• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kubrick is one of Snyder's favorite directors: https://www.newsweek.com/life-movies-zack-snyder-76373
Also this from 2009: https://nypost.com/2009/03/04/is-zack-snyder-the-new-kubrick/ (Yes he is.)

One of the last scenes in BvS is a Kubrick-stare. Snyder literally said to Eisenberg to give him one but feel free to check the Blu Ray extras. Those 2 to 3 hours of behind the scenes extras are some of the best I ever saw.

Kubrick was a sophisticated filmmaker. Snyder is a stylish hack.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This just in, as people asked about his Fan4stic on the last page:
guq0u3lwomz31.jpg

And people wonder why he was fired... Just read the 1st TPB of Ultimate Fantastic Four to see what his film could/should have been. We are 0/4 for the FF when it comes to film. How?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
so was all the hubub this weekend for nothing? they still haven't said anything official?

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Unreal how much WB and Whedon changed the movie. Seeing all the stuff snyder is posting is a totally different movie.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
so was all the hubub this weekend for nothing? they still haven't said anything official?
From what's been said there was no plan to make any announcements this week. But that how big this week was would give Snyder more negotiation power. Of course that's all rumours and could be bullshit. But the amount of orchestration that was evident in this leads me to believe something must be happening behind the scenes.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was glaringly obvious that WB was never honest about how much was changed.

I'm honestly surprised Zack never asked for his name to be removed.

He has mentioned in the past he has not seen what ended up in theaters. When people early on on Vero were talking to him about the film he had no clue about the Russian family and a lot of other stuff. I can imagine if he had know just how much was changed he might have considered it. Though it's understandable his mind was on other things at the time.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wait. It's actually happening?

Well shit, I'm in then. You got my $30 dollars or so just to see what the fuss is about.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
He has mentioned in the past he's not seen what ended up in theaters. When people early on on Vero were talking to him about the film he had no clue about he Russian family and a lot of other stuff. I can imagine if he had know just how much was changed he might have considered it. Though it's understandable his mind was on other things at the time.
Just even comparing the first trailer to the second was like two different films. That red smear filter was hideous.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Here are the official released trailers in order so people can see where it all changed

July 23 2016

March 25 2017

July 22 2017

Oct 8 2017

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna remove the only decent scenes Superman has had on film in decades.

But I'm all here for the "BvS 2" reviews / Honest Trailer / etc. :v

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
As someone else said, the "Snyder Cut" still won't be the SNYDER Cut because his original vision for the films was compromised when BvS bombed and the suits at be wanted a lighter tone. Thus, his idea for JL and what he likely ended up shooting are going to entirely different. I still think the Snyder Cut will be better than JL and adhere more to the previous tone of the prior films, but it will still be a compromised version of his vision. The true Snyder Cut people want will never exist as he never got to make it.

Yeah it's important to temper expectations here. The JL that Snyder was working on may have been better looking, better shot, had better characterization, more complete and considered world-building, and made more sense. It will also probably be a lot slower, longer, and more desaturated.

But it's still essentially the Super-Friends story that WB steered him towards, away from his proposed two-parter. The initial idea of the Justice League's start being kickstarted by future contact, and two-part epic ending in a story of the Redemption of Superman is lost. Honestly I think if Snyder had been allowed to proceed with his vision, Justice League 1 would have done better numbers but still caught BvS amounts of guff and fan-rage.... and Justice League 2 could have redeemed it all with a cap-off to the arc better than what we got out of Avenger's Endgame.

But maybe I felt Endgame was just kind of a victory-lap cop-out. A forgivable one, but still.

I just don't think its possible to make it worse, so what if a snyder cut actually ends up making it better.

The failure of WB's studio interference will be complete.
But most of those executives making decisions in 2016/2017 have since moved on.

It would be nice if it just meant a little public redemption for Snyder. Look at the vitriol in this thread!

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Do people actually think that a director's cut is going to redeem this movie?

Sure, I would like to see it, but let's come back to reality.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
b1tm00nkv2141.jpg

First look at JLA´s Willem Dafoe. He had an action figure due to this film but WB locked away all his footage. Nobody Puts Willem in a Corner!
How can you deny us footage of the Antichrist himself WB? (Watch Antichrist everyone.)

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, William Defoe was supposed to be in this?

I want to see this original messy version so bad.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Here is a tiny plastic Willem Dafoe from JLA and NOT Aquaman kiguel182.
justice-league-funko-orm-or-vulko.jpg

You could buy him and invite him in your home but not see him. Fuck me.
Mera was the basically the 7th JLA member. The History Footage flashback is an actual scene that goes on for quite a bit and there are scenes on Apokolips. Darkseid had at least 2 scenes with dialogue! The Nazi´s had a motherbox (i saw the leaked scene in 2017). Nearly everything with Cyborg (his father dies), Flash and Superman is different. Flash´s future wife is featured (that scene is done and looks dope). There may even be Martian Manhunter footage as General Swanwic was secretly him. I only saw the storyboard there. I could do the math on the Josstice League version but yeah. The is more Joss than Snyder in that one. Aside from the new score and the mostly new dialogue. Chris Terrio got shafted the worst. About 2 hours of near finished uncut cocaine Snydra footage exists outside of the stuff in the 2017 version.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
They're going to rerelease it in theaters, 7 for the 7 will actually work, topples endgame as highest grossing film ever!

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
At this point people need to stop denying that Snyder's version of the film and what Whedon and WB put are two largely different beast. It should be very clear by now that they are and Snyder's cut isn't some longer version of what was put in theaters. The finished state of Snyder's cut is being proven more and more as well.

WB would be extremely stupid not to put this on HBO Max when they're willing to finance DC films around 65 million for the service or willing to spend several million on individual episodes for a streaming show. This thing will be cheap in comparison.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Cavill indirectly talking about the Snyder films this very month: https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a29774618/henry-cavill-the-witcher-superman-interview/
"He's cautious when discussing the films themselves, so consider these assessments the height of his candor: Man of Steel? "A great starting point. If I were to go back, I don't think I'd change anything." Batman v Superman? "Very much a Batman movie. And I think that realm of darkness is great for a Batman movie." Justice League? "It didn't work."

Ezra Miller and Cavill hope for another shot and he has to focus on being perceived as Geralt right now. That´s why they are the only key actors being quite regarding the Snyder Cut. I get it. Hope is slim but I want to see more of basically anyone return. They will join us in the sun one day.
That said, I believe in Battison.

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
With the amount of action that this is getting from Snyder himself, surely it's going to see the light of day? I'm excited to get one more proper Batfleck film before Battinson takes over. I still think of Affleck's Batman as being one giant missed opportunity on WB's behalf.