• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's pretty incredible that Zach Snyder would let a trailer this mediocre be the first impression for this cut. Like I get it - he's got limited footage to work with right now, and is under remote conditions. But this just feels like a highlight reel of stuff that you absolutely expected to have been trimmed out of his notoriously long cut of the film. It completely lacks the grander adrenaline peaks you come to expect of his trailer work.

As a Comic-Con reel (which this technically is) - it's fine. But as the first impression the general audience has to the project? I don't think it's hooking anyone who wasn't already onboard.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's been long enough since I've seen a Snyder movie that I've forgotten how much of a mess they are and am willing to be burned again based on a pretty cool looking trailer.

But I mean, ultimately I liked BvS a lot more than JL, because the latter was just a lot more interesting than the former, despite being equally bad. So maybe I'll enjoy this more. On the other hand, I've never seen a Snyder movie that didn't feel interminably slow even when constrained to 2-3 hours, so a 4+ hour miniseries (or whatever the final product ends up being) sounds brutal.

Either way though, I hope it does well and encourages more studio films to get director's cuts, because it never hurts to have alternate takes on the material.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
This trailer was hilarious with that music choice. Havent seen the original Justice League, so all the footage here just looked like more of the same.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I had any doubts, but it looks incredible.

The only negative comment I can have is the CGI during the knightmare sequence. It was a little rough.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I hear another shitty Hallelujah cover I think about this video

That aside, the footage looks amazing. Can't wait to see this. Snyder's movies aren't masterpieces, but are always orgasmically good to watch.
maxresdefault.jpg

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
wbeOLoD.png

hvXkGEY.png

I hated the theatrical version's Steppenwolf design. The Syndercut one seems much closer to the BvS design and looks much better.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Weird song choice, but looks different enough to be worth watching again at least to see if it's any better than the original version.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's pretty incredible that Zach Snyder would let a trailer this mediocre be the first impression for this cut. Like I get it - he's got limited footage to work with right now, and is under remote conditions. But this just feels like a highlight reel of stuff that you absolutely expected to have been trimmed out of his notoriously long cut of the film. It completely lacks the grander adrenaline peaks you come to expect of his trailer work.

As a Comic-Con reel (which this technically is) - it's fine. But as the first impression the general audience has to the project? I don't think it's hooking anyone who wasn't already onboard.

I mean, that's essentially what this movie is lol

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It becomes harder and harder to believe the narrative that was pushed at the time of his departure when you realize just how much of the film was scrapped. At least he gets to put out his version of the film whether its good or bad instead of having to live with the cut they released under his name.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
It becomes harder and harder to believe the narrative that was pushed at the time of his departure when you realize just how much of the film was scrapped. At least he gets to put out his version of the film whether its good or bad instead of having to live with the cut they released under his name.

it's the daughter thing plus WB wanting a more MCU like movie after the BvS reaction

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a good trailer. And if the final product keeps that aspect ratio, thats an interesting design choice for sure.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The truth is somewhere in between most likely. He needed to step away, but WB was pressuring him to change things which didnt help, and then took advantage of the situation to get someone to basically redo his movie into what they wanted.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many cool scenes that just got removed from the theatrical cut.

WHY ?
Why remove back story ? Why remove all the superman scenes ? The Clark lois Martha scenes ?

Insane.

It looks like a different film.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales

I imagine this one will stay around longer than the YT ones.

Also I had to search on Twitter for this mirror and it's hilarious to me how many people seem angry that it leaked and that some nut jobs are accusing WB of leaking it to sabotage Snyder's films.