• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Imma be honest. I know that people hate Whedon's Justice League but I love his portrayal of Superman's character. He actually felt like Superman to me for the first time since the DCEU began.

Still watching the Snyder Cut to give it a chance but I'm sad that we're probably losing that Superman.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why, but despite not liking MoS or BvS, I'm actually looking forward to this

I think the two-part plan was changed in production due to negative response to BvS. So the Justice League that Snyder was filming and never finished is a more self-contained movie than what he'd originally planned before production.
So like is there an hour or so of Darkseid footage cause if there isn't... no this was not self-contained

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's not even remotely the same scenario.

I disagree. It's exactly the same thing. A director's cut of a horrible movie.

If the director had a history that would lead people to believe he had a "vision" that was compromised, that would be different.

But Batman v Superman was already a Snyder cut. Sucker Punch was already a Snyder cut.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Imma be honest. I know that people hate Whedon's Justice League but I love his portrayal of Superman's character. He actually felt like Superman to me for the first time since the DCEU began.

Still watching the Snyder Cut to give it a chance but I'm sad that we're probably losing that Superman.

As distracting as the mustache removal is, the cell phone footage of Superman is the first time in the DCEU where Superman actually feels like Superman.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I expected something resembling a trailer cut from original "Snyder Cut" scenes and alternate takes.

With all the "Snyder Cut" talk about a full movie that was practically finished, you'd think they'd have something more to share at this point even if they had to finish or redo some effects.

The Snyder cut was never a full movie that was practically finished. That's why it's costing 30 million and several more months. There was no Snyder Cut until DC decided to make one.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos

If the director had a history that would lead people to believe he had a "vision" that was compromised, that would be different.

But Batman v Superman was already a Snyder cut. Sucker Punch was already a Snyder cut.
And some people liked those and want more. They're gonna be happy, you just have to ignore it if you think it's trash.

Oct 25, 2017

With the new benefit of hindsight for this cut he may end up keeping whatever worked about the first cut, and hopefully that means superman still gets to smile

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
im honestly expecting a new, all-CG finale with a bunch of dubbed over dialog with very little connective tissue that makes the movie feel organic. and it will either look complete doggy doo or it will look great, but it's still gonna be a trainwreck.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Really happy this will finally come to a close. Zach's a shit-A director and it's damning that his best film is also his first (the extremely okay & just slightly above average Dawn of the Dead remake). Stop giving this man so much focus! If you're going to celebrate a mediocre director getting another shot, go give it to Paul WS Anderson and let him take another crack at Event Horizon -- at least the foundation of that movie isn't an incomprehensibly tragic 60 car pile-up of subpar cinema.

Just kidding, please don't.

Deleted member 63846

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Kind of looking forward to this, despite believing it would never happen. The only time this thing ever happened I believe is with the Donner Cut of Superman II. And that was much better than the original, so who knows.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017

It's not the same thing. Come on. Right or wrong, WB gave this man three movies to do his thing but he only ended up doing 2.5. Let him finish his work and please those who are curious enough to see it.

Catwoman is one movie. It went through development hell but ended up being shot by one director. There were no major reshoots. Nobody's daughter committed suicide. And nobody ever asked for another cut of the film. So no it's not the same.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's not the same thing. Come on. Right or wrong, WB gave this man three movies to do his thing but he only ended up doing 2.5. Let him finish his work and please those who are curious enough to see it.

Let him finish? No one is stopping him.

But considering the quality of the films, which is overwhelmingly looked at as bad, it's silly to expect that people will leave negative thoughts out of threads on the topic.

GenericUser

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
Darkseid and Justice League will have a battle over Zoom. It'll be considered another revolutionary move by Snyder

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Claws away dear, I read the comics so I end up watching every DC movie that comes out, even the bad ones so far that he's done, so I'm de-facto interested. Starting the trailer with an almost universally disliked character is just a baffling choice.
You are making the assumption that this Lex is universally disliked and he isn't. People would be wise to stop thinking and pushing their personal negative opinions as fact for so many others without any proof to back it up.

GenericUser

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
Darkseid and Justice League will have a battle over Zoom. It'll be considered another revolutionary move by Snyder

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
BvS is one of the worst comic book superhero movies ever, but for some reason I'm still curious to see this.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are making the assumption that this Lex is universally disliked and he isn't. People would be wise to stop thinking and pushing their personal negative opinions as fact for so many others without any proof to back it up.

"Universally" is a strong word but this Lex is pretty strongly disliked by most people.

Like, even people who like BvS usually cite him as one of the worst parts.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I remember seeing this movie, but I don't remember anything about it other than I hated it lol... I would have to be a massively different cut for me to like it.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
So, speaking in MCU terms - for comparison shake - this is basically if Iron man 1 happened, then Iron man 2 but with Captain America trying to stop Stark & Vice-Versa....then Avengers 1 with Thanos who snaps half the universes at the end.

Bit of an escalation for your 3rd film.

They tried to slow-roll it, and it wasn't going anywhere. No sense holding anything back at this point, there's no epic 20-movie anthology to save your "A-List" characters or events for. Even if this succeeds, it probably won't resuscitate the DCEU (sans reboot), so Snyder may as well play all his cards.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
They tried to slow-roll it, and it wasn't going anywhere. No sense holding anything back at this point, there's no epic 20-movie anthology to save your "A-List" characters or events for. Even if this succeeds, it probably won't resuscitate the DCEU (sans reboot), so Snyder may as well play all his cards.

They didn't try to slow roll anything lol, JL was what, the third movie?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017

I would consider running Steppenwolf as the primary antagonist of your big tentpole team-up movie a pretty damn slow roll.

Like imagine if the third X-Men movie built up to a knock-down, drag-out brawl with the movie's big antagonist, The Blob.

kowhite

May 14, 2019

It's the 5th movie in the DCEU.

Ive never agreed with this notion that the problem is the went too fast. The Avengers was the 6th MCU film, JL was the 5th they weren't even rushing that much in comparison. But even if it were the third film, there's no reason in the world this couldn't work.

It didn't, not cause it's too fast, they just weren't very good movies. Justice League could be a good movie even if it were the first in the franchise. This must have tons of movies like MCU to be good is nonsense.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
It's the 5th movie in the DCEU.

Ive never agreed with this notion that the problem is the went too fast. The Avengers was the 6th MCU film, JL was the 5th they weren't even rushing that much in comparison. But even if it were the third film, there's no reason in the world this couldn't work.

It didn't, not cause it's too fast, they just weren't very good movies. Justice League could be a good movie even if it were the first in the franchise. This must have tons of movies like MCU to be good is nonsense.

Yes they completely rushed it and botched it. Think about the introduction of the other characters before the first Avengers movie. Yes it took six movies but these were six movies that added a few minutes of connected tissue in each movie. It's really that simple. None of Snyder's movies bothered to do that. Not until the below:

There was a blueprint already with Marvel movies and no need to reinvent the wheel. Superman is the pillar and should have been fleshed out in at least two movies... because that is the blueprint. Him
dying
is the icing on the cake. The "oh shit" moment. Which I believe we were robbed of.

What we got from what I see is a lack of respect for the source material and a studio that once again thought it knew better and didn't. This gets on my nerves as I really really like the casting. Feels like such a waste.