• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the special battle of the female soloists

Here is how it will work:

Our inital rooster created by a panel of experts to maximise the fun, consists of 48 female soloists covering a wide arrange of genres and styles that satisfy the following criteria:
- Well known in the community (at least 2 people that care about them)
- "Active" at least in the last couple of years
- They have more than 1 release (some exceptions to this due to passionate popularity over here)

This is the list:
Ailee
AleXa
Amber
Baek Yerin
BIBI
BoA
Chungha
DALsooobin (Dalshabet)
Eunji (Apink)
Eyedi
Gain
Gummy
HA:TFELT (Yeeun from Wonder Girls)
Heize
Hoody
Hon Jin Young (trot noona)
Hwasa
Hyolyn
Hyoseong (Secret)
Hyoyeon
Hyuna (4minutes)
IU
Jennie
Jessi
Jessica
Jieun (Secret)
Jimin (AOA)
Jiyeon
Jvcki Wai
Lee Haeri (Davichi)
Lee Hi
Lim Kim
Luna
Minah
Sejeong
Somi
SoRi
Soyou
Sunmi
Suran
Suzy (the artist)
Taeyeon
Tiffany
Yezi
Yoon Mirae
Younha
Yubin (Wonder Girls)
Yukika

The format will be as follows:
  1. Preliminary round that will narrow it down from 48 to 32. In this round, they will be randomly divided in 8 groups of 6. You'll get to vote for 4 of these 6 during 3 days. The top 4 of each group will move to the next phase.
  2. Group phase that will narrow them down from 32 to 16. 8 new groups with 4 entries will composed. The groups will be restricted to have one 1st place, one 2nd place, one 3rd place and one 4th place from the results of the previous rounds. You'll get 2 votes for this round that will last 3 days. The top 2 of each group will move on.
  3. The bracket. The final 16 will face off in 1 vs 1 votes, until there is only 1 left.

First groups and polls coming soon.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Delphine

Did actually really like this. Somi came off as very genuine and you can definately see the influence of her not being full Korean.

Also nice touch to see the Itzy girls in there.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
After about 5 years, many digital singles, and many OSTs later, Stella Jang is finally releasing her 1st full album.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Groups are formed and preliminary round is on for 3 days.

POLL LINK
(Closes in 3 days from the time of this post)

The groups:

UmjSzG2.png

This preliminary round will narrow it down from the staring 48 to 32. You'll get to rank your top 4 of each group of 6. The points assigned will be as follows:

1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 2 points
4th: 1 point

The top 4 of each group will move to the next phase. In case of a tie in number of points, the one with more #1 votes will move on to the next phase. If still on a tie, the one voted by more number of people will move on. If it's still a tie, I'll flip a coin.

The results of this round will determine the next phase grouping, so every point counts.

The groups for the next phases will have the following composition:

mqGifdv.png

Last edited:

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Welcome to the special battle of the female soloists

Here is how it will work:

Our inital rooster created by a panel of experts to maximise the fun, consists of 48 female soloists covering a wide arrange of genres and styles that satisfy the following criteria:
- Well known in the community (at least 2 people that care about them)
- "Active" at least in the last couple of years
- They have more than 1 release (some exceptions to this due to passionate popularity over here)

This is the list:

The format will be as follows:
  1. Preliminary round that will narrow it down from 48 to 32. In this round, they will be randomly divided in 8 groups of 6. You'll get to vote for 4 of these 6 during 3 days. The top 4 of each group will move to the next phase.
  2. Group phase that will narrow them down from 32 to 16. 8 new groups with 4 entries will composed. The groups will be restricted to have one 1st place, one 2nd place, one 3rd place and one 4th place from the results of the previous rounds. You'll get 2 votes for this round that will last 3 days. The top 2 of each group will move on.
  3. The bracket. The final 16 will face off in 1 vs 1 votes, until there is only 1 left.

First groups and polls coming soon.
So what are the steps to vote? Am i missing somethint here?

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why I wasn't getting any answers.... I fixed the link for the poll in the main post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
This poll allows me to repeat what I've said before:

This release is the happiest I've ever been as a k-pop fan. It was tailor made for me. Everything good about BoA came out, perfectly timed, and made for the ultimate comeback.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

This release is the happiest I've ever been as a k-pop fan. It was tailor made for me. Everything good about BoA came out, perfectly timed, and made for the ultimate comeback.

With The Shadow as a B-side and with a MV too!

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Voted!

lol

Those groups were completely random, so yeah, some groups ended up being stronger than others.
Eyedi :(

Yeah, a lot of those groups are pretty brutal.

Also where is fromis it's been what? 1.5 years since their comeback??

Only 10 months but it does feel like longer. It's interesting how the Mnet scandal has affected different groups. X1 outright cancelled, IZ*ONE back to full promotions and Fromis stuck somewhere in the middle.

At least they're releasing glorious new video content again.

[FM_1.24 Special] 프로미스나인 (fromis_9) - 브런치를 부탁해?! #1

[FM_1.24 Special] 프로미스나인 (fromis_9) - 브런치를 부탁해?! #2

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Chuu in the second round of masked singer, sadly didn't make it by 1 point. Performing lovaholic's if I can just have you.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of BoA, she also has some top tier Jpop songs

‐-------------

Only 3 new songs from (G)I-DLE's new mini

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

When it comes to solo artists, basically everyone else is a pretender to the throne. BoA is like legend status.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I was originally going to campaign for BoA, but it looks like that's been taken care of. Instead, I ask you all to vote for one of my favorite debuts last year, Yukika.

Please, support her. She's one of the nicest idols out there and she deserves a lot more attention.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was originally going to campaign for BoA, but it looks like that's been taken care of. Instead, I ask you all to vote for one of my favorite debuts last year, Yukika.

Please, support her. She's one of the nicest idols out there and she deserves a lot more attention.

Love her, hope she goes far!

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Wow how can you all talk about BoA without me, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!

Thou TaeTae is my ultimate bias but dare I say it was BoA who brought me so much joy in music in the Kpop and Jpop all these years.

I literally cried T_T

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Four years ago, and still in my kokoro:

Nice idea about the soloist poll, but damn, watch me be the only one voting for Somi, sobs.

Also y'all saying we should vote for Chungha while soloist of 10+ years of amazing career and amazing iconic bops queen Hyuna is right there in the same group as her. Like, I love Chungha, she has one amazing hit and some good enough songs, but, HELLO?

Delphine

Did actually really like this. Somi came off as very genuine and you can definately see the influence of her not being full Korean.

Also nice touch to see the Itzy girls in there.

Yeah, finally some Somi content, bless!

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Groups are formed and preliminary round is on for 3 days.

POLL LINK
(Closes in 3 days from the time of this post)

The groups:

UmjSzG2.png

This preliminary round will narrow it down from the staring 48 to 32. You'll get to rank your top 4 of each group of 6. The points assigned will be as follows:

1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 2 points
4th: 1 point

The top 4 of each group will move to the next phase. In case of a tie in number of points, the one with more #1 votes will move on to the next phase. If still on a tie, the one voted by more number of people will move on. If it's still a tie, I'll flip a coin.

The results of this round will determine the next phase grouping, so every point counts.

The groups for the next phases will have the following composition:

mqGifdv.png

18 hours before this round ends. Here are the results so far after 34(!) votes:

IFu1n3N.png

POLL LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.