• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
People need to stop with this shit. No such mechanism exists- the election is not a federal process. It doesn't matter if we're in the middle of World War 5 against Skynet- we're holding a Presidential election every 4 years. Now, those elections will be twisted by the electoral college, ratfucked at the local level and completely obfuscated by billion-dollar disinformation campaigns, but we'll still have them, crooked as they are.
What mechanism exists if a state or region decides not to hold the election?

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should update the title to reflect that 3 prosecutors have resigned. There's nothing normal about that.

Oct 31, 2017
Full speed ahead towards fascism!

Americans, and all decent, kind, loving people all around the world, need to absolutely be prepared for the worst and prepared to see and do things that they'd never have thought possible.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Am I understanding this right? Dude is unwilling to lie or tell a court the Executive is corrupt so he is quitting?

This bullshit of "keeping decorum" when Barr is ripping the DOJ apart is what happened with Mueller and some of these assholes need to start talking right fucking now to cameras.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It's seriously becoming time to drag people out of the White House and Capitol by their ankles. Physically.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is not one of Trump's supporters bothered by the fact that he's running the government like the damned mob. At least they have the good sense of doing so behind closed doors instead of out in the open.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, witness tampering, obstruction, threatening a federal judge, how much time should that be? Weekend of parole?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Another day.

"You're just being defeatist! When you vote in November everything will be peachy!"

I'm tired to being pissed on and being told it's rain.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that someone is at least documenting this shit so when the Democratas get into power, start investigating this shit and airing all the laundry. Seems to be the only way to play this game.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is not one of Trump's supporters bothered by the fact that he's running the government like the damned mob.

"Trump, Stone, etc. didn't do anything wrong. The charges are all a bunch of Democratic BS ginned up to attack the president and his allies. Sure, they're fighting back hard with all the tools at their disposal. Wouldn't you if you were being railroaded?"

And so on.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Well, if a state decided not to participate in a presidential election, then its electors would forfeit their vote(s) and they would not be counted in the final tally. Not sure how that gives anyone a leg up. Taking this year, for instance, no blue state is going to do that, and any red state that did so would only be playing itself.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

"We have no idea why we even prosecuted your honor" jfc

When Barr inevitably announces the results of his sham investigations into 2016 and the Bidens, how is anyone supposed to take him seriously?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
^

BiRprGA.png

VBsIK4M.jpg

Brian Schatz @brianschatz

Just want to thank Senate Republicans for pre-approving whatever fresh hell emerges during 2020.

3:43 PM - Feb 11, 2020

Last edited:

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA

Jordan Fabian @Jordanfabian

President Trump tells reporters in the Oval Office he did not speak to DOJ about Roger Stone's sentencing, but he would have the right to do so. He called the department's initial recommendation "ridiculous" and "an insult to our country," @josh_wingrove reports

4:38 PM - Feb 11, 2020

Trump didn't have to with Barr willing to do the dirty work himself. Presumably, Barr is aware of Trump's twitter activity. That's enough.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of sad that these counts carry such light sentences on their own for how serious the ramifications can be.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Forget signature legislation. The next President's first order of business needs to be arresting all of these guys (Trump included) and dumping them in a CIA black site.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
How is not one of Trump's supporters bothered by the fact that he's running the government like the damned mob. At least they have the good sense of doing so behind closed doors instead of out in the open.
They're fine with a king, as long as it's a white, racist king. Can't have a black president use even one executive order though, how dare that black man not know his place.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Even though Barr would have done this bootlicking to serve his master anyway, what's the odds that Trump didn't make phonecalls or let it be known he was gonna spring his friend just because?

Oct 31, 2017
Donald and his mob have to have back-channel means of communicating. There's no doubt in my mind that there's coordination happening.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure every state needs to claim their electoral college votes in time or the election process will simply continue without them. So I don't think there is any real risk of this happening.
Theoretically Trump could refuse to leave the White House and try to command the Army and whatnot while no longer having the authority to do so, but I can't imagine anyone listening to him if there is a obviously legitimate president elect. Now, if the election becomes such a shitshow that nobody knows what's going on (what are the odds of that, huh?) then we might have a problem.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
I don't even know how people consider the USA a first world country anymore. Shit healthcare, terrible education, corruption in the government basically coming out in every single way possible.

but 'MURICA, fuck yeah KKona

(last part was /s if it wasn't obvious)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how people consider the USA a first world country anymore. Shit healthcare, terrible education, corruption in the government basically coming out in every single way possible.

Certain parts of US are first world but certain parts are definitely not. Also depends very much on which level of income bracket you are in.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

We're 25% of the world's economy with less than 5% of the population, we have a lot of problems but are absolutely a first world country. We also have the best Universities in the world. Hyperbole like this doesn't accomplish anything