• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
As someone else said, the "Snyder Cut" still won't be the SNYDER Cut because his original vision for the films was compromised when BvS bombed and the suits at be wanted a lighter tone. Thus, his idea for JL and what he likely ended up shooting are going to entirely different. I still think the Snyder Cut will be better than JL and adhere more to the previous tone of the prior films, but it will still be a compromised version of his vision. The true Snyder Cut people want will never exist as he never got to make it.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
6zrWxWi.jpg
some just learned about the bevel effects in photoshop

someday

Oct 25, 2017
How much did the Snyder cut improve Batman V Superman? I never watched it. BVS was already so oppressively long and dull that viewing a longer version really had no appeal to me.
I've only watched this version and I suppose it does explain things better but it doesn't make watching it any better. It's everything I hate about the DC movies all wrapped into one overly long, depressing, ridiculous package.

Oct 25, 2017
How much did the Snyder cut improve Batman V Superman? I never watched it. BVS was already so oppressively long and dull that viewing a longer version really had no appeal to me.
It arguably makes it worse because it's more coherent but it's not anymore interesting, it just ends up being a longer still miserable experience.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I really wish at this point WB would just kill the DCEU for, like, 5 years and just try again at a later date far, far away from Zack Snyder.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I correct in thinking that Whedon was responsible for the Supes vs Flash race at the end?

Because that was one of the highlights of JL. That's what fans want to see in team-up movies.

Flash realizing Supes is tracking his movements in real time is the best moment in a DC film and arguably the best moment in DC anything. There I said it. Shame about 80% of everything else. But that scene was amazing. That's what 13 year old Stinkles nerd-chilled about in the 80s.

pDygdSl.gif

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Flash realizing Supes is tracking his movements in real time is the best moment in a DC film and arguably the best moment in DC anything. There I said it. Shame about 80% of everything else. But that scene was amazing. That's what 13 year old Stinkles nerd-chilled about in the 80s.

pDygdSl.gif

Yeah, that one scene was glorious. Shame about the rest of the runtime.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That was probably an option at one point, but WW did really well with almost 900 mil. Then Aquaman made a billion dollars. So, nope lol
Even then, though, those are solo films that are loosely connected, which seems to work perfectly fine for them. They basically just rushed into wanting their own MCU without building up many of the characters first. I'm cool with solo films. Just kill the whole cinematic universe idea for now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Even then, though, those are solo films that are loosely connected, which seems to work perfectly fine for them. They basically just rushed into wanting their own MCU without building up many of the characters first. I'm cool with solo films. Just kill the whole cinematic universe idea for now.

I mean, they basically have. Don't expect WW or Aquaman to show up in Reeve's Batman or vice versa.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
So would this have black suit bearded Superman? This is basically the Resident Evil 1.5 of movies.

While we're at it #ReleaseTheUndisclosedSouthEastAsianStudioMetroidPrime4Cut

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, well I don't think kill is in the cards (more like a pause) but the wb execs have already mentioned moving away from the crossover centric ideas for now. Think it was in some variey profile or something. Essentially saying they we mainly going to focus on solo movie, but are open to doing more team ups down the road. I.E, not gonna "force" anything as it were.

If a film maker comes to them with a solid idea for another team up/JL movie, they might go for it then. Another big team up isn't a forgone conclusion that they are finding someone to make, more waiting for someone to come to them with a good pitch.

Maybe Aquaman two has some cameos. Cyborg showing up in a flash movie. Those kinds of things.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly how it should have been handled in the first place. Tossing a new Batman into a BvS movie with a WW cameo, and then in JL just throwing in Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman. It just felt so damn rushed.
Funnily enough even Zack thought their should have been more solo movies before the team up. Executives have a lot of say, so the rushing then ensued.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017

pDygdSl.gif

Agreed. I've only sat through the entire movie once, but I've watched this scene a dozen or so times.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I'm actually expecting WW 84 to be much bigger than everyone is thinking. Basically the "DC Rebirth" for the DCEU.

Also expecting Battinson first appearence to be in a post-credit scene in WW 84 for a big "OH SHIT" moment.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
As someone else said, the "Snyder Cut" still won't be the SNYDER Cut because his original vision for the films was compromised when BvS bombed and the suits at be wanted a lighter tone. Thus, his idea for JL and what he likely ended up shooting are going to entirely different. I still think the Snyder Cut will be better than JL and adhere more to the previous tone of the prior films, but it will still be a compromised version of his vision. The true Snyder Cut people want will never exist as he never got to make it.
the alien 3 assembly cut of the dceu

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Snyder's version will no doubt be a more coherent film. But I think it's still going to be pretty meh because the overall story of JL is pretty meh. It's a super simple story. And that can work, just look at the first Avengers. But that had a bad guy everyone liked and the good guys were already established and had good chemistry. Snyder isn't very good at that, sadly.

I'm actually expecting WW 84 to be much bigger than everyone is thinking. Basically the "DC Rebirth" for the DCEU.

Also expecting Battinson first appearence to be in a post-credit scene in WW 84 for a big "OH SHIT" moment.

I don't think they'll ever incorporate Pattinson's Batman with Snyder-era characters. Matt Reeves will do his trilogy like Nolan and that's the end of that iteration of the character.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I don't think they'll ever incorporate Pattinson's Batman with Snyder-era characters. Matt Reeves will do his trilogy like Nolan and that's the end of that iteration of the character.
We'll see, but honestly no reason for Pattinson's Batman to not be part of the DCEU while Matt Reeves still makes his own trilogy on his side.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA

pDygdSl.gif
is it a coincidence that Henry Cavill and Ezra Miller are not calling for the Snyder Cut? lmao

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017

pDygdSl.gif
Isn't this just cribbed from an X-Men movie or something?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The story actually makes sense when watching the ultimate edition. It's better but there are people that still don't like it. Personally, I wish they had released the ultimate edition rather than the theatrical one we got.

Objectively it's a way better film but a lot of people haven't given it a chance because the original was legitimately incoherent. I agree they should have never released the theatrical version because it poisoned the well. JL was unfinished because the studio learned the wrong lesson on why BvS underperformed and made the same mistake of cutting out the wrong things.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for some shitty Snyder cut to get released so that fans that have spent 2 years being nuisances online about it are forced to grin through their teeth and pretend that shit is delicious.

l37sqlz.gif

Then again whatever "Snyder Cut" that gets releases over 2 years after the fact would have the great benefit of hindsight and likely wouldn't actually be the same movie Snyder would have released 2 years ago if he had.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
How about DC jettison every single movie from the DCEU except Aquaman and Shazam, and Gal can go back to cheerleading the IDF like the sack of shit she is instead

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Objectively it's a way better film but a lot of people haven't given it a chance because the original was legitimately incoherent. I agree they should have never released the theatrical version because it poisoned the well. JL was unfinished because the studio learned the wrong lesson on why BvS underperformed and made the same mistake of cutting out the wrong things.

I think the Ultimate Cut of BvS makes a difference for people who already at least sort of liked BvS but it makes no difference to those who hated the way Batman, Superman and Lex were portrayed.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I liked the theatrical version, but I'm also in to watch whatever the Snyder Cut ends up being.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
I just thought of something hear me out.

What if there is no Snyder cut?
Doesn't a different cut existing have more to do with the DGA? Aren't directors permitted to work on and tweak a different version of a movie even if the studio/production company vetos a different version for release? How would Snyder have been able screen his version of the movie if it violated guild norms and didn't exist?