• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Aww shit they are bringing in Karn
51OwHjyPemL._AC_.jpg
Yeah... that reminds me how much I'd rather watch a Gatewatch movie than this. The Magic Cinematic Universe would rock.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully after this we can all put to rest the idea that Snyder is in any way a talented storyteller and move on.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I expected something resembling a trailer cut from original "Snyder Cut" scenes and alternate takes.

With all the "Snyder Cut" talk about a full movie that was practically finished, you'd think they'd have something more to share at this point even if they had to finish or redo some effects.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Lex might be the worst miscast in recent memory, this isn't Lex Luthor in any way, shape or form.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I expected something resembling a trailer cut from original "Snyder Cut" scenes and alternate takes.

With all the "Snyder Cut" talk about a full movie that was practically finished, you'd think they'd have something more to share at this point even if they had to finish or redo some effects.
Technically, the very first trailer of JL was the Snydercut. Everything was changed after that.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why if they had enough footage to make Darkseid the main villain of the original JL, why they went back and reshot everything to erase his presence and give us the lame villain they did. The only reason I can logically think of is the Darkseid parts were really bad.

It's because although Darkseid was the main villain, he was still mostly in the background, with Steppenwolf being the one the league face in this movie. When they dropped plans for a JL2, they scrubbed Darkseid's scenes off and tried to make Steppenwolf a standalone villain (even though he didn't get any character to carry that role).

I wonder if they might throw Darkseid into the final battle of this version of the movie by replacing some Snyder Steppenwolf scenes with him in order to close everything here? Although the result of that probably would make him very underwhelming.

Deleted member 36563

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
The salt in this thread.

Obviously there's a large portion of people who wanted this. Let them enjoy it, instead of the tired ol snyder is the worst director hot takes we have heard thousand times before... maybe don't contribute?

It's old.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I have a feeling that'll be all the Darkseid we'll get, which is kinda a tease. Interested to see how they portray him in a post Thanos world

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a list of story differences that we know? I saw the theatrical version once while it played in the background and barely remember it.

Oct 28, 2017
"No protectors here...no Lanterns, no Kyrptonians...this worlds will fall, like all the others"

I just found out this was NOT Darkseid talking

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
So, speaking in MCU terms - for comparison shake - this is basically if Iron man 1 happened, then Iron man 2 but with Captain America trying to stop Stark & Vice-Versa....then Avengers 1 with Thanos who snaps half the universes at the end.

Bit of an escalation for your 3rd film.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
I don't understand why if they had enough footage to make Darkseid the main villain of the original JL, why they went back and reshot everything to erase his presence and give us the lame villain they did. The only reason I can logically think of is the Darkseid parts were really bad.
Darkseid was supposed to be the villain of JL2. BvS reception caused it to be cut down so it's better to remove him than tease someone who is not coming.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Don't we have this on a official channel? Can't express how annoying it is when these channels put new teasers glued to old stuff in the same video.

edit
Oh okay I see the Twitter post now
Okay, so I'm not alone with this. Always use official channels for stuff for this reason and to not support content farms and reuploads.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Eisenberg Lex is such pure cringe, I cannot stand listening to him.
Because Snyder was teasing a sequel that WB didn't want to make. So they swapped him out with Steppenwolf so that if it bombed they wouldn't feel obligated to continuue

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
That's a better last shot for essentially the same movie.

I swear some DC Snyder fans WILL take this as him changing the entire movie, taking out Steppenwolf (which, yes, in case you forgot, and you did, was the villain of the movie) and replacing Martha as well as every other dumb scene, and basically expect JL2.

Sep 28, 2018
So, speaking in MCU terms - for comparison shake - this is basically if Iron man 1 happened, then Iron man 2 but with Captain America trying to stop Stark & Vice-Versa....then Avengers 1 with Thanos who snaps half the universes at the end.

Bit of an escalation for your 3rd film.

At the same time, I don't find it -absolutely- necessary to have a 20-film arc before raising the stakes so high. Besides DC has mostly godlike superheroes so it makes sense to up the ante much earlier.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've never seen Justice League, but I sort of want to. Should I watch the one that's out now, or is it so bad I should just wait for whatever this turns out to be?
This is literally the first shot of the film where Superman's bad CGI face turns up, so you tell me if you want to watch 120 minutes of that. Btw it looks way worse in motion.
ey1fkbd8yxazodqualh5.png

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
If you want to get me interested in this then using v/o from one of the most miscast roles in recent cinema history aint the way to start the trailer, chief

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The salt in this thread.

Obviously there's a large portion of people who wanted this. Let them enjoy it, instead of the tired ol snyder is the worst director hot takes we have heard thousand times before... maybe don't contribute?

It's old.

If they announced a 6-hour director's cut of Halle Berry's Catwoman or the 2015 Fantastic Four, would you be upset if people entered a thread about it to be negative?

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
If they announced a 6-hour director's cut of Halle Berry's Catwoman or the 2015 Fantastic Four, would you be upset if people entered a thread about it to be negative?

Just weather the storm until this comes out and then everyone save those building their shrines to Snyder (Honestly what a strange, strange thing to plant a flag over) can forget about him ever touching DC properties

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing he himself could be capable of that I'd like is more action scenes. I'm not going to watch his movies for the plot or writing. He's failed that department too much. Just give me more anime fights.

Oct 25, 2017
Is that figure at the end supposed to be Darkseid or what
Quality is low all I see is a blur could be anybody, could be lex luthor in football gear

Deleted member 36563

Banned
Dec 20, 2017

There's a difference. It's coming, for the people who wanted this and enjoy his take on the universe. I'm happy they are able to see what he wanted to do.

Coming in and posting quick takes just to let people know snyder is the worst. Do you think they care? The cut is coming, it doesn't matter if you think snyder is the worst.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
That's not even remotely the same scenario.

There's people who have enjoyed Snyder's previous movies and felt screwed over by a Frankenstein'ed movie. Who just want to see the original vision.

The overly negative drive by posts making the same "witty" comments are old and add absolutely nothing to the conversation.