sam Klempner: BTS' Best of Me, TXT's Roller Coaster, has collaborated with MNEK and James Arthur too
Jacob Attwooll: TXT's Roller Coaster, worked with Olly Murs and Dua Lipa
Dua Lipa: Stream Future Nostalgia

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Finally having the time to catch up on some songs.

My god Everglow "LA DI DA" really caught me off guard. Totally in my top list this year.

Fromis9 "Feel good" was alright for me. Love their vocals though.

Will be checking out blackpink next.

---------------------------

Despite being in quarantine, Handong still manages to be funny. Just one more week!

To think Dreamcatcher has schedules right after she returns.

One more week indeed

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is so many people that's insane.

www.reuters.com

K-pop titan BTS's online concert draws global fans

Fans of BTS tuned in to an online concert by the K-pop boyband on Saturday, holding their signature light sticks and sharing messages in a chatroom.

Edit: Sounds like it's not really that high but still a lot I imagine.

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
To think Dreamcatcher has schedules right after she returns.

One more week indeed

Yeah. She was originally supposed to be done yesterday but because she went on a flight a week late, it'll fall right on the kcon stuff by the time her quarantine finishes. I don't think she'll join them for the kcon stuff.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
[4K] 다이나믹 듀오(Dynamicduo)의 킬링벌스를 라이브로! | 쌔끈해, 부르즈 할리파, 될 대로 되라고 해, 만루홈런, 맵고짜고단거, 다시 쓰는 이력서, 길을 막지마 등

f(x) Krystal signs with H& Entertainment

www.soompi.com

f(x)’s Krystal Leaves SM Entertainment + Signs With New Agency

f(x)’s Krystal has officially parted ways with SM Entertainment and joined a new agency. On October 12, H& Entertainment announced that Krystal had signed an exclusive contract with the company following the expiration of her contract with her longtime agency SM Entertainment in late August...