• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Loona 'So What' may be their weakest single since Gowon dropped.

I've only listened to it once, but I don't remember the last song of theirs that I didn't want to *immediately* replay at least once more. Within seconds of the video starting, my reaction was "this isn't what I listen to Loona for."

Unlike the fractured parts of the fandom who can only listen to certain music styles from Loona's various projects, I've liked the group since their predebut. I can appreciate how good the 1/3 output was, instead of only liking the dancier tracks that came after that.

Given that, 'So What' just sounds flat and repetitive. I get the sense that like Everglow's 'Dun Dun' great performances will help lift my enjoyment of the song.

Hoping the album has some better prospects.

LOONA knows every song on Earth! | 이달의 소녀 | This or That

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Weki Meki, coming to save Winter 2020 after having saved Summer 2019, and with Yoojung no less! Yes, please!

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Weki Meki better deliver again! I'm glad people started to appreciate them with Tiki Tika/99%. But I liked them from jump 😛

—————————

I really like this. Took me a minute to realize it's 100% English though:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Went and made playlists out of two 2019 ranking we did!

2019 Comeback Top30 (+1):

2019 Bsides Top10:

Weki Meki better deliver again! I'm glad people started to appreciate them with Tiki Tika/99%. But I liked them from jump 😛

—————————

I really like this. Took me a minute to realize it's 100% English though:

Dude, I was stanning Weki Meki before they were even formed, yo! One of the perks of being an I.O.I stan.
That BVNDIT song is really cool, it has great potential to grow on me. And they all have amazing English pronunciation, truly.

I related news It's been over a year since Gugudan had a comeback

Ok, that one hurts.

egyVkEj.gif

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, I was stanning Weki Meki before they were even formed, yo! One of the perks of being an I.O.I stan.
I think we were all stanning Weki Meki before they debuted. Then their debut happened... And the first comeback...

Tiki Taka is great, but they have been more miss than hit for me. I hope they stay in this line.

Well, better than LOONA.

Also, I keep mistaking Cherry Bullet and Rocket Punch. Which one of the two is making a comeback this month:
Both lol.

RoPunch are the Bin Ban Boom woollim girls with girls from Produce48 that debuted last year.

CheBul are the Q&A FNC girls with girls from Produce48 that debuted last year.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I know this may sound crazy, but I think BVNDIT's Cool is my favorite kpop song of 2020 so far.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also, I keep mistaking Cherry Bullet and Rocket Punch. Which one of the two is making a comeback this month?

Ahah glad to see I'm not the only one mixing Rocket Punch with Cherry Bullet. I was even surprised when I saw Rocket Punch's teaser to see they were only 6 members, wondering if members had already quit the group (fun twist, Cherry Bullet lost three members already, which doesn't make things easy since they're 7 members now). Anyway, then I remembered one debuted with a song I don't like, the other with a song I liked.

I think we were all stanning Weki Meki before they debuted. Then their debut happened... And the first comeback...

Tiki Taka is great, but they have been more miss than hit for me. I hope they stay in this line.

Yeah, I also liked Crush and Picky but their debut single and first comeback were hard for me to get into. I'm glad they're upping the music quality with each comeback though!

Last edited:

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Loona's new song sucked. I tried so desperately to like it but god the rapping. Hate it.

Butterfly still remains to this day a flawless pop song that was paid dust by the gp.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Wow the live perf made me love the song x100. Hopefully next time its actually Haseul's era and they go for something within their style but laid back.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Oh (yes I am) so far is my favorite off of #. Also the white feathers at the end of the MV, I hope Haseul is able to get things to a point where she can join in on things again.
i agree! That song is fantastic. And yeah, I miss mom haseul so bad :(
Kinda suffers from the same thing as Everglow's new single. It just tries to go too hard and comes across a little messy at times. We need subtle bops. Something like "Get It" by Pristin V or "BBC" by Everglow. Those songs worked so well because they go hard while showing restraint.
this is a rly good point. I've grown to love So What, but I think the main reason many haven't is that it starts at a 10 and tries to increase the intensity from there, which can just sound cluttered at times.
LOONA won. Accept iT

image0.gif
Let's hope they also win 1st place!

T_T

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
February Debuts and Comebacks
-
Batch #1
GFRIEND - Labyrinth (Title Song: Cross Roads)
2020/02/03 | Big Hit/Source Music

DKB - Youth (Title Song: Sorry Mama)
2020/02/03 | Brave Entertainment

Everglow - Reminiscence (Title Song: DUN DUN)
2020/02/03 | Yuehua Korea

Cignature - NunNuNaNa (Title Song: NunNuNaNa)
2020/02/03 | J9 Entertainment/C9 Entertainment

MV links here

Batch #2
LOONA - ## (Title Song: So What)
2020/02/05 | Blockberry Creative

TWICE - &TWICE -Repackage- (Title Songs: Fake & True, Swing)
2020/02/05 | JYP Entertainment, Warner Music Japan

iKON - i DECIDE (Title Song: Dive)
2020/02/06 | YG Entertainment

Bvndit - Cool (Title Song: Cool)
2020/02/06 | MNH Entertainment

Batch #3
8Eight - ??? (Title Song: ????) (NEW)
2020/02/08 | Big Hit Entertainment

The Boyz - REVEAL (Title Song: REVEAL)
2020/02/10 | Cre.ker Entertainment

Rocket Punch - RED PUNCH (Title Song: Bouncy) (UPDATED)
2020/02/10 | Woollim Entertainment

Cherry Bullet - Hands Up (Title Song: Hands Up) (NEW)
2020/02/12 | FNC Entertainment

Batch #4

Nature - I'm So Pretty (Title Song: I'm So Pretty -Japanese Vers.-)
2020/02/12 | n.CH Entertainment, Pony Canyon

ATEEZ - Treasure EP. Map To Answer (Title Song: Answer (JP Vers.))
2020/02/12 | KQ Entertainment, Nippon Columbia

KARD - RED MOON (Title Song: Red Moon) (UPDATED)
2020/02/12 | DSP Entertainment

Pentagon - UNIVERSE: THE BLACK HALL (Title Song: Dr BeBe) (UPDATED)
2020/02/12 | CUBE Entertainment

Batch #5

AB6IX - 5NALLY (Title Song: ???)
2020/02/13 | Brand New Music

MONSTA X - All About Luv. (Title Song: WHO DO YOU LOVE ft. French Montana)
2020/02/14 | Starship Entertainment, Sony Music

Moonbyul - Dark Side of the Moon (Title Song: ????) (NEW)
2020/02/14 | RBW Entertainment

Batch #6
IZ*ONE - BLOOM*IZ (Title Song: Fiesta)
2020/02/17 | Off the Record Entertainment

Dreamcatcher - 1st Album Dystopia: The Tree of Language (Title Song: ???)
2020/02/18 | Dreamcatcher Company

BTS - Map of The Soul: 7 (Title Songs: Black Swan, ????)
2020/02/21 | Big Hit Entertainment

-
TBA
Weki Meki - ??? (Title Song: ????)
2020/02/?? | Fantagio

Any other comebacks that I've missed?

Oct 27, 2017
Kpop ERA's Top 10 B-sides of 2019
1. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up 60 points
Red_Velvet_-_The_ReVe_Festival_Day_1.png

2. Twice - Love Foolish 46 points
Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

3. Blackpink - Don't Know What To Do 42 points
Blackpink_-_Kill_This_Love.png

4. Everglow - Hush 38 points
Everglow-hush.jpg

5. Loona - Curiosity 34 points
XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

6. Dreamcatcher - Silent Night 32 points

7. Loona - Where you at 29 points (won tiebreak)

8. Loona - Satellite 29 points

9. Somi - Outta My Head 23 points

10. Taeyeon - Gravity 17 points

I employed a three mention limit on these since there were quite a few songs that had two mentions that would have cracked the top 10 but I thought it better to push it to a three limit as the amount of entries was lower than our title track submissions.

Thank you everyone for voting and participating!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not mad at that top 5, but people that loved Hush and LOONA overall would've loved EVERGLOW's Moon. Thank you for all the hard work! juicyb

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

Everglow-hush.jpg

XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

I employed a three mention limit on these since there were quite a few songs that had two mentions that would have cracked the top 10 but I thought it better to push it to a three limit as the amount of entries was lower than our title track submissions.

Thanks for your efforts!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

Everglow-hush.jpg

XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

Somi cracking Top10, Outta My Head has been acknowledged, thanks ERA! That Top3 is very solid and I approve of it.
Thanks a lot for the hard work, juicyb, always a pleasure to participate!

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I know this may sound crazy, but I think BVNDIT's Cool is my favorite kpop song of 2020 so far.
Nah, not too crazy. Some will think it's lame cause the lyrics are a little cringe at times, but the same is true for 70% of k-pop songs. It's just more noticeable when it's in English. I love it though. More than what LOONA and Everglow offered us. And more than "Dumb" because that sounded like them trying to be CLC.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Also I think Rocket Punch is going to drop another great single. So far it sounds like it'll be energetic without taking it too far.

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I really like that new BVNDIT song, great video too.

Edit - Looks like this is just a project song to try out new genres and they won't even be promoting it.

Last edited:

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
After giving the Loona EP a few listens, it's a step down from the previous. Worst title song, worst B-sides.

I like it well enough but it's a disappointment

Yeah, I can't disagree with any of this, much as it pains me to say it.

The MV is fantastic though. Especially the shots of that punk Olivia being a badass. So good.

Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

Everglow-hush.jpg

XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

Thanks juicyb. Some really good picks there.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, not too crazy. Some will think it's lame cause the lyrics are a little cringe at times, but the same is true for 70% of k-pop songs. It's just more noticeable when it's in English. I love it though. More than what LOONA and Everglow offered us. And more than "Dumb" because that sounded like them trying to be CLC.

I mean, all girl groups are leaning heavily on girl crush or copying existing groups, I feel like BVNDIT's Cool doesn't do either, which is refreshing enough for me to be my favorite song so far.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Totally. I'm honestly over girl crush right now. I'm ready for the next wave.

I mean, I am saturating a bit as well, but I'm not ready for things to be 2014/2016 all over again, when every single girl group debuting were all doing super similar innocent cutesy concepts with almost nobody doing girl crush at all, and I was just mostly bored to death (save for Oh My Girl). I wished Kpop wasn't so damn big on trends and copying each other so damn much.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for something that's neither girl crush nor cute. Cool is something like that, as well as LOONA's xx was last year.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I am saturating a bit as well, but I'm not ready for things to be 2014/2016 all over again, when every single girl group debuting were all doing super similar innocent cutesy concepts with almost nobody doing girl crush at all, and I was just mostly bored to death (save for Oh My Girl). I wished Kpop wasn't so damn big on trends and copying each other so damn much.
There's a nice balance. Like Weki Meki. They exist in between girl crush and cute. I like to call their concept "Bratty" 😂

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also very not big on Sexy concepts when those are the ones that have the most horror stories tied to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.