• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
(G)I-dle has kinda replaced EXID for me. Great group, like some of their stuff, but they stick too closely to their formula. IDK, seems like this happens a lot when a group has a dominant rapper/strong vocalists. Seems like the flows/structures are too samey. I'll give them another chance though.

In their defense, their last song did seem a little different, just didn't like it much.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not really sure i get that complaint given their songs have basically nothing to do with each other genre wise.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah saying they have a formula when they've gone from Latata -> Hann -> Senorita -> Uh Oh -> Lion

Like, what? Unless you're talking about their B-sides?

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Gave the bts album a full listen and it's not that bad, ON is just a bad single imo, but there some pretty good and diverse songs in the album

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like I don't even think that complaint really works for EXID outside of the trio that is UP&Down, Ah Yeah and Hot Pink

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Okay. This is great. Why doesn't it have more views?

--------

Also, I know all of G(I) stuff doesn't sound identical. But they do have a sound that I can't really get into sadly. If someone played a new song by them without telling you who it was by, you'd be able to guess. So I consider that having a sound. Like with Twice, even when they switch it up it still sounds like Twice cause their voices and overall vibe/melodies and raps.

To be clear--I'm not knocking anyone. They're a good group. Just like EXID.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Just listened to BTS' song featuring Sia. Andd ewww i feel so disgusted. I thought the song would be like a project composed by sia, but turned out it was a typical bts song.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Limited B # in today yay.

IMG_20200224_164659.jpg

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized 2NE1 is supposed to be 21. My dumbass never put the two together. I've always pronounced 2NE1 differently than twenty-one so I never made the connection. I never would've realized it if my friend hadn't been talking about them.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized 2NE1 is supposed to be 21. My dumbass never put the two together. I've always pronounced 2NE1 differently than twenty-one so I never made the connection. I never would've realized it if my friend hadn't been talking about them.
Shameful. You must leave this thread and never return 😝

Top Cat

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Koreon Music Awards have been cancelled. Winners will instead announced online at 12pm KST on 27th.

Understandable considering safety concerns at the moment, but I was hoping to see another Lion performance from (G)I-DLE as they're nominated for best Kpop song of 2019.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the song but it was pretty cool seeing BTS perform in Grand Central terminal

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
'Into The New World' is one of the top 5 K-Pop debut songs of all time.

On a bad day, it's at least top 10, so it's understandable that Gfriend put out 2-3 remakes of their own.

Why is 'The Great Escape' not available everywhere? The first Japanese album remains their pinnacle. Dunno what better overall release SNSD have had.

Like After School's similarly god level Dress To Kill, I always found it interesting that the best album from either group was in a non-native language. Good thing both groups went on to make great songs for several years afterwards...

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Sera is gracing us with her angelic voice in this cover, I think my soul went to heaven and back ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.