• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
or maybe...advocate for specific policy that strikes at the root causes that brought about Trump instead of crying about an impeachment that never happens? As long as Citizens United stands, all the impeachment in the world is a waste of time

Citizens United has nothing to do with a foreign government colluding with a Presidential campaign

Stop talking out of your ass

Apr 9, 2019
CLT

This is hilariously embarrassing but I'm still not sure that the average person cares enough for it to be made an issue. After all, the Democrats are still playing the "I want everyone to like me" game. I'm pretty sure Pelosi transparently stated that impeachment proceedings wouldn't occur simply because impeachments aren't "popular."

Christ, what a mess.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
I was on the side of "election results > impeachment" (still kind of am), but you can't ignore this document, it's staggering. Congress needs to act. But the public needs to mobilize too. If the conduct in this document is treated as acceptable, then we are down a path of no return regardless of who wins in 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Personal attacks against another member (post-count shaming)
Impeachment is political. Even if you dont impeach or prosecute, this incestigation is POLITICAL in that it shows how CORRUPT this admin and the Republican party is. If you think that doesnt damage his chances in 2020 then you are an idiot.

It won't and it doesn't look like your new account here will either

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So Don Jr. isn't in jail right now because of the ol' 'I didn't know I couldn't do that" excuse?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was always known that the Special Counsel would not indict Donald per policy. It was always going to be up to Congress, and Mueller has been referring investigation out to other agencies..

I guess, but I'm glued to the TV and half of these anchors are attorneys and asking why Mueller didn't bring up charges himself. The waters are really muddy here.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
trump is not getting impeached.

he's also prob going to win again in 2020.

both of these things have been obvious for the last year or so.

ugh.

Deleted member 12224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At what point will people stop asking "are impeachment proceedings and a subsequent trial in the Senate good for Democrats? what if it helps Republicans? what if he's impeached but not convicted? how does that play in Wisconsin?" and ask "is this the proper course of action to uphold the rule of law in this country"?

I cynically expect politicians to have their gamesmanship political analysis supersede adherence to law and order, but the public turning into armchair pundits is levels beyond.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
or maybe...advocate for specific policy that strikes at the root causes that brought about Trump instead of crying about an impeachment that never happens? As long as Citizens United stands, all the impeachment in the world is a waste of time
Before you start using words like "Citizens United" (a decision that has to do with campaign finance spending and nothing to do with impeachment proceedings) you should probably understand what they mean.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You can forget about impeachment. Straight-up, it's not happening. You need a 2/3rds majority vote in the Senate to impeach, which will never, ever happen so long as McConnell and Republicans are in control of it.
This isn't really accurate. You need a simple majority in the House to impeach. But you do need a supermajority in the Senate to convict and remove, which the GOP would never vote for under any circumstance against a Republican president or official.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
everyone who doesn't want impeachment is a Russian operative!!!!!

No, just naive idiots who think watching Russia Today is counter culture and a source of anti-western views that are in no way dictated by the single funder of RT... the Russian government.

You know, the very definition of useful idiots.

Oct 27, 2017
One set of laws for the rich and powerful, one set of laws for everyone else.
The hammer needs to fall on Trump and everyone else involved.
This. This country is absolute bullshit in applying laws to the nobility class and financial elite. There are most certainly 2 sets of laws. Most of us deal with the "You better stay in line, peasant!" set on a daily basis.

Money as a vehicle of influence must be removed from politics.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
If anything they should go after Barr first. He is a proven liar in an official capacity mere days in to his tenture. He needs to be removed.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Does the report contain the summaries that were written by Muller's team? And if so, are the redacted at all?

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the glossary:

ss3pUcm.png

Crocus is the one referenced in the Pee Tape portion that Rick Wilson tweeted. The original Pee Tape allegation was that Trump was recorded in 2013 while visiting for the Moscow-hosted Miss Universe pageant.

Fuck.

We thought the Kraft video was gonna be bad. This shit is real.

Oct 28, 2017
Boy, is that Dmitriev-Erik Prince-Nader-Bannon stuff fishy as hell. It's a pity that they don't appear to have been able to pin anything on Prince. The world would be better off if he were serving a lengthy jail sentence.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
And the Left will cling to the facts of the report. The right will cling to the Barr Summary.

And frankly the Republicans in the Senate will continue to be complacent in Trumps BS and nothing will happen.

At the end of the day this is just more ammo for the 2020 elections. Hopefully sanity wins out.

Depressing how corrupt our government is.

Only 18 percent of people believed Barr's summary.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/29/7077...g-majority-wants-full-mueller-report-released

18 percent!