• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
welcome

0ecdb5d9db8ebac02ccb7286111dbffe.gif

ITZY "Not Shy" Stage Practice

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Stan IZ*ONE.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How is no one mentioning G-Idle? Soyeon is basically taking over the kpop Queendom

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
New post, mixed with repost for new thread.

I've been a fan of this "Anatomy of a Dancer" series for some months now.

Always nice when you see people from outside the culture provide analysis from a different perspective, while remaining respectful of the art form itself, unlike some of the awful breakdowns of western Hip-Hop.

The user behind this series has been producing videos at around a once per month pace, so hopefully they can maintain that, and finish their run of one video dedicated to each NCT member.

Ballet Dancer Analyzes: NCT TAEYONG Pt. 1 - How to Build a Dancer | Anatomy of a Dancer EP. 4

Ballet Dancer Analyzes: NCT TAEYONG Pt. 2 - Death of an Artist | Anatomy of a Dancer EP. 5

Somewhat along those lines, is this breakdown of G-Idle leader Soyeon's rap verse from 'Senorita.'

Why Soyeon's rap in Senorita is so disorienting | Classical Composer Breaks down the K — Ep. 1

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
How is no one mentioning G-Idle? Soyeon is basically taking over the kpop Queendom
Damn give me a second to get in the thread! 😂If Cube is smart they'll get her to be a full time producer/writer after her contract is up.

NameUser I think these top song lists for 2019 and the first half of 2020 could be added to the OP

Kpop ERA's Top 20 of 2019
Another year of Kpop in the books.

Votes have been tallied, obsessed over, arthimitized, tie breaked, and updated as each vote came in. If you want to go in blind without spoiling yourself, you can watch below on the little video I made:

20. Limesoda - Wave (69 Points)
19. Stray Kids - Miroh (73 Points)

18. Hinapia - Drip (82 Points)
17. Twice - Feel Special (106 Points)
16. Itzy - Dalla Dalla (111 Points)
15. CLC - No (120 Points)
14. Everglow - Bon Bon Chocolat (122 Points)
13. NCT127 - Superhuman (126 Points)
12. Sunmi - Noir (132 Points)
11. Weki Meki - Tiki-Taka (134 Points)

10. Dreamcatcher - Deja Vu (141 Points)
9. Mamamoo - Hip (152 Points)
8. Twice - Fancy (156 Points)
7. Chung Ha - Gotta Go (161 Points)
6. (G)I-DLE - Lion (169 Points)
5. Itzy - Icy (174 Points)
4. IZONE - Violeta (192 Points)
3. Loona - Butterfly (292 Points)
2. Red Velvet - Psycho (310 Points)
1. Apink - %% (313 Points)

Thank you to everyone for voting, participating and waiting for the results!

Kpop ERA's Top 10 First Half 2020
As usual, if you want to go in completely blind without spoiling yourself, I made a lil video:

10. Zico - Any Song (33 Points)

9. Everglow - Dun Dun (34 Points)

8. (G)I-DLE - Oh My God (34 Points) won tiebreak

7. Blackpink - How You Like That (36 Points)

6. Dreamcatcher - Scream (42 Points)

5. BTS - Black Swan (45 Points)

4. Apink Dumhdurum (49 Points)

3. Sunmi - Pporappippam (53 Points)

2. Loona - So What (54 Points)

1. Itzy - Wannabe (73 Points)

Thank you to everyone who participated and voted!

Looking back at these lists, I'm reminded that Psycho beat out Butterfly and I'm disappointed in this community all over again.

vanty

Oct 26, 2017
nicolefacers don't fuck with the thread

Except for one I guess

This post doesn't count

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This is exciting seems like the magazine kind of spoiled this early. Though of course could be some kind of mistake so not like it's 100% confirmed. Can't trust it until it comes from Loona.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. In her vlog posted the other day, she mentions doing a photo shoot for the album jacket.
I mentioned that in the previous thread before it was locked. But yeah Olivia Hye mentioning the album jacket and recording studio. And this weekend Yves got a haircut and Jinsoul recently did. Seems like normal CB preparation stuff.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Any fans of Hyolyn here? She's been releasing new stuff! :D

I love her singing (big fan of SISTAR back in the day too ;;) and I'm really inspired by how confident she is in her solo stuff. Plus I think it's nice that her videos often work with and feature more diverse dancers and shine a spotlight on different body types / images that the standard kpop industry tends to avoid.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard people say that Hyolyn is the best dancer in kpop. Do you agree?

And amongst the girl groups it goes Lisa, Chaeyeon, and Momo.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Hmm well I think Taemin is the best dancer in kpop. He's another who I'm a big fan of. <3

But if I was just considering girls, then I'd definitely agree that Hyolyn is really high up there if not at the top. She's pushed herself in choreography and flexibility I feel more than what kpop girl groups usually display? But it's hard to compare since they all have different styles.

I also don't want to detract from other awesome dancers since I think there are lots. I've been really impressed by ITZY's dancers lately for example.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess CLC will live on for a few more years. They finally got their official colors.

Any fans of Hyolyn here? She's been releasing new stuff! :D

I love her singing (big fan of SISTAR back in the day too ;;) and I'm really inspired by how confident she is in her solo stuff. Plus I think it's nice that her videos often work with and feature more diverse dancers and shine a spotlight on different body types / images that the standard kpop industry tends to avoid.

Dally is my jam. 9Lives is pretty good. I'm a big fan of Sistar, so I'm glad she's doing well solo.

Wow. Thanks for posting this. It's a lovely song and now I need to listen to her other songs. Any recs for some of her better songs?

Her most popular one is Gashina.

An oldie:

She doesn't have that many songs solo-wise, but check out Heroine, Black Pearl and Noir.

Wonder Girls bonus

less

Oct 25, 2017
I guess CLC will live on for a few more years. They finally got their official colors.

Dally is my jam. 9Lives is pretty good. I'm a big fan of Sistar, so I'm glad she's doing well solo.

Her most popular one is Gashina.

An oldie:

She doesn't have that many songs solo-wise, but check out Heroine, Black Pearl and Noir.

Wonder Girls bonus

Thank you! She was part of Wonder Girls? I've forgotten so much over the years the I stopped following KPOP. D:

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
the thing about Hyolyn's dancing is that she's worked with Nicole Kirkland quite a lot, so her dancing and choreos are much more the LA hip hop dance scene, and much less filtered through the kpop industry. is that better? i like it more, and clearly so do some others in this thread (and it's not like the style is completely absent in korea and kpop, 1million and the dance that comes out of that studio is pretty tightly linked to LA's Millennium and other studios of that type). She is definitely great at performing that style of more intensive dance, but she might get extra kudos for being the only one who's really fully in that style (also her floor work and heels dancing is basically unique in the industry aside from dance style details).

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome NameUser, thanks for the OT!

Who would have thought that in the release days of Itzy and Dreamcatcher, that JYP would come out ahead as my favorite track

It's fun to look at the stages and to listen to while driving. I thought Fever was better but not so sure anymore.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Thanks for posting this. It's a lovely song and now I need to listen to her other songs. Any recs for some of her better songs?
I've enjoyed pretty much all her singles. Gashina and Full Moon have already been posted. Heroine, Noir (I really like Noir, but reception here was mixed), and Pporappippam is her most recent.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Loona returning from Jeju Island and most of them are hiding their hair. Back to being excited again.

Oct 27, 2017
I have heard people say that Hyolyn is the best dancer in kpop. Do you agree?

And amongst the girl groups it goes Lisa, Chaeyeon, and Momo.
I'd say no. Lisa has shown to have way more diverse styles she can do and I appreciate that she doesn't shun hip hop like many in Korea do. Momo is good but she's shackled to the normal Kpop idol stuff