• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockTiddies

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pray that if my significant other cuts off a part of my finger, shits in my bed and makes a hoopla about it in public, tries to ruin my reputation and livelihood with falsities, that I won't write some anger fueled texts!

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. Now they're trying to discredit the audio?

You mean theWilliam Shatner clips were doctored too!?

nsfw audio

Have... You heard the audio in those tweets?

I feel the situation is quite a bit more complicated that people is willing to think about it. And certainly pains a different scenario of the one depicted in the 'leaked' audios.

This will be long trial and after hearing those clips I'm gonna sidestep until we have the full picture.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Have... You heard the audio in those tweets?

I feel the situation is quite a bit more complicated that people is willing to think about it. And certainly pains a different scenario of the one depicted in the 'leaked' audios.

This will be long trial and after hearing those clips I'm gonna sidestep until we have the full picture.
It's just the same audio of her gaslighting Johnny and stating she cannot be an abuser because she's the woman.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just the same audio of her gaslighting Johnny and stating she cannot be an abuser because she's the woman.

The whole 'she admitted she lied' when she says the contrary in one of those audios... For example.

Recalling episodes of fearing for her death...

But if you already see it that clear, I'm not going to change your mind.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The whole 'she admitted she lied' when she says the contrary in one of those audios... For example.

Recalling episodes of fearing for her death...

But if you already see it that clear, I'm not going to change your mind.
She said the same things on the previous audio regarding "fearing for her death" because Johnny is a man and it seems he tried to defend himself from her attacks which left HIM with a devolved finger and other wounds and no actual verifiable harm to her?

Sorry, but no.

Oct 30, 2017
Even 14k posters need a warning. That post was the epitome of drive-by shitposting.

OT: Entire situation is such a mess, both inside and outside the relationship.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She said the same things on the previous audio regarding "fearing for her death" because Johnny is a man and it seems he tried to defend himself from her attacks which left HIM with a devolved finger and other wounds and no actual verifiable harm to her?

Sorry, but no.

She recalls an episode of having sings of an assault, not calling the police for him and he never denies this.

Again, have you heard those clips? I'm not defending what amber did. I just not sure how people have that clear the whole thing.

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
It's worth mentioning that the court had access to 70,000 text messages, and this venting to a friend was the worst thing they found.

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of those situations where I think it's best to back away from the celebrity gossip and let the lawyer's present their cases. All the public is going to do is intimidate both sides in different ways and complicate the procedure. The extend of both of their faults are unknown, so before taking any hardline positions on either of these people, or using the latest evidence of guilt to absolve the other party, it's best we just remain patient. The only thing that is clear right now is that these are both deeply flawed and problematic people, so if that affects what content they participate that you want to consume then so be it. That being said, this doesn't mean we have to plug our ears to the information coming out about the case. But then again, this is the internet...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those situations where I think it's best to back away from the celebrity gossip and let the lawyer's present their cases. All the public is going to do is intimidate both sides in different ways and complicate the procedure. The extend of both of their faults are unknown, so before taking any hardline positions on either of these people, or using the latest evidence of guilt to absolve the other party, it's best we just remain patient. The only thing that is clear right now is that these are both deeply flawed and problematic people, so if that affects what content they participate that you want to consume then so be it. That being said, this doesn't mean we have to plug our ears to the information coming out about the case. But then again, this is the internet...
I think it's more than clear amber is an abuser and that it's sickening how she attempted to spin that. It might very well be true that Johnny's behaviours need addressing too, but we have more than enough evidence to see how her manipulation of #metoo needs to be addressed imo, and that this is another example of male abuse victims being ignored.

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
Yeh I figured you would be :p

I was saying that for the benefit of everyone, really. I see people make the assumption all the time as I'm sure you do too.

More than I'm happy with tbh, but baby steps ;)

Mainly in Era, I get side-eyed for the Papa in my username from people auto-assuming I'm male. Weirdly, though, no one assumes I'm also Satan.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
This woman is evil. I think this will end her career, there are at least 3 separate victims now.

Almost no mainstream news outlets are covering this. The Daily Mail is about the only thing giving out consistent news articles on this story.

I honestly don't think anything will come out of it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
More audio is out but is from crappy mail how annoying, no one really else is reporting on this. The audio is out there but the source is shitty sigh

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
More audio is out but is from crappy mail how annoying, no one really else is reporting on this. The audio is out there but the source is shitty sigh

popculture.com

Amber Heard Slams Door Into Johnny Depp's Head, 'Punches' Him 'in the Jaw' as Detailed in Explosive Audio

Amber Heard and Johnny Depp's ongoing legal turmoil continues to reveal alleged details behind [...]
Oh the technicality of a strike. Because of poor form and execution it can't be considered a jab to the face....just a Blunt blow to the head. Plus because she is a girl and he is a guy there is no possible way judging by stereotypes that he could have been hurt or experienced any sort of pain.

Sorry but this girl obviously nuts. She needs to be recorded with video next time she attacks someone and be sat down by licensed professionals and that can pause and rewind and replay the strike over and over again and explain to her

"You can't do that, that's assault"

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
It really sucks. That makes it hard to get the information out in a place like this when sometimes they are a primary source, and not everyone in the US is aware of their tabloid status elsewhere.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Depp's $50M Defamation Case Lives On As Amber Heard's Dismissal Desire Denied

EXCLUSIVE updated with statement from Depp's rep:
With his legal action against a Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid on hold in the UK due to coronavirus lockdowns, Johnny Depp on Friday saw Amber Heard's move to effectively steamroll Depp's $50 million defamation suit against her hit a significant judicial roadblock.

"Defendant's Demurrer is sustained as to the fourth statement listed above, but it is overruled as to the other three statements," wrote Fairfax (VA) County Chief Judge Bruce White on Friday in a lengthy opinion letter (read it here) to lawyers on both sides of the personal and messy battle. "Further, Defendant's Plea in Bar regarding the statute of limitations is denied. Counsel shall prepare an Order reflecting the Court's ruling and forward that Order to the Court for entry," the Virginia state judge added, noting the trio of statements by Heard distinctly implied that Depp had abused her, as she has claimed in the past.
deadline.com

Johnny Depp’s $50M Defamation Case Lives On As Amber Heard’s Dismissal Desire Denied

EXCLU: The extremely personal & messy lawsuit between the Pirates star & the Justice League actress will continue, says judge

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
What a horrible story. I feel so bad for him. What an absolute nightmare. I hope her career is over.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think what's killing me is how Amber Heard and The Sun fought their hardest to have all the evidence kept private and not made public.
"It would damage the reputation of my client" well no shit.

Which is probably Depp's endgame as it's hard to win defamation lawsuits in cases like this. At least his evidence and testimonies will all be public.

The fact they showed Amber Heard lying to the police and the police calling her out which led to charges being dropped as well as the domestic violence lawsuit being dismissed with prejudice (can never be refiled) is telling enough honestly.

But you can always lose defamation on a technicality.

I'm still happy her demurrer was entirely rejected and her 4 attempts at dismissal were refused. They had passed strict laws in virginia to prevent "non legitimate lawsuits" and the washington post writer that helped Amber was saying the case would be thrown out =) . He's been silent of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.