• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
So when do we get the next Justice League movie now that Wonder Woman and Aquaman are a success and will put more asses in the seat? What's going on with Cavill and Affleck, are they staying in their roles or being replaced? Are we getting another Batman movie with Affleck, are we getting a Man of Steel 2? Would be cool if the DCEU shared some details about their vision going forward.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I heard someone say that Spiderverse was going to kick Aquaman's ass at the box office because parents would look at RT scores before considering which film to take the family to. :dyingoflaughteremoji:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So when do we get the next Justice League movie now that Wonder Woman and Aquaman are a success and will put more asses in the seat? What's going on with Cavill and Affleck, are they staying in their roles or being replaced? Are we getting another Batman movie with Affleck, are we getting a Man of Steel 2? Would be cool if the DCEU shared some details about their vision going forward.
Nothing officially confirmed on anything, but whats been reported is that Reeves is doing Batman without Affleck (and WB seems fine with him taking his time on it), Cavill is out, and no Superman movie - Man of Steel 2 or otherwise - on the horizon for a while as the studio is more interested in a Supergirl movie now.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nothing officially confirmed on anything, but whats been reported is that Reeves is doing Batman without Affleck (and WB seems fine with him taking his time on it), Cavill is out, and no Superman movie - Man of Steel 2 or otherwise - on the horizon for a while as the studio is more interested in a Supergirl movie now.

That sounds like a great plan, honestly.

WW & Aquaman could essentially be standalone, BvS/MoS/JL never happened in the universe. Hopefully Shazam doesn't talk too much about it, though I know Billy has some news articles referencing them.

Reboot Batman, introduce Supergirl. Gunn soft reboots SS. Push for additional diversity with Blue Beetle... they could put together a CU to rival Marvel in time.

I hope they let James do it Wan more time.

They should hope Wan wants to do another. Dude does whatever projects he wants and is pure talent.

Oct 28, 2017

That stinks. I would hope they'd make a new Superman movie a priority. People love the character, despite MoS and BvS lackluster box office.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
We may live a world where aquaman is a bigger box office draw than spider-man... what in the world....

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
We may live a world where aquaman is a bigger box office draw than spider-man... what in the world....

I'm probably going to see Aquaman tonight. I have zero interest in Spiderverse. Just looks dumb to me personally. I've seen pretty much every superhero movie in theaters, too.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
They should hope Wan wants to do another. Dude does whatever projects he wants and is pure talent.
I think he put enough lead in material for the sequel to indicate that he does have an idea of what he would want to do given the chance, so I don't see why he wouldn't want to do it, unless he had a bad experience making this? Doesn't sound like it though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
eLr5aKX.png
Why is that Crossfire?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

Geoff Johns has been credited with writing Wonder Woman and Aquaman, so I expect Warner Bros. to be keen on getting him involved in writing the films in development.

I'd expect Flashpoint as the basis of their next 'big' movie. Maybe more as a Flash: Civil War. The story doesn't feature Batman or Superman heavily, but focuses on a conflict between Wonder Woman and Aquaman. They would probably be reticent to twist those characters too far from what has worked for audiences, but it could probably work as a alternate dimension reluctant war between Amazonians and Atlantians.

Then they could come out of that integrating whoever the new Batman is into the community.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017

Batman and Spider-man clearly have the most potential, everything else being equal. But we are still more than 2 years away from the 20th anniversary of Raimi's Spider-Man, and we are deep into our third take on the character.

People want something novel.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we're just gonna keep getting this topic everytime a new DC movie outgrosses JL so you can keep dunking on JL because i'm pretty sure ive seen this same topic before.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
You think AMs going to get the $1.1B it takes to top DKR? Seems like that would require some really good late legs. It would also make AM the second biggest grosser ever for WB.

Nolan Batman isn't part of the DCEU. Aquaman probably won't top TDKR. It could be their first $1B film in 6 years though. They haven't hit that mark since the first Hobbit.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good lord Justice League really was a train wreck. I can't believe the movie that should have been the highest is the lowest.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff Johns has been credited with writing Wonder Woman and Aquaman, so I expect Warner Bros. to be keen on getting him involved in writing the films in development.

I'd expect Flashpoint as the basis of their next 'big' movie. Maybe more as a Flash: Civil War. The story doesn't feature Batman or Superman heavily, but focuses on a conflict between Wonder Woman and Aquaman. They would probably be reticent to twist those characters too far from what has worked for audiences, but it could probably work as a alternate dimension reluctant war between Amazonians and Atlantians.

Then they could come out of that integrating whoever the new Batman is into the community.
Geoff Johns also was credited with Green Lantern. The way DC tosses the man around you think there was 56 hours in a day. People keep saying Flashpoint is the next step, that is like covering elephent shit with goose shit. Flashpoint didn't work in the books, or the show. ANd they had the history and canon to make it have weight. DC going "the films you just watched? Didn't happen" would be asinine
Batman and Spider-man clearly have the most potential, everything else being equal. But we are still more than 2 years away from the 20th anniversary of Raimi's Spider-Man, and we are deep into our third take on the character.

People want something novel.
So you saying Alpha Flight movie with Wildchild as the lead?

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather DC stuck to their guns and went with the route that Man of Steel and BvS went with rather than give us half assed generic shit like Wonder Woman, Justice League and Aquaman.

I'd rather have interesting failures that I actually remember versus ME TOO!! Marvel knock offs

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's almost as if they're willing to take more risks with characters they don't expect to succeed... and those risks pay off.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I'd rather DC stuck to their guns and went with the route that Man of Steel and BvS went with rather than give us half assed generic shit like Wonder Woman, Justice League and Aquaman.

I'd rather have interesting failures that I actually remember versus ME TOO!! Marvel knock offs
That's like asking to be served a shit sandwich because it is different because you don't want a perfectly fine hamburger.
Thankfully it seems WB got the message that the general populace doesn't want to eat shit sandwiches like what Snyder was serving.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Aquaman's scale and world feels 1000x bigger than DC's team up movie with an intergalactic threat.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
So we're just gonna keep getting this topic everytime a new DC movie outgrosses JL so you can keep dunking on JL because i'm pretty sure ive seen this same topic before.

Thank you for saying this because holy shit, this topic is tired.

More on topic, WB needs to figure out something for Superman. In my perfect world, Cavill sticks around and we get a MoS2 but either way, I don't want the character to just disappear.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's like asking to be served a shit sandwich because it is different because you don't want a perfectly fine hamburger.
Thankfully it seems WB got the message that the general populace doesn't want to eat shit sandwiches like what Snyder was serving.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Justice League arent perfectly fine hamburgers. They are microwaved frozen hamburgers. Justice League is the microwaved frozen hamburger that you undercooked, dropped and stepped on but ate anyways because you already spent money on it.

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are recipes with potential that were completely fucked up by a chef in over his head. They are something you could eventually get right and create something great with, unlike the frozen microwaved hamburgers.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
DC should just bite the bullet and release a movie called Fuck You Please Don't See This in two theaters in order to prevent threads like this in the future.
It would star the Extreme Justice characters. Get Pitof to direct it.