• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you're going to falsely accuse anyone of a very serious crime, can't you just...oh, I don't know, take 5-10 minutes to go through your accounts and pre-delete any tweets that might COMPLETELY CONTRADICT you claims?

Like, this is fucking amateur hour...

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
mJguL8l.png

Yea, they nuked their account after the receipts were brought forward.

The tweets people dug up about Kadie, as shown in this thread and on twitter, are wild though.
Her tweets are...definitely wild.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, if you're going to falsely accuse anyone of a very serious crime, can't you just...oh, I don't know, take 5-10 minutes to go through your accounts and pre-delete any tweets that might COMPLETELY CONTRADICT you claims?

Like, this is fucking amateur hour...
Yeah, she's got some really interesting ones. There are tweets from after the alleged date of assault with verbiage like 'when we meet' and pleads for him to basically do to her what she is initially accusing him of.

Really strange. I won't dismiss her because of the severity of the claim and all claims should at least taken seriously but if she lied about this, then she might have fucked herself royally, same with the other accuser.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The thing that hurts BelieveWomen as much as fake accusations is the people immediately rushing to call the accused a rapist 3 minutes after the accusation is out. There would be no setback to the cause if people actually followed the proper procedure, which is to investigate the accusation, and then make the best judgement we can based on the information obtained. Instead, we choose to immediately call the accused a rapist, ban those who suggest to let the investigative process play out, and then complain about how the MeToo movement is set back from a false accusation after twisting the meaning of it to be something it's not.

I have very strong opinions about jumping the gun on cases like this, one of my best friends was falsely accused of sexual harrasment at work, fortunately there were cameras everywhere and it was proven without a doubt that he was innocent.

BUT the company didn't take action against her.
she almost ruined my friends marriage and life in general, later we found out she was about to be fired for low performance, somehow she knew about this and accused my friend to keep her job, she actually is still working there.

Wod you really ruin a person's life without Due process and evidence? There were people asking for blood in the first few posts, should we even allow this?

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand why people fake traumatic events like this?

You get momentary 'notoriety' but it comes at the cost of being embroiled in a massive controversy with people messaging you death threats, and your name dragged through the mud. And if you're lying there's a good chance your case eventually falls apart.

Do these people just not think for literally 10 seconds before making these life ruining decisions? So incredibly dumb, evil, and selfish.

This is a great fcking statement after being falsely accused of rape, ngl.

Still need details on the other accusation, but let this be another reminder to chill with the "I knew he was a piece of shit!" talk. It's always premature and self-serving.

Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Justin is smarter than I thought. I don't understand why anyone in this day and age would falsely accuse someone of a crime. Let alone someone so famous. You're guaranteed to get dragged through the mud if your lies get found out. I wonder why she did it.

Is the other women's story still intact?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always hated Bieber, but yeah if he has proof that these allegations are false then there should be consequences for those false claims.

False claims make it harder for real victims seeking justice!

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Really have to appreciate the smugness on the first page over "hurr hurr wAiT aNd SeE." It didn't even take twenty-four hours for one story to be contradicted.

Taking these claims seriously does not mean "guilty until proven innocent." I understand on a forum like this the stakes are considerably lower than you know, the US legal system, but still.

That being said, there were two accusations right? He disproved the one pretty definitively.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Man, twitter sure jumped the gun
Though the other story though...can't say he's in the clear 100%

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Youre right. Death to all who have accusations thrown against them!

I'm not for rape or assault or sexual assault but on this forum if anyone is accused of anything theyre automatically guilty. Which is a joke.

Who knows the %, but I would say a large majority of accusations turn out true, and hopefully the offenders get punished accordingly.

But I do not automatically assume someone is guilty because of an accusation. If it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then yeah, fuck them.

This ban has not aged well

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I always hated Bieber, but yeah if he has proof that these allegations are false then there should be consequences for those false claims.

False claims make it harder for real victims seeking justice!

This is almost exactly how I feel. As someone who has been sexually assaulted myself, it kills me when people lie about it.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why it's impossible to not assume that an accuser is lying, while also not assuming that the accused is a rapist.

They actually aren't mutually exclusive thoughts to have.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That ban looks really bad. A simple policy to allow the accused to put out a statement before banning folks not talking accusations at face value would avoid this.

Bieber didn't just deny, he brought evidence.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
But I mean if you can prove you weren't where they say the rape went down, isn't that kind of exonerating?
I meant when the accusation first surfaces and everyone needs to rush to provide their take. In this case, people who didn't assume anything got to wait until Justin provided receipts.

Oct 25, 2017
Why delete any emails? My Gmail storage is nearly limitless.

Yep. I only delete useless promotional emails and stuff to make scanning my inbox simpler. Everything else stays.

Apropos of this, though, makes me think that it's probably always a good idea to send an email receipt when I have the opportunity. Never know when you need an alibi sometimes...

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They def need to be prosecuted to be made an example of, you dont play around with these kind of accusation, even if you tryna get a quick come up. Shit can ruin people if falsly accused and takes away the light from real victims.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
re: that ban

So what happens the next time someone makes a thread about accusations? How are these going to be handled?

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not for rape or assault or sexual assault but on this forum if anyone is accused of anything theyre automatically guilty. Which is a joke.

Who knows the %, but I would say a large majority of accusations turn out true, and hopefully the offenders get punished accordingly.

But I do not automatically assume someone is guilty because of an accusation. If it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then yeah, fuck them.
This ban has not aged well
Didn't even say anything controversial either.
Yeah I am with Anustart on this one. Yes, it is important to take every accusation of sexual assault seriously and we should believe every women when she makes such an accusation. But that still does not mean and should never mean that we go ahead and crucify the accused right away. What it should mean is that a thorough investigation should be done and we should make every women and men comfortable with coming forward as soon as an assault happens. It is always better to wait for the story to unfold.

That ban should be reversed.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, as people anticipated we learned nothing from Tara Reade. People need to learn that taking accusations seriously doesn't mean automatically taking sides and calling for blood. It means actually taking accusations seriously and demanding some kind of investigation take place, some gathering of evidence to corroborate before passing judgment.

You can't just go from 0-11 every single fucking time.

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory rhetoric on a sensitive topic
This thread is a classic example of why the expression "believe women" is nonsense.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
re: that ban

So what happens the next time someone makes a thread about accusations? How are these going to be handled?
If ppl want to believe accusations at face value that's there business. What I don't get is jumping on others that demand more evidence.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Yeah I am with Anustart on this one. Yes, it is important to take every accusation of sexual assault seriously and we should believe every women when she makes such an accusation. But that still does not mean and should never mean that we go ahead and crucify the accused right away. It is always better to wait for the story to unfold.

That ban should be reversed.

to be fair he seemed to be saying he wanted to believe, but there was contradictory information.

Are we seriously not allowed to point out stuff like that?

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
You guys should read the Tara Reade thread if you're wondering how admins feel about rape accusations.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Justin is smarter than I thought. I don't understand why anyone in this day and age would falsely accuse someone of a crime. Let alone someone so famous. You're guaranteed to get dragged through the mud if your lies get found out. I wonder why she did it.

Uh what? Tryna get a quick come up obviously. Why else do it?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
That ban is disappointing. You'd think the mods wouldn't be so trigger happy after the Tara Reade situation. But it looks like nothing was learned at all.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not sure why take accusations seriously but investigate as much as possible is so bad vs blindly agreeing with and condemning immediately when it comes to stuff like this. As long as things are taken seriously and respectfully, go with that. But that shouldn't have to mean automatic acceptance of accusations.

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
What about the one with Danielle? The Kadie one always looked suspect based on her old tweets (the poster on the first page getting banned for 3 months for raising reasonable suspicions of it is beyond ridiculous btw). The Danielle account was the original and it seemed legit. Kadie shared her story afterward. Am I missing something here?

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
For what it's worth, I always side with the victim.

I don't like Bieber, I think he's behaved like an asshole frequently.

Editing out my idiotic comment. Sorry again. This stuff hits close to home for me

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

In what galaxy is this ban worthy? It's like nothing was learned from Tara Reade or the Depp situation

Status
Not open for further replies.