• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 28, 2018
No it's not. No professional would care about arbitrary promotional release schedules for a trailer being slightly broken. That shit is just part of the money-making plan, why should it determine when a journalist covers footage that is out there.

Lol. This is a huge fan event and the director is having a panel on his own movie, that he's fought for the past 3 years to have released properly. This is for the fans and it's completely free to attend.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

this is almost "Macklemore is the first mainstream rapper in years to actually have something to say" level, holy shit

Y'all will spin anything just to paint Snyder in a bad light... 🙄

How is he talking shit about JLU????

"some are playfully pointing out that Snyder's tweet indirectly insults this or that cartoon, going to throw on blinders and pretend that's really the main problem people have with his very dumb tweet!"

incredible

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Lol. This is a huge fan event and the director is having a panel on his own movie, that he's fought for the past 3 years to have released properly. This is for the fans and it's completely free to attend.

The specific release of the trailer is of course part of a promotional strategy. And any good journalist would not care about that when the trailer is out there. The suggestion that it's unprofessional for a journalist to comment on anything leaked is hysterical.

Neo Ankh

Oct 12, 2019
Snyder is still a trailer god. Looks so much better even in this teaser. I will subscribe to HBO Max for this. Just removing the bad cgi mustache and shoehorned marvel humor will make this movie a million times better to me.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Said it in the other thread but someone needs to explain to Snyder and his team how weight works, because everything from Cyborg to flying cars looks like they weigh about as much as a field mouse.
Not seeing that from this trailer. Outside of Cyborg body blocking the large military vehicle where was weight missing? Also that's nothing worse than what exists 100 times over in the Marvelverse. At least in the DC universe the superheros seems to be on a completely different spectrum of power levels.

I look at it this way, I can take a matchbox cars and instantly fling it across the room in the same way they can a real car. I understand my weight/mass in relation to the matchbox car's has a massive influence in that as much as my strength. But if weight was the issue here then all super hero movies instantly become broken. You suspend that part and just assume strength is the reason why Superman can Chuck a real car further than I could a matchbox (or how cyborg can stop one), not because he weighs 10000 times more than it does. When you add flight to the equation it becomes even more silly when you consider weight, gravity, momentum, inertia, etc.

Also I think Snyder is much better at making superheroes feel like the unbelievable forces of nature they are. Man of steel was the first movie to make me go "holy shit" and really be in awe of Superman, like we're supposed to be. The speed, scale, strength, fights...those were not humans

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really good.

But Snyder's trailers ALWAYS look good. They convinced me to buy tickets to both Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman.

I remain unconvinced, but as a trailer, it is pretty good.

I have not seen the original.

Oct 26, 2017
Why is anyone surprised at Snyder's quote regarding JLU? This is the same guy that said this about comic books:

AVWb2oJrXCtQAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

2c4.png

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Not seeing that from this trailer. Outside of Cyborg body blocking the large military vehicle where was weight missing? Also that's nothing worse than what exists 100 times over in the Marvelverse. At least in the DC universe the superheros seems to be on a completely different spectrum of power levels.

I look at it this way, I can take a matchbox cars and instantly fling it across the room in the same way they can. I understand my weight/mass in relation to the matchbox car's has a massive influence in that as much as my strength but if weight was the issue here then all super hero movies instantly become broken. You suspend that part and just assume strength is the reason why Superman can Chuck a real car further than I could a matchbox, not because he weighs 10000 times more than it does.
Honestly you might well be right, and maybe it's literally just my brain not being able to comprehend something being able to move like that, but everything just looks like its ping ponging off things. Like Supermans flight in MoS felt like it had serious power and weight to it, where as alot of this just looks flat to me.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I dislike all of Zack Snyder's movies and this looks like a Zack Snyder movie, plus the whole development just doesn't inspire confidence.
I admint I haven't watched Justice League since after BvS I decided to never waste my time again with the DCEU. Can't say if it's going to be better than the original. It will surely have 900% more slow-mo scenes, weird editing and lifeless protagonists.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Honestly you might well be right, and maybe it's literally just my brain not being able to comprehend something being able to move like that, but everything just looks like its ping ponging off things. Like Supermans flight in MoS felt like it had serious power and weight to it, where as alot of this just looks flat to me.
In the theatrical cut of JL, there's a scene with Cyborg (first time we see him in his hoodie) where he's talking to his dad in the kitchen and he drags his hand across the counter. I actually noticed straight away the weight and feeling of his metal fingers on sliding across the top. I dunno if that was a Zack or Joss scene, but they nailed the weight/sound.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Wow the hate for Snyder is real.
I still think it will be a bad movie because the production forced to change the writing and direction before the shooting started but I'm happy that he get to finish his movie his way, especially after what he went through. The cast seems to be supportive as well and I'm happy for them to. Warner fucking up Justice League had more impact on the cast and crew morale than on the greedy bastards at the top.
To me zack's tweet reply shows that he is very enthusiast about what they are doing, not especially cocky. Good for those who worked on JL.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

I definitely agree with you. MoS definitely did it better. Though when weight in movies is done right it can make them soooo much better. I.e. Pacific Rim was sooo good because you could feel the weight of every punch and fight. Part two they completely went apeshit on over the top fights throwing all laws of physics completely out the window and it was just corney.
MoS somehow managed to find a balance of weight and awesome power

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
Snyder's idea of a grown up movie is having Batman being raped in prison, for reference.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
No it isn't - thats such a balant misquote lol

«Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan's] Batman Begins. "Batman's dark." I'm like, okay, "No, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go. »

My bad, he said « dark » and not « grown up". Changes everything.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
What's the forum equivalent to sub-tweeting, because thats the DCEU community thread to this one atm, lol.

Hiya fellas!

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
«Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan's] Batman Begins. "Batman's dark." I'm like, okay, "No, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go. »

Nah you're really taking that out of the articles context.

The whole article is him saying that people call his movies dark, but he doesn't actually think his movies are that dark. In his mind, that's what a dark movie actually would be.

I suggest you actually read that article

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For a second I thought that Tweet was Scott Menville (Robin from Teen Titans) and Snyder was going for a low blow.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zack is constantly and continuously being shit on by "critics" and other people alike. He finally claps back at someone and he's a baby? Wtf lol. Good on him.
When you're defending your own creation from criticism you look like a parent swearing that their child is perfect and amazing.
You may even be right, but you still look like a stuck up asshole.

There's a reason you don't see many artists reply to criticism unprompted, even if it's shit criticism. It doesn't make you look good.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, substitute "dark" for "mature" and you know the level of discourse Snyder is engaging in here.

In a gaming/geek forum, we know exactly how "dark and edgy" are the teenage interpretation of "mature" in these mediums and have been for decades.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
never heard of this Zack Snyder guy but he seems like a douchebag and one of the shittiest people.

Any other 10 year old quotes people can post for me?

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
If you have to say your film is for adults, it's probably not really very adult to begin with, as in mature