• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
People generally don't even have any self awareness in their day to day lives
Like, I tuned out The Last of Us 2 stuff, but what really stood out to me was so called "good" progressive people shitting on Druckmann in ways that went waaay over the line, but it's okay when they do it apparently because they're "punching up". Shitty is shitty regardless of your place unless the person is actively hurting others.

For this, I easily think Zack overreacted, but I'm not gonna call him an asshole for it, it's just clear insecurity and can easily be left as that. No reason to pile on.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
And people like Fiona don't love these characters? Difference in taste or intreptation of characters is still no reason to be shitty it is just a rationalization.

No idea who Fiona is but if she is a fan of Snyder than we disagree. 🤷‍♂️

I still don't see how I'm being shitty by stating my opinion of the mans work and ability.

Enjoy your Justice League, sincerely. Hopefully someday I'll get a version I can enjoy.

Last edited:

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping after announcing on HBO Max that they would break this up into sections. Brilliant idea.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh I see, so it's because movies with bad scores are objectively terrible and anyone who thinks they're good must be delusional or something. They have to admit they like trash, that's how movie opinions work.
I mean that is how scores work.
If the majority of people think a movie is bad, it's objectively not good.
It's okay to like bad things, just say you like it and move on.

From your response you sound like a Snyder Stan. No you are not delusional. It's okay to like a shit director. Stop the mental gymnastics trying to explain his way his faults and trying to convince others that everyone except his fans are secretly dumb for not appreciating his secret genius

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
BvS was always a 3-hour film. It was edited down for theater. JLA was always a 3,5-hour film. It was then edited down for theater and much much more. There can´t be more than 20 min of Snyder footage in the 2017 release outside of it not being presented as intended on top of that. Something between 15 and 20 min. Read the DCEU topic where I linked to extensive breakdowns.

214 min was the magic number before November 2019 as he can now do some additional work. It's thus a bit longer. Snyder also got more than 30 milion $ to work on TSC but isn´t getting payed himself to keep cost down.
EgC0YK7XoAA8uzC.png

That was DeSaad in the middle of the trailer. Not Darkseid.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see, so it's because movies with bad scores are objectively terrible and anyone who thinks they're good must be delusional or something. They have to admit they like trash, that's how movie opinions work.
scores are an abstraction to represent a general opinion on something. id also imagine you are aware that liking something a lot doesn't negate objective failures and missteps of something, correct?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever read.
You have never heard of something being so bad it's good? Or have never known something is bad but still enjoy it anyways. Like I enjoy a bunch of the CW shows. I know they are trash tv with bad directing and writing but the ridiculousness of it it's enjoyable.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Does Scott and Zack have a rivalry? Having two quotes having the same two people seems odd.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Choice of music SUCKED, however the actual trailer looked GREAT. Loved the new footage, I'm actually excited to watch this.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
scores are an abstraction to represent a general opinion on something. id also imagine you are aware that liking something a lot doesn't negate objective failures and missteps of something, correct?
A general opinion is still an opinion. I understand how an informed opinion can bring up perfectly valid criticism and mistakes, but the judgement of whether a movie is good or "trash" is still subjective unless we're talking about something that completely falls apart at a technical level like a game that doesn't even run properly or crashes. And no Snyder movie objectively fails at cinematography, audio editing, or at telling a story etc. You can easily argue the choices in these aspects, and whether or not the way the story is told works for you, but you'll have a hard time convincing me that his character/tone choices are "objective" failures.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
4 time 1 hour parts?

Uff... I don't know if that will work. It has to be made for this to work.... And then it won't work as movie anymore.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea who Fiona is but if she if she is a fan of Snyder than we disagree. 🤷‍♂️

I still don't see how I'm being shitty by stating my opinion of the mans work and ability.

Enjoy your Justice League, sincerely. Hopefully someday I'll get a version I can enjoy.

There's this weird insistence from some of these fans that we all know what the fuck they are obsessed with. Like people keep bringing up this Fiona person like anyone that's not super into this stuff even has a clue what they are talking about.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A general opinion is still an opinion. I understand how an informed opinion can bring up perfectly valid criticism and mistakes, but the judgement of whether a movie is good or "trash" is still subjective unless we're talking about something that completely falls apart at a technical level like a game that doesn't even run properly or crashes. And no Snyder movie objectively fails at cinematography, audio editing, or at telling a story etc. You can easily argue the choices in these aspects, and whether or not the way the story is told works for you, but you'll have a hard time convincing me that his character/tone choices are "objective" failures.
Objectively he is an awful story teller. Objectively he is terrible at pacing. Objectively he is a terrible writer.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Zack told him to act like he was ice skating through the speed force.
Is it bad that I kind of like it? Its a little more exaggerated which isn't a bad thing.

Choice of music SUCKED, however the actual trailer looked GREAT. Loved the new footage, I'm actually excited to watch this.
Are you mad? The music made the trailer more epic.

I was (and still am) super skeptical of this whole thing but that trailer had me hyped.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna touch the other stuff going on.

But that trailer is Vegeta Blink 182 levels of terrible.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Snyder has always been like this. I remember there was something about Terry Gilliam's proposed Watchmen script, and said he was so disgusted with it, and he was here to save comic book movies from adaptations like that or something like that. And it's like, dude, shut up lol.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Snyder has always been convinced that he's making something profound (when he's literally making agonizingly edgy shlock on the level of an Evanescence abum) and his religious wank continues with the music choice in the trailer. Just a big ol' eyeroll from me.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Because Barry didn't spend years training at the track, he got doused with chemicals and struck by lightning that lets him tap into magic that makes him go fast.
I know. I'm not talking about professional runners. I'm talking about anyone. I have never seen a real person run like that. Like some dude trying to catch a bus doesn't run like that