• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
It was great and fucking brutal. The brutality disturbed on some occasions. However, I couldn't buy how everything kicked off.

The Justice League going head first into the fight with Darkseid even with the Furies not being there is still really ridiculous. I understand that Superman was terrified and that Darkseid was spying on them. I couldn't buy the fact the world's smartest people would be okay with whole 'plan'.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this continuity. I don't like Damian Wayne all that much but we watched him grow into a capable, and more compassionate hero over the couple of films we got to see. Nightwing was fantastic in a lot of these films, and seeing he and Starfire together in these movies was satisfying.

Overall a better experience than the majority than what the DCEU has put out and this was an excellent way to close the book. Although I'm guessing we're getting a reboot?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The show I'll give it a look. It sounds interesting as far as DC animated movies go. I've been watching those movies for what feels like forever, may as well cap it out before the inevitable reboot.

Now some griping, sorry. I've been reading Hellblazer since I was like 10 (I know, not something a child should have been reading but hey). It is still so weird DC (I guess Dan Didio before he left / was fired) decided to end his storied, dark comic and turn him into a dashing hero who wears white gloves for some reason. He was a loveable, ugly, rotten old bastard who mostly just ate TV dinners from the microwave. He was not in shape. Barely washed that trenchcoat. Couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. Now he looks like Chris Evans running around in a nice new suit doing daring deeds. Man, that was not the character for the thirty or so years he's existed.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I never got around to watching any of these despite meaning to a few years ago, but it's good to hear that it ended on a high note? Might get around to watching some now.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
So can someone explain to me why is Darkseid gets to round around and shit up the universe? Where are the Guardians or even the other New Gods?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't finish the movie. It's like someone watched Snyder movies on bath salts and thought "let's do that but 10x edgier".

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me John and Darkseid have a "chat" at some point. That'd be like a dream come true for me.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Mister Miracle and Big Barda being absent, Zatanna being sidelined and used as a plot device, MK level brutalities.

Yeah I didn't like it. King Shark and Constantine being Exes was the highlight of the film.

Last edited:

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Been catching up and finally got to Hush. Frankly it works alot better than the nonsensical shit of the comic. They streamlined it down to something that works in a much more satisfying way.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
It was decent end to the Nu52verse and while it would have been interesting to see how it would have gone:
another Flashpoint does feel right especially with how it started.

Wasn't the best movie in the series but it was enjoyable and so glad that Constantine was the main PoV character and not Batman/Superman again.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
It was okay. The N52 movies were generally really bad and i am kinda glad they are over now, this is indeed one of the better movies in this universe but that's not really a high bar tbh.

Here's what i liked:

- The direction they took with some of the characters were genuinely interesting.
-Action scenes were generally fun to watch.
-Focus on Damian and Raven was a good choice. After being a complete shit during a lot of movies, i liked the way they handled Damian here.
- In terms of character interactions, there were some legit great moments. Constantine and Boomerang meeting was my favorite moment from the movie.

What i disliked:
-Some of the dialogue was really bad but i guess that's expected from a VOD cartoon.
-Gore for the sake of gore. No, we do not need to see members of Justice League literally being torn apart. Fuck that.
-The way they handled Constantine. Look, i love the dude but here he was just as a plot device for the most point. He just makes the exact thing he needs to do with magic when plot requires it. For fuck's sake he "Hacked" Apokolips technology with "magic" . I get it they wanted Constantine to be the focus here but him being capable of literally anything doesn't really justify it.
-The ending.
So, the entire DC animated universe is just pointless because whatever happens Flash can run and create another timeline. Wish they chose another way to reboot the universe. They clearly didn't want to go with the "Watchmen" route for the Rebirth phase but another Flashpoint is most defintely not the way to go. This all makes everything pointless.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
For fuck's sake he "Hacked" Apokolips technology with "magic" . I get it they wanted Constantine to be the focus here but him being capable of literally anything doesn't really justify it.
-The ending.

Yeah. There are a lot of stupid moments like that, one of which was when he
used Wonder Woman's lasso of truth against her out of the blue just after she killed Etragon. It feels so random and arbitrary and just a way to advance things forward when the writers need to. Why couldn't he have done that right from the start?

Also,
Darkseid is really great in this movie. I love his poetic revenge on the Justice League, especially how he "punished" Superman, but I mean come on! There were a lot of obvious flaws in his plans. Like them reverting back after being programmed was always a possibility

About the ending...

That's not exactly true. It's clear that Barry had no intention of doing another Flashpoint at any point, and he states that he promised Iris he wouldn't mess with time again, but he was compelled by John. Also, apparently the earth was practically doomed. Still, they could have handled the dialogue way better (it went something like "I really shouldn't", "come on", "okay, lol"), even though the moment when they were looking at the "reboot blast" was kinda cool.

I will say this, I wish the movie focused more on some plot points, it needed more

focus on the relationships between Trigon and Raven, and Damien and Dick (Damien finally refers to Dick as a brother but we never see the two interact at all. Also, more Old Gods versus New Gods. I suppose the budget for these movies is limited so I think that is to be expected

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
The Nu52verse had so many OOC moments that I stopped caring about them and just here for the spectacle.

Now that they're finally ditching that universe, maybe we can get some quality standalones again.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It was okay. The N52 movies were generally really bad and i am kinda glad they are over now, this is indeed one of the better movies in this universe but that's not really a high bar tbh.

Here's what i liked:

- The direction they took with some of the characters were genuinely interesting.
-Action scenes were generally fun to watch.
-Focus on Damian and Raven was a good choice. After being a complete shit during a lot of movies, i liked the way they handled Damian here.
- In terms of character interactions, there were some legit great moments. Constantine and Boomerang meeting was my favorite moment from the movie.

What i disliked:
-Some of the dialogue was really bad but i guess that's expected from a VOD cartoon.
-Gore for the sake of gore. No, we do not need to see members of Justice League literally being torn apart. Fuck that.
-The way they handled Constantine. Look, i love the dude but here he was just as a plot device for the most point. He just makes the exact thing he needs to do with magic when plot requires it. For fuck's sake he "Hacked" Apokolips technology with "magic" . I get it they wanted Constantine to be the focus here but him being capable of literally anything doesn't really justify it.
-The ending.
So, the entire DC animated universe is just pointless because whatever happens Flash can run and create another timeline. Wish they chose another way to reboot the universe. They clearly didn't want to go with the "Watchmen" route for the Rebirth phase but another Flashpoint is most defintely not the way to go. This all makes everything pointless.
...i mean he fucked it up in the first place. It was expected for him to try.
eh maybe im just one of the people that didn't see it as pointless. I got what, a couple years of this storyline? Id call it a win, even if there were mistakes.
Then again if we use your logic....most everything is well pointless when it comes to comics. There will always be a reset to do something new. Which isn't inherently a bad thing.

This whole thing started because flash wanted yo save his mom, I'm not sure what more he can do to fix his mistake. As they were still suffering from it. And well the ending is ambiguous enough that if they wanted to, they can add the watchmen aspect if they really wanted to.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
DC is the king of the animated super hero space.

always wished marvel could do this.

I look forward to the next DC...storyline i guess?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it but it's all meaningless in the end even if it makes sense it ended that way.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
DC is the king of the animated super hero space.

always wished marvel could do this.

I look forward to the next DC...storyline i guess?

Because Marvel (or anyone else) is non-existent in animated super hero movies.
DC still has good animated content when it comes to their shows. Harley Quinn is really good. So is Young Justice. Movies? Not so much.

Well there was a time they had a fantastic line up of movies. Newer ones are defitenely worse. Worst thing is that, they can't even adapt classic storylines properly.
Hush Red Son , Killing Joke all sucked. None of the movies are nowhere close to the quality of older titles like Under the Red Hood or Justice League: New Frontier.

Now that this N52 phase is over, i hope they keep making good movies again.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I enjoyed it but it's all meaningless in the end even if it makes sense it ended that way.

I disagree with it

I don't think any of it was meaningless, if anything I think one of the few times that type of plot/element worked.

The Earth is screwed. Hell so is the universe. And even with that the heroes are willing to fight another day, but John isn't about it. As he says he cheats, and he sees an easy fix to try again. Even against The Flash's will, he resets the universe. It was a nice caper for a saga that I don't think was ever intended to be one.

Oct 25, 2017
It was good in concept, but the way they killed all the heroes was gratuitous and dumb. Came across as juvenile and pulled me out of the drama. Gave me Ultimatum flashbacks.

I get it, the Teen Titans died. I don't need to see Starfire's guts.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It was good in concept, but the way they killed all the heroes was gratuitous and dumb. Came across as juvenile and pulled me out of the drama. Gave me Ultimatum flashbacks.

I get it, the Teen Titans died. I don't need to see Starfire's guts.

The reviews had me interested but I was concerned about the brutality and seeing stuff like the spoiler on another site really turned me off.

To be fair I stopped buying the films shortly after Flashpoint (unless Dark Knight Returns was after?).

Were Red Son and Fatal Five good?

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018

I can't say for sure if they were well-liked, but the Fatal Five, Red Son, and the Dark Knight Returns are standalone stories and not part of the New 52 continuity.

To be honest, the fact that this movie was grim and gory about how it killed the heroes was a positive, in a Logan-esque way. The MCU heroes feel too clean sometimes, and hardly anyone dies even in major events like Civil War.

This was a refreshing change. It made, in my opinion, the threat feel way more serious and, unlike how they undid things in Endgame and even if this just merely a Direct-to-video movie, you actually feel that the stakes are high.

Also, like the parademons/dooms are scary beings and it made sense that most of the Justice League are unable to stand their footing against them. I love that they acknowledged that for once.

Another positive highlight for me was Superman, like the entirety of his story. How past events (Reign of the Superman) made him more impulsive and bold, and how he became more jaded and humble in his punished form, yet still good-hearted and hopeful, was really a joy to watch, and I am rarely a fan of his character.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I can't say for sure if they were well-liked, but the Fatal Five, Red Son, and the Dark Knight Returns are standalone stories and not part of the New 52 continuity.

To be honest, the fact that this movie was grim and gory about how it killed the heroes was a positive, in a Logan-esque way. The MCU heroes feel too clean sometimes, and hardly anyone dies even in major events like Civil War.

This was a refreshing change. It made, in my opinion, the threat feel way more serious and, unlike how they undid things in Endgame and even if this just merely a Direct-to-video movie, you actually feel that the stakes are high.

Also, like the parademons/dooms are scary beings and it made sense that most of the Justice League are unable to stand their footing against them. I love that they acknowledged that for once.

Another positive highlight for me was Superman, like the entirety of his story. How past events (Reign of the Superman) made him more impulsive and bold, and how he became more jaded and humble in his punished form, yet still good-hearted and hopeful, was really a joy to watch, and I am rarely a fan of his character.

I'm not necessarily arguing against the dark themes so much as I have no interest in seeing my favorite fictional characters split apart and eaten alive. I'm fine with darkness, and liked Flashpoint, but this just seemed brutal. It doesn't have the fun mask of an alternate universe either, which Flashpoint and similar works used to get away with it.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
I'm not necessarily arguing against the dark themes so much as I have no interest in seeing my favorite fictional characters split apart and eaten alive. I'm fine with darkness, and liked Flashpoint, but this just seemed brutal. It doesn't have the fun mask of an alternate universe either, which Flashpoint and similar works used to get away with it.

Fair point, and I can see how that might put some off.

For me, the violence added to the overall intensity of the story.

To your point on Flashpoint, I said in an earlier post that I liked how they kinda retreated the themes and storytelling of Flashpoint Paradox. I appreciated The "going full circle" thing and thought it was a nice way to end things off.

Last edited:

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
I have a broader comic book question about Raven, but figured I could ask it here since it relates to the characters and events of the movie somewhat.

Has there been an occurrence, whether on the Teen Titans show or in the comics, of Trigon being gentle or caring to Raven? or has he ever helped her out of love, not out of self-interest?

I'd hoped that we see a moment between the two other than the one at the end when they acknowledge each other before splitting apart for good.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
The reviews had me interested but I was concerned about the brutality and seeing stuff like the spoiler on another site really turned me off.

To be fair I stopped buying the films shortly after Flashpoint (unless Dark Knight Returns was after?).

Red Son is probably the best DCAU next to flashpoint and red hood.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like I should have known there was a connected story to these movies

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a broader comic book question about Raven, but figured I could ask it here since it relates to the characters and events of the movie somewhat.

Has there been an occurrence, whether on the Teen Titans show or in the comics, of Trigon being gentle or caring to Raven? or has he ever helped her out of love, not out of self-interest?

I'd hoped that we see a moment between the two other than the one at the end when they acknowledge each other before splitting apart for good.

"gentle" and "Trigon" are two words that don't come together, but she was always seen as an heir to him, someone to rule together, specially at the final battle of the Wolfman/Perez era, when she actually becomes like him. And, hummm, Teen Titans GO?

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
"gentle" and "Trigon" are two words that don't come together, but she was always seen as an heir to him, someone to rule together, specially at the final battle of the Wolfman/Perez era, when she actually becomes like him. And, hummm, Teen Titans GO?

I get that. It's just one of the more interesting character dynamics in any comic book universe really, and I've always wondered if this was ever an existing element to their relationship (as in any form of affection).

Teen Titans GO aside, though. Just in a more serious settings.

Thank you for taking the time.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Tower of Balditude needs to be new official name of Lex Corp.

Edit.

Her pairing with Damian it was one of the most awful things in this series of movies

Last edited:

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain what they were talking about when they found the flash on the treadmill? He caused darkseid to turn up due to flashpoint, but if flashpoint didn't happen he would have came but they couldn't stop the engine because Barry wasn't there? That whole sequence just lost me tbh

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I get that. It's just one of the more interesting character dynamics in any comic book universe really, and I've always wondered if this was ever an existing element to their relationship (as in any form of affection).

Teen Titans GO aside, though. Just in a more serious settings.

Thank you for taking the time.

As always with DC characters she had a troublesome past, not sure what holds in the current continuum. But originally she never met her father before a teen, a he saw her more as a gate to reach our dimension. However it changed over time, to be more "we will rule together". But yes, it is an interesting relationship.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was pretty good. The Constantine and JL Dark movies have been the best movies post flashpoint. I think Constantine standalone movie was the best from this universe.