• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017

So one of the digipedi director uploaded a Haseul self-interview just now (2AM KST) on twitter. It seems that it was recorded shortly after their concert last december. Basically, digipedi misses haseul, loona misses haseul, I miss haseul, we all miss haseul.

My guess? Maybe he got teary eyed after watching the latest LoonaTV.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's confirmed now. I don't really know how Blinks will take this, but this doesn't look good for Blackpink.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

So one of the digipedi director uploaded a Haseul self-interview just now (2AM KST) on twitter. It seems that it was recorded shortly after their concert last december. Basically, digipedi misses haseul, loona misses haseul, I miss haseul, we all miss haseul.

My guess? Maybe he got teary eyed after watching the latest LoonaTV.

Hope Haseul is doing okay, and the break is going well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I understand why someone would sign with YG. It's basically guaranteed success and money. At the same time, if you actually want to perform and make music, it seems like the worst major company to sign with. It's impressive how much talent they have wasted. 2NE1, Lee Hi, and Somi and BP will soon join that list. They don't care. Newer nugus have already released more albums than Blackpink in half the time.

They'll have one comeback in 2020, maybe, vanish, then just get slow faded by YG.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
9920B33C5C78D00A0E

It doesn't matter. Neither group will get any promo and they'll be interchangeable sound wise 😅🤷🏿‍♂️

9932D54B5E45553C39

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this doesn't sound well for BP. If they can't manage one, imagine managing two girl groups. It's just baffling. They're one of the hottest GG, and YG just doesn't bother promoting them.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is Infinite still active?

Sung Kyu just got out of the military, Woo Hyun is still in, and L left completely. They haven't done anything since before Woo Hyun left.

Yeah this doesn't sound well for BP. If they can't manage one, imagine managing two girl groups. It's just baffling. They're one of the hottest GG, and YG just doesn't bother promoting them.

YG believes in artificial scarcity. Keep the group away to keep the fans hungry. And we can argue that it works, because folks are fiending for BP.

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, fuck YG. The sheer audacity of it, you almost have to respect it.

Is there any info on when BP's contracts are up?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, fuck YG. The sheer audacity of it, you almost have to respect it.

Is there any info on when BP's contracts are up?
Probably the typical 7 year one so it's half over more likely. So don't expect them to be around beyond 2023. 2NE1 is the group that got me into K-pop back in 2010. And seeing how YGE treated them when they were almost just as big as Black Pink by 2nd gen standards (BP has more views, which is kinda a result of the genre becoming more popular and they owe a lot of their success to 2NE1).

It's messed up for fans though. And there's been reports that the label isn't earning enough money. How can they when they barely release anything? I honestly won't be shocked if they just continue to fade out. With all the scandals and carefree attitude when it comes to promo.

I know, it's easy for us outsiders to play "Armchair CEO," but it doesn't take a business degree to see that they're leaving too much damn money on the table.

Jan 13, 2020
BTW talking about contracts, didn't Red Velvet's contract expire last year? What's the new contract like? Or maybe I'm mixing up groups.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Are they keeping money on the table though?

They just had the biggest tour for an asian girl group (and it's not close)

And they got brand deals a mile long.

You can argue fans aren't getting what they want, but YG is definitely getting what they want out of BP

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This sucks but understandable. CIX also postponed their tour. I wonder if NCT 127 will do the same.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the typical 7 year one so it's half over more likely. So don't expect them to be around beyond 2023. 2NE1 is the group that got me into K-pop back in 2010. And seeing how YGE treated them when they were almost just as big as Black Pink by 2nd gen standards (BP has more views, which is kinda a result of the genre becoming more popular and they owe a lot of their success to 2NE1).

It's messed up for fans though. And there's been reports that the label isn't earning enough money. How can they when they barely release anything? I honestly won't be shocked if they just continue to fade out. With all the scandals and carefree attitude when it comes to promo.

I know, it's easy for us outsiders to play "Armchair CEO," but it doesn't take a business degree to see that they're leaving too much damn money on the table.
2NE1 is the group that got me into K-Pop.

Honestly at this point, I'm kinda waiting for their contracts to expire so I can get some new music. Assuming that YG hasn't killed their interest in making music by 2023.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was going through the ELRIS mini thinking about how underwhelming it was...

...until this song. A bop! It's SO good.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
No matter who it is I just can't even imagine what they're going through atm :/

Hopefully they can be cured

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's awful. Whoever it is I hope they recover.

-----------------

This song has really grown on me:

Status
Not open for further replies.