• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing this story of this guy on my feed this morning and this apparently slipped under the radar in 2019 for most people and now that I'm finally hearing about it it really fucking makes me sad. I just wanna give this guy a hug. I thought I'd post this in case more people had not heard his story yet.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aurora police found a fellow officer passed out drunk in his squad car in the middle of a major road while on duty in the middle of the day. Zero consequences were faced. They are a very bad department.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This one really, REALLY hurt. Its not a contest but Elijah just seemed like a lovely person I would have loved to have in my life. This is so unfair.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
Nope nope nope.... got teary eyed when I last read his story :(

OP
OP
Musubi

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one really, REALLY hurt. Its not a contest but Elijah just seemed like a lovely person I would have loved to have in my life. This is so unfair.

Dude apparently played violin for kittens in animal shelters to help clam them. Its absolutely barbaric his murderers are not only free but are still employed.

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
I just read that he was also put in a chokehold and he told cops he couldn't breathe...the cops told him not to move again or they'll get their dog to bite him... WTF

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"they injected him with ketamine"

Fucking EXCUSE ME
It's something that sadly happen all over the country.
When someone is "sedated" (like in the movies) it's usually ketamine, and cops often instruct paramedics to do it for bad reasons.

Edit: this is the first thing that came up on google, but it's pretty common practice from what I know.
www.npr.org

Minneapolis Investigates Police Use Of Ketamine On Suspects

NPR's Michel Martin speaks to Star Tribune reporter Andy Mannix about the investigation into the Minneapolis police and EMTs sedating people in custody.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
This made me cry audibly sitting by myself in my place. I can't believe I missed this one. Terrible that it happened to what looked like a very kind person, and that nothing (continues to be done) about it. Less and less faith in a large portion of humanity every passing day.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Just heard about this. So sad and disgusting

"Officers attempted to stop McClain, who was walking in the 1900 block of Billings Street near East Colfax Avenue, after someone called 911 to report a "sketchy" man flailing his arms and wearing a ski mask.

McClain, who routinely wore masks when outside because he had anemia and became cold easily, according to family, refused to stop for officers when they first contacted him. "I have a right to go where I am going," he said.

An officer got close to McClain and touched him. "Stop tensing up, dude. Stop tensing up," the officer said. McClain said: "I am going home. … Leave me alone," and "Let me go. No, let me go. I am an introvert. Please respect my boundaries that I am speaking.

A struggle escalated, and three officers wrangled McClain toward a lawn, eventually taking him down. During the struggle, Roedema claimed that McClain tried to grab for Rosenblatt's holstered gun.

One camera goes dark, but audio can still be heard. McClain cried, pleaded and whimpered. "Ouch, that really hurts," he said. "I'm so sorry. I don't have a gun. I don't do that stuff."

As McClain, who weighed 140 pounds, was held on the ground, Woodyard applied a "carotid control hold" around McClain's neck. McClain was handcuffed with his hands behind his back. He vomited several times."

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/23/elijah-mcclain-dead-no-charges-aurora-officers/

All he did was not stop immediately when police arrived because some idiot couldn't mind his own business. And "Stop tensing up" is such an ironic statement coming from the police. Like why do you think he's tensing up?

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Can't get sad while reading about this - it's straight to anger.

sentinelcolorado.com

Aurora lawmakers demand new Elijah McClain death query; chief mandates new police procedures - Sentinel Colorado

AURORA | A panel of Aurora city lawmakers on Tuesday sent a letter to City Manager Jim Twombly formally asking the city to conduct a new, third-party investigation into the death of Elijah McClain, a 23-year-old black man who died days after a violent encounter with Aurora police last summer...

I went straight to rage.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck those cops.

And fuck people that can't mind their own business. They need to be put in the spotlight just as much as the cops.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. This is absolutely horrifying.
The fact these cops immediately went to be violent just shows once more that they are not there to de-escalate as they should be. They are there to go on a power trip and hurt others. Fucking thugs.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Why the fuck isn't this getting more traction here? Wtf people!? This whole thing is messed up! I swear I'm full of rage right now after hearing the encounter and then seeing the type of person he was on that video in the op. This is infuriating and sad.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
This is absolutely horrific, and it angers me to no end. A lovely person taken for no reason.

Fuck the police, seriously. It is vile how they keep getting away with this.

OP
OP
Musubi

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gofundme.com

Elijah McClain, organized by Sheneen McClain

https://kdvr.com/2019/08/28/aurora-officers-on-leave-after-altercation-leaves-man-hospitalized/… Sheneen McClain needs your support for Elijah McClain

Is this gofundme legit? I really wanna donate but also don't wanna give money to scammers if there trying to piggyback off of this for profit.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
That "paramedic" needs to be charged too. That dumbfuck gave him a large enough dose to knock a 220 pound man on his ass. Everything about this is sickening.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I missed this story completely last year. I'd say it's infuriating but the words are kind of empty at this point. You can just tell that he was in no way equipped to deal with that kind of bullshit. And he shouldn't have to be. I hope he gets justice.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
This is a tactic they use, they hit their cameras off of themselves. They did the same when they killed Rayshard Brooks.
cops shouldn't have the same ability that i had working at a call-center for a credit company, where i could wiggle the cable under my desk to disconnect the call

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
My god that transcript he was even polite and even apologized and complimented the officers while they chocked him such a beautiful soul.

I could not read that without tearing up ...

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This story made me burst into tears yesterday, but now I'm just a ball of burning anger. Fuck man, this is why we fight, and this is who we need to fight more for.

Mar 21, 2018
I saw this on my feed. Heartbreaking and horrifying in equal measure. I shouldn't be surprised at man's inhumanity to man but this was particularly sickening. What a tragic loss of a beautiful human being. RIP.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'm so sorry that humanity failed you, Elijah McClain. We will never forgive how the Police treated you.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great article

www.thecut.com

What We Know About the Killing of Elijah McClain

The 23-year-old died last year after police brutally detained him while he was walking home from a convenience store.

Those cops just ate the admin leave and went back to work as if it was no biggie.

How? How do they not wracked with guilt and shame for slaying an innocent unarmed man? Do they understand Elijah died because of their actions? Are they all sociopaths?

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I see his name/photo I well up. Utterly devastating. Not that it should even matter that he had a sparkling magic soul. If he was a scumbag, he still wouldn't deserve this. Hard reality to swallow that this just happens and has been for decades. And it's never been a secret, either. Shaking with anger.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Those cops just ate the admin leave and went back to work as if it was no biggie.

How? How do they not wracked with guilt and shame for slaying an innocent unarmed man? Do they understand Elijah died because of their actions? Are they all sociopaths?
Cops are junkies, addicted to power tripping. Addicts are not reasonable people. When someone is addicted to power over other humans, they lose their humanity. This is why so many rulers, politicians, cops, judges, religious leaders... are despicable and act like sociopaths if they weren't already clinically sociopathic.

I'm reminded of that cop training other cops who said that sex with your wife after you kill someone is amazing.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually remember this story from last year. I remember seeing the video in the OP. Kid seemed cool as fuck and I remember thinking to myself, what the fuck could he have done? Watching that arrest video just destroyed me. I've been here less and less due to work stress, quarantine and general depression. The killing of George Floyd and Briana Taylor, Ahmaud Aubrey and countless others just solidifies my complete disdain for the concept of "white". Especially given the amount of police contact I've had in my 37 years. I've honestly never been this angry, sad, and depressed in my entire life... time to see a therapist because this shit is starting to be too much. I've never experienced this much seething HATE.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
I heard about this yesterday. The body cams magically falling off, the ketamine, his last words... Every person involved in his murder needs to be put in jail asap.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Just from the little video in that tweet in the OP you can just tell he is the most harmless pleasant person you could meet, reading what happened to him upset me a lot.

Our police here in the UK are shitty enough but the cops over in the US are so far beyond our UK cops in shittyness, I only hope that justice will be served but I'm guessing it wont.