• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Where is this Tiki Taka slander!

Apparently nowhere, it was just me misreading things, thankfully, cause I was this close to take my hoops off.

I like it more after seeing this. Damn, they aren't playing:

I thought I'd like it, but I don't. I don't dislike it either, and it might grow on me, but it's not love at first listen like it was for Butterfly, that's for sure. It's mild, and I'm pretty sure that had this song been released by another group, it wouldn't have made a blip on many people's radar.

I also have to squint to see Vivi, and have to be careful not to sneeze whenever it is time for Vivi's line (which is not even a solo line, she's sharing it with Hyunjin who's taking the waaaay bigger portion of the screen and attention here), and I'm honestly feeling so bad for my girl. The only time the MV has solo shots on her, her face is 75% hidden, cool. She's clearly being done dirty here.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yes, it sounds like ITZY, except they're always shout-singing all the time in the same key with barely any variations of melody, and it is therefore much more exhausting to listen to than even Dalla Dalla. The bridge is pretty nice though. But I expected so much more out of this, sigh.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
I dig it. I'm actually surprised how playful it sounds when compared to the teasers putting it in this very dark tone.

I'll say this though that this doesn't really sound like a LOONA track and honestly I wasn't expecting one given with all the delays and problems over the past year. Think a lot of people will criticize the itzy/everglow route they took but I think there is enough in this song to differentiate it from the other two.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Loona's song is just bad. There's so much background noise and the shouting makes the song too repetitive. Maybe the B-sides are better. 🤷‍♂️

February also just started and I'm already getting an overload of Girl Crush songs.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of ITZY as well, and I'm not really a fan of ITZY to begin with. The b-sides are okay. Number 1 is my favorite atm.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
After listening to the album and watching the MV, I gotta say I'm disappointed. Well, IZ*ONE is coming soon enough to wash off this disappointment.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Wow I can't believe the SLANDER... so what isn't fantastic sonically but the choreo + MV is absolutely up there with the best. Also the song is definitely a grower and their most accessible title yet for the GP.
because it's basically typical BG noise pop that everyone seems to be eating up lately

But the rest of the EP is SO damn good, I'm inclined to call it my favourite loona ep despite it having my least favourite title track. Oh (yes I am) is the best kpop song this year period, and has the best production in a kpop song since.. well I can't even remember. Maybe Eung Eung?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also that RP teaser

itzy.png

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I can't believe the SLANDER... so what isn't fantastic sonically but the choreo + MV is absolutely up there with the best. Also the song is definitely a grower and their most accessible title yet for the GP.
because it's basically typical BG noise pop that everyone seems to be eating up lately

But the rest of the EP is SO damn good, I'm inclined to call it my favourite loona ep despite it having my least favourite title track. Oh (yes I am) is the best kpop song this year period, and has the best production in a kpop song since.. well I can't even remember. Maybe Eung Eung?
Oh (yes I am) so far is my favorite off of #. Also the white feathers at the end of the MV, I hope Haseul is able to get things to a point where she can join in on things again.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the new Loona track, it does sound like Itzy. The video itself is fancy though.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Itzy's Dalla Dalla and Nature's Oopsie. Not bad, but I expected something different.
Kinda suffers from the same thing as Everglow's new single. It just tries to go too hard and comes across a little messy at times. We need subtle bops. Something like "Get It" by Pristin V or "BBC" by Everglow. Those songs worked so well because they go hard while showing restraint.

Top Cat

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Top 10 B-sides for 2019

1.(G)I-DLE - For You
2.EXO - Jekyll
3.Red Velvet - In & Out
4.BTS - Home
5.(G)I-DLE - Blow Your Mind
6.Favorite - Fancy
7.Suran - Wander & Flow
8.SOMI - Outta My Head
9.AOA - Sorry
10.BLACKPINK - DDU-DU DDU-DU - Remix

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah, I actually really like So What. Haven't listened to the rest of the EP yet, but I doubt there'll be anything on there that I'll end up disliking.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Where were you when Loona won?

I was sitting at home streaming Sonatine when Lee Soo-man rang

'Loona won'

'Yes'

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone's curiousity needs to be quenched, here is how the b-sides point total is looking so far with roughly 8 hours to go:

1. 55 points
  2. 35 points
  3. 34 points
  4. 30 points
  5. 29 points
  6. 28 points
  7. 26 points
  8. 23 points
  9. 15 points
  10. 13 points
I don't know what to do if we don't get anymore submittals but i'll still post the results of course instead of being hush about it. Where you at KPOP ERA?!

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Just got home and managed to listen to all of [#]. Not a single bad song on the entire EP. I'm going to be bumping this shit all week.

STAN LOONA

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Where you at KPOP ERA?!

Ok, I haven't been big on bsides this year, hence why I didn't think I could pull this off, but I managed the cut.

1. Somi - Outta My Head
  2. Twice - Love Foolish
  3. WJSN - Let's Dance
  4. BlackPink - Don't Know What To Do
  5. Chungha - Chica
  6. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up
  7. Itzy - Cherry
  8. Sulli - On The Moon
  9. Taeyeon - Gravity
  10. CLC - Like It

Made a Youtube playlist out of them, if anybody's interested:
I probably missed songs I've forgotten tbh, but this will have to do anyway.

Last edited:

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
After giving the Loona EP a few listens, it's a step down from the previous. Worst title song, worst B-sides.

I like it well enough but it's a disappointment

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A little late, but here are my top b-sides for 2019:

01. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up!
02. Dreamcatcher - And There Was No One Left
03. TaeYeon - Signal
04. Loona - Colors
05. Everglow - Hush
06. Oh My Girl - Vogue
07. IU - Love Poem
08. APink - Enough
09. CLC - I Need U
10. Twice - Love Foolish
11. Mamamoo - 4x4ever
12. Loona - Satellite
13. Twice - Get Loud
14. Red Velvet - Parade
15. ITZY - It'z Summer

Also, not a fan of "So What" at all... 2020 is not to a good start so far. The MV is great at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.