• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

LOL

b0icqgt.gif

(directed at anyone who supports this clown obviously)

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit!

"Although the investigation established the the Russian government received it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, AND THAT THE CAMPAIGN EXPECTED IT WOULD BENEFIT ELECTORALLY FROM INFORMATION STOLEN AND RELEASED THROUGH RUSSIAN EFFORTS…"

That's the prefix to Barr's NO COLLUSION partial sentence.

Yeah just read that. I thought the sentence fragment was suspicious but holy shit that's a hell of a prefix.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Unless I missed it it looks like there's at least 4-5 FULL pages redacted, with at least multiple dozens more heavily redacted, and hundreds lightly redacted.

Saying the entire report was "lightly redacted" is an outright lie. Entire pages and sections missing.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So basically to sum up some of the take aways here that I saw;

1. Trump being so dumb that he didn't knowingly commit a crime in the collusion angle might not have been a joke

2. Mueller flat out punts obstruction to Congress and flat out characterized the conduct as corrupt

3. Barr is going to get lit the fuck up the next time he appears in public

4. Good god Trump Jr is a dumbass

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Holy shit!

"Although the investigation established the the Russian government received it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, AND THAT THE CAMPAIGN EXPECTED IT WOULD BENEFIT ELECTORALLY FROM INFORMATION STOLEN AND RELEASED THROUGH RUSSIAN EFFORTS…"

Wow! Fuck him!

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I'll wait for the version with this sticker
rectangle-decals-front_2.png

instead of the censored version.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
So much to unpack and I'm going to be on my fucking phone all day.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm happy this confirms what was obvious to anyone paying attention: that Trump was very obviously trying to obstruct justice. The thought that that could have been so easily overlooked made me lose faith entirely. Didn't make sense at all.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
So basically to sum up some of the take aways here that I saw;

1. Trump being so dumb that he didn't knowingly commit a crime in the collusion angle might not have been a joke

2. Mueller flat out punts obstruction to Congress and flat out characterized the conduct as corrupt

3. Barr is going to get lit the fuck up the next time he appears in public

4. Good god Trump Jr is a dumbass
For point 1. They coordinated with Wikileaks, but since they didn't participate in the hack it wasn't a crime. So even if they didn't commit a crime, they colluded.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, so this is pretty damning for him and the whole Barr circus was him just saying yeah I don't agree. Get fucked dude.

Mueller is explicitly saying this is congress' job too. Can't wait for them to do nothing about it! It's time for the public pressure.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Reposting from the other thread, but here's an important qualifier:
0ftottS.jpg

If there were any accountability in Washington, this would be treated like a "lack of institutional control" charge by the NCAA.

Even if you didn't explicitly condone criminal activity, the operation is run so poorly and with so many holes that it invites criminal activity.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome. It's a horrible look for the president and the whole thing hasn't even been released!

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I like that there are sections whose titles are redacted, but it's own subsections aren't. Case in point: Section III.D.1 under the Trump campaign/dissemination of hacked materials

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit!

Holy shit, indeed.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
"Senate results and 2020 results be damned"

So what's the objective?

to have it said in the history books that they condemned and fought in every sense that they could

sometimes shit happens and it's not about being 100% about a political goal---blowback for 2020 election shouldn't even be considered in the face of this stuff

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
2364372_0.jpg

Some parts of this report is just a gigantic bar code.
"Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter". "Harm to ongoing matter".
I think you mean, "Barr Code"😉

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Now congress supenas the un redacted file while also figuring out how to use the redacted file to hold some people accountable because there is some new stuff here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

So the conclusion boils down to that Russia wanted Trump to win and did stuff in the hopes of helping him win, but that the Trump campaign didn't totally conspire with them to do so; they just benefited from it. I mean, that sort of ignores the Wikileaks stuff and Trump literally saying to "Russia" during a press conference that it would be great if they would hack Hillary's emails. But whatever.

Either way, I think there's more meat in obstruction claims now rather than confirmed collusion. In the end, it's not that Trump colluded with Russia, it's that he tried to mess with the investigation because he's a paranoid piece of shit.

But at the end of the day, he's not getting impeached and kicked out of office. Not with this Senate. What this stuff should do is completely disqualify him in the eyes of voters in the 2020 election. But it won't, because Trump does so much terrible stuff that no one narrative can stick to and taint him. With Hillary, it was "EMAILS!" or "BENGHAZI!" With Trump, there's so much stuff that it all just blends together, allowing Trump and his propaganda cronies to shape the narrative by being louder and simpler than the mess.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
"The investigation also identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump campaign."

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how Congress is going to find cause to charge Trump with a crime from a redacted report if Mueller couldn't drum up a single one from the non-redacted one.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how Congress is going to find cause to charge Trump with a crime from a redacted report if Mueller couldn't drum up a single one from the non-redacted one.

It appears he was punting the whole thing to them anyway, based on tweets. The problem of course is Barr, the GOP, and Fox News are all implying because Mueller didn't charge him, he's clear.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys.
Hey.

Heyy.

Remember when people were saying no megatons would be coming today.