• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least one good single has been released so far this year. msftz's 2080:

I'm such a sucker for detuned synths (e.g., Eyedi's "& New").

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
The new Jhope track is pretty awesome but I expect nothing less from him and I'm really liking the new Gfriend track a lot.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
They named GFRIEND's new album Labyrinth, their first song on the album is called Labyrinth and their title track is... Crossroads? Dafuq BigHit. Crossroads was forgettable, but let's talk about Labyrinth, shall we? What a great song. I'm getting those early 2000s Dance Pop vibes from those synths. I hope they're gonna promote this song as well as the title track. It deserved to be the title track.

I really liked Eclipse from GFRIEND's latest album too. Upbeat, yet melancholic sounding. It kinda reminded me Sunrise. The ending was way too sudden though. As if they couldn't come up with a decent ending and just decided to stop recording lol.
From Me was also cute. GFRIEND always has great albums.

Oct 27, 2017
The Top 10 B-sides of 2019 list is still very barebones at the moment. Only 5 songs have 3 or more mentions, a few songs with two mentions interspersed, and a ton of 1 off mentions.

If you posted a top 10 b-side with your top 20 of 2019, I have not seen them. Please repost those or direct me to your list.

February 5, 2020 is the last day to submit. EST time.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Listened to all of Everglow's reminiscence today. Nothing really special. No Lie is probably my favorite song on the whole thing.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least one good single has been released so far this year.

Yeah, we know.

The Top 10 B-sides of 2019 list is still very barebones at the moment. Only 5 songs have 3 or more mentions, a few songs with two mentions interspersed, and a ton of 1 off mentions.

If you posted a top 10 b-side with your top 20 of 2019, I have not seen them. Please repost those or direct me to your list.

Damn shame if this doesn't happen. I appreciate the effort anyway.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
i thought "Avarios" was p bad, Dun Dun is way way better than that, but it's still no Bon Bon Chocolat.

Cignature's first song is extremely forgettable.

that Rocket Punch teaser sounds very promising (it's probably too much to hope for more non-yankees baseball merch in the mv tho).

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017

I'll chuck mine up when I get home from work tonight, still a little undecided on the order of 4 of them.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Top 20 b-sides of 2019! This was a really hard list to do because all these songs are amazing.
  1. SuperM - 2 Fast
  2. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up!
  3. LOONA - Curiosity
  4. Apink - What are you doing?
  5. EXO - Ya Ya Ya
  6. EXID - How You Doin'
  7. TWICE - HOT
  8. NCT 127 - FOOL
  9. Luna - Do You Love Me (ft. george)
  10. ITZY - IT'z SUMMER
  11. Red Velvet - La Rouge - Special Track
  12. EXID - The Vibe
  13. IZ*ONE - Highlight
  14. Taemin - Artistic Groove
  15. U-KNOW - Swing (ft. BoA)
  16. (G)I-DLE - Put It Straight
  17. LOONA - Colors
  18. Red Velvet - Ladies Night
  19. Baekhyun - Psycho - Bonus Track
  20. TWICE - RAINBOW
juicyb

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
My Top 7 B-Sides for 2019

1. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up!
2. Loona - Where You At
3. Love X Stereo - Free Fall
4. Everglow - Hush
5. Taeyeon - Gravity
6. Red Velvet - Eyes Locked, Hands Locked
7. (G)I-DLE - What's Your Name

I'm enjoying Here We Are from Gfriend's new EP quite a bit. The verses are pretty forgettable but the chorus really soars.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
mZbKBCu.gif

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017
Well, I guess it's a top 11 for me, though I'm kinda unsure if a few of these actually count. Just ended up basing it off the tracks I've listened to the most, cause there are a hell of a lot of others that I was struggling to rule out too.

1. SOMI - Outta My Head
  2. Twice - 21:29
  3. LOONA - Satellite
  4. Dreamcatcher - And There Was No One Left
  5. LOONA - Curiosity
  6. Twice - Girls Like Us
  7. Twice - Get Loud
  8. Dreamcatcher - The Curse of the Spider
  9. Loona - Where You At
  10. Red Velvet - Eyes Locked, Hands Locked
  11. Red Velvet - Love Is the Way

There are definitely so many more honorable mentions, but I'd totally stress myself out trying to list every single one that I've enjoyed.
Also didn't realise just how GG heavy my normal rotation of tracks actually is. Need to add me some more variety for my commutes.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
I mean nobody can deny it would've ranked much lower if it hadn't come out so late in the year. Recency bias does exist after all

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also, I don't like this Tiki-Taka slander. Weki Meki delivered THE K-pop anthem of Summer 2019, that's a truly great song, and I'll die on this hill happily defending this fact.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Top 20 b-sides of 2019! This was a really hard list to do because all these songs are amazing.
  1. SuperM - 2 Fast
  2. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up!
  3. LOONA - Curiosity
  4. Apink - What are you doing?
  5. EXO - Ya Ya Ya
  6. EXID - How You Doin'
  7. TWICE - HOT
  8. NCT 127 - FOOL
  9. Luna - Do You Love Me (ft. george)
  10. ITZY - IT'z SUMMER
  11. Red Velvet - La Rouge - Special Track
  12. EXID - The Vibe
  13. IZ*ONE - Highlight
  14. Taemin - Artistic Groove
  15. U-KNOW - Swing (ft. BoA)
  16. (G)I-DLE - Put It Straight
  17. LOONA - Colors
  18. Red Velvet - Ladies Night
  19. Baekhyun - Psycho - Bonus Track
  20. TWICE - RAINBOW
Wow okay taste... is there still time to vote?

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Here's my b-side list if it's not too late!!

1. LOONA - curiosity
  2. Twice - Love Foolish
  3. LOONA - Colors
  4. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up!
  5. Twice - Hot
  6. Blackpink - Dont Know What To Do
  7. LOONA - Satellite
  8. Twice - Trick It
  9. Red Velvet - In n Out
  10. Apink - What Are You Doing?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The intro # is great, albeit when that teaser dropped I really was hoping they would not waste this cool and dark EDM beat on the intro. Oh well.

So What is a grower, sounded kinda weak from the preview but I'm digging it. Great bassline, fun enough chorus, excellent vocal compositions. This is why I listen to LOONA. Oh, and the video is amazing.

Song number 3 is Number 1 for some reason: a straight-up time machine power ballad from the year 2000, as if it were made by LIZ or something. Not generally my style but catchy. 2nd listen I'm already finding myself singing to the chorus. Grower.

Oh (Yes I Am) feels like a mixture between LOONA's trademark hooks and the more minimalistic bit-like soundscape of Yasutaka Nakata. Not overly memorable but very pleasant.

Despite the title, Ding Ding Dong has nothing to do with Gunther's viral song about touching his tralala. I like the change of pace of a more energetic and upbeat track, again not overly remarkable but very enjoyable with some great vocal parts.

And we end on 365, a song we knew pretty well by now. This sort of ballad just never really excited me much, and while the chorus feels fairly powerful and empowering, it's a mostly par for the course and generic ballad like you've heard a million times in Asian pop.

I'll definitely need more listens. The teasers made me hope for a more energetic and dark EP, so it's disappointing that there's only one real song which delivers that. Still, the B-sides are enjoyable if not overly original, and I can definitely see myself revisit this EP fairly often in the next weeks. For now I'd put it below the previous 2 EPs, but I like it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.