• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
D4cwDT7W4AAV8w8.jpg:large

This is amazing

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Is it me or doesn't they dug deep in this investigation. Did they go after his taxes and finances? Or maybe that is were those offspring investigations are for?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or doesn't they dug deep in this investigation. Did they go after his taxes and finances? Or maybe that is were those offspring investigations are for?

we now know that there are atleast 14? other investigations going on related to matters that arose from the SCO investigation.

my guess is yes, those are the ones diving deep into financial crimes.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
The I am fucked quote pretty much proves to me that he is guilty. its infruriating that the special counsel found fucking nothing to charge with him after two years. like wtf.
They found plenty to charge with but didn't BECAUSE he's the president and they followed department guidelines. In their eyes they could not indict.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The I am fucked quote pretty much proves to me that he is guilty. its infruriating that the special counsel found fucking nothing to charge with him after two years. like wtf.

They found plenty to charge both him and others with. But since Trump is the president Mueller left the job of charging him with obstruction of justice to Congress.

Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic party have to act now. The criminal wrongdoing of Trump and his associates cannot go unaddressed. They have to be held accountable for the future of this country.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
About 61 pages in so far. Some interesting shit. Loved the way after Trump told Russia to hack Hillary, literally 5 hours later intelligence noted the first ever hack into her personal office.

The Seth Rich murder was touched on here too. So Assange and the GRU we're attempting to blame the DNC leaks on him. I wonder how much evidence exists on the potentiality of the GRU assassinating Rich to pin this on him?

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What makes you think that there wont be? Do you except a coup? If that happens then sure, go all anarchist. Until then, stay on the ground. We need you here.

I think when you consider what has been permitted so far, its not difficult to imagine some scenario where a national emergency is declared and the election "postponed" with a vague date of "until we can understand what is going on" being set.

I appreciate the "we need you here" comment because its true. We all need to stay grounded and fight in ways that matter and ways that don't drain us of our stamina before we are needed most. However, I think its not out of the realm of possibility for the GOP to basically back any play the President wants to make, including some crazy "temporary" martial law/safety now/elections later scenario. It feels like he gets away with murder already, so you start to believe the line he can't cross no longer exists.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
OMG, the "He was too stupid to be indicted" for Trump Jr. That would work if your talking about a 5 year old or even a 12 year old...but a grown-ass man. Let a black/hispanic/asian do the same thing and watch as we get prosecuted for 20+ years...this white protection is ridiculous.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Manafort sharing that private polling information with an associate of Russian Intelligence. Trump Jr providing the hard evidence that he, Kushner and Manafort met with a Russian lawyer they explicitly knew was there on behalf of the Russian Government in their efforts to help Trump by providing damaging information about Hillary, while Trump was in the building as well. Trump publicly arranging conspiracy over the emails--you hack them, we'll reward you. Trump Tower Moscow, which was outside Mueller's mandate, is the most obvious quid pro quo you can envision between Putin and Trump. All of the numerous incidences of cooperation between Trump Jr & Stone, and Trump, with Wikileaks who were clearly acting as Russian allies in this interference campaign, receiving the stolen emails from the Russian government hackers and disseminating them.

You can go on and on about all the copious other evidence already known and much more now included in this report (the Cohen "stopped tapes" text for one), and the scores of other contacts between the campaign and Russia. I don't know what insanely high standard of establishing conspiracy that Mueller is using, but it's proven as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, I don't see why that all isn't enough.

Obstruction is not only open and shut, but openly stated as a minimum of 10 counts. Then Mueller states this obstruction was quite successful (by his staff at least) and heavily implies it's a big reason they couldn't prove conspiracy.

In a sane world, Trump would be done right now.

It's insane what hyper-partisanship and Murdoch propaganda wrought on parts of the Anglosphere. After this - and whatever happens with the UK and Brexit - is over, both countries should take a hard look in the mirror and do a hard reset. Rework the US constitution, pass laws that regulate things left to "norms", ban the excess of money in politics (your Senate races individually can have more money spent than the German federal elections and I'm not just talking Cali and Teas here,) ban infomercials masquerading as legit news, unify voting laws, guarantee voting rights, rework he SC, maybe do proportional representation and probably lots more that an outsider can't come up with in a coupe of minutes.

Don't fret to much about it, just do it. At least you didn't start a world war like Germany or overrun Europe a la Napolean before needing a new system, no shame in a litle do-over.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
OMG, the "He was too stupid to be indicted" for Trump Jr. That would work if your talking about a 5 year old or even a 12 year old...but a grown-ass man. Let a black/hispanic/asian do the same thing and watch as we get prosecuted for 20+ years...this white protection is ridiculous.
Yes, the SDNY will get him anyway.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I can't believe we harassed one of the best president of all time, we should've believed him when he said he was telling the truth.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Did Trump's team see the unredacted version of this? If so, wouldn't they now know about the other investigations and be able to tip people off?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Trump went around asking everyone to obstruct justice for him. Even people IN the justice and intelligence community.

He WANTED to do it, but nobody was willing to do it for him because everyone except him knew.

The only thing he could do himself was fire James Comey, and he had Sessions and Rosenstein recommend he be fired to try and cover his ass on that too.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
About 61 pages in so far. Some interesting shit. Loved the way after Trump told Russia to hack Hillary, literally 5 hours later intelligence noted the first ever hack into her personal office.

The Seth Rich murder was touched on here too. So Assange and the GRU we're attempting to blame the DNC leaks on him. I wonder how much evidence exists on the potentiality of the GRU assassinating Rich to pin this on him?

The laws in place just dont make sense.

You can go on stage and plead that someone hack someone else for your benefit... but as long as you werent in the room doing the hacking and disseminating of the information, youre totally risk free of charges.

lolwut?

Do they not understand what kind of loop hole this opens up? Do they not see how this is going to be used as political warfare for centuries to come? We now have a clear way to commit an illegal act and get away with it to win the presidency.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think when you consider what has been permitted so far, its not difficult to imagine some scenario where a national emergency is declared and the election "postponed" with a vague date of "until we can understand what is going on" being set.
If this is the current ERA mindset, I fear for your future. Get some perspective, please

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Genuine question, what do you think actually comes of all of this?
This political fight will all still be going on while Trump is trying to get reelected in addition to the other criminal investigations Mueller handed off. The reporting of the media and insistence of Democrats on investigating all of this has been justified beyond any doubt by people still living in this reality (AKA those outside of his 30%). Trump will have to try to win some of those people over to stay in office by touting his incredibly unpopular tax cuts, his incredibly unpopular attacks on the ACA, his judicial appointments, and his made up achievements with immigration/North Korea/etc.

Oh, and all of this is also ammo against Republican legislators for the elections.

Oct 25, 2017
You know the normal things...................

"But Rogers did not perceive the Presidents request to be an order"

That's because Trump doesn't give orders. He speaks like a mob boss and those around him know exactly what he wants when he says things this way.

It's clear as day that Trump broke the law, colluded with Russians and attempted to obstruct the investigation but hard evidence has been difficult to find due to the use of encrypted communication and Trumps mob-speak.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Are you really implying Black Lives Matter was a Russian op?
I don't think that's what they're saying... however... the report DOES make note of some BLM Facebook groups that were controlled by the Russian IRA.

The goal, as I understand it, was to latch onto certain issues and push for confrontation, discord, etc. And, seemlingly, they did that quite well.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
So they had somewhere between 1% - 99% evidence, but without 100% they couldnt convict.

Its insane to me that this is how our legal system works for those in power. Last time I checked, we put people in prison on suspicion without 100% evidence every hour of every single day.

It makes me sick to my stomach.
Hopefully the SDNY won't agree and prosecute him even if it's 99%.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Sorry if posted already. Statement from Trump's 2020 Campaign Manager.

"fully and completely exonerated"
"it's time to investigate the liars who instigated this sham investigation... based on no evidence whatsoever"