• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Corruption at the highest levels. Tar and feathers are the only thing that come to mind anymore. I don't think a vote can fix America.
A little off topic but, I've been listening to some union folks and far left talk about this and I truly believe that change through electoral politics is probably a dead end if RBG dies or becomes incapacitated. I think the only real power the little people have got left is the strike and worker action. Chicago and West Virginia's strikes are good examples of what we'll have to do on state and even national levels if we want to force the hand of all three branches of government. Dems will probably be constantly hamstrung by the SCOTUS even if they control congress and the executive branch going forward.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Figured this news would drop Friday night, not now. I wonder what the big story will be tomorrow?

Monday is when the Supreme Court tells us that Trump is immune from investigation for state crimes, as well as the Trump Organization, and all of his friends and family by proxy.

5-4, both sides, but her emails, etc.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
uWGUO13.png

Every God damned day.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing matters except voting.

It's the very last remote chance good people have left for even imperfectly dealing with this shit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
If the Democrats don't make an example out of this administration's corruption, they're either A) foolishly naive or B) they want this shit to keep happening whenever the Republicans take power.

Which means, they're complicit.

It will be a mix of

1)"Heal the partisan divide"
2)We've got bigger fish to fry because our economy is on fire
3)Maybe WE can use these same loopholes in the future because obviously we would NEVER use it for evil!

Sadly though, I blame 1 & 2 on us. There really isn't enough of a thirst for justice in America because too many think everything is just fine. There's a chance post Covid some will wake up, but im not holding my breath

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
A little off topic but, I've been listening to some union folks and far left talk about this and I truly believe that change through electoral politics is probably a dead end if RBG dies or becomes incapacitated. I think the only real power the little people have got left is the strike and worker action. Chicago and West Virginia's strikes are good examples of what we'll have to do on state and even national levels if we want to force the hand of all three branches of government. Dems will probably be constantly hamstrung by the SCOTUS even if they control congress and the executive branch going forward.

Stacking the Supreme Court becomes the only option. If that means that Republicans reverse stack in when they get into power, at least it returns the ability to effect change via election.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Please vote in november

If trump gets another SC pick we are going to be fucked for decades

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
The guy was a fucking FOREIGN AGENT while working for the Trump campaign.

What a fucking joke.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Only good thing if trump is gone. And they charge him with the next administration he can't get pardoned

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Banana Republic.

Our last chance is November and protests in between now and then that don't involve catching or supporting spread of coronavirus.

We really have to fix this.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remind me what is more corrupt: a third world country or the United States of America.

And what is the utility of this comparison? What exactly are you trying to say?

EDIT: The US has done more damage to the international community through its policies, espionage, and imperialism than all third world countries. Also, look at the post below mine and think very carefully about it.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just so tired.

And I'm a white dude. I can't imagine how it must be for all others.
Most black and hispanic people were saying before the 2016 election that this is just par for the course. It's like dealing with shit cops. Yeah, it's bad, but we've been dealt shit hands from the start anyway. Just keep your head down and vote for something.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Changes nothing.

Trump supporters always felt it was unfair.

Trump haters always felt he was guilty and part of a larger scheme with Trump and Russia.

Nothing changes with this move.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everyone forgets Barr is also hiding the Epstein case under the rug as his dad was the first one to hire two-time college dropout Epstein at the dalton school.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Changes nothing.

Trump haters always felt he was guilty and part of a larger scheme with Trump and Russia.

This isn't true at all. There was at least some hope that justice could be dealt to people like this. That's completly gone. He clearly did something wrong.

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
yup remember this energy you're feeling now in nov cause this is some shameful shit. the man barr picked to 'review' the case was hand picked by sessions himself on the us attorney advisory committee. shit matters - this should be some drag-them-out-into-the-street levels of corruption but it's wormed it's way through our broken system relatively unscathed.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dems had the chance to impeach Barr in the House multiple times and they continued to do nothing against him. He's obviously been corrupt since the abrupt end of the Mueller investigation and his mangling and cover up of the Mueller report.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
jfc, I know I shouldn't get so upset about every single ridiculous thing this idiotic administration does, but seriously what the hell

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this shit goddamnit

When do we get to strike back. This constant flow of awfulness is unbearable

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I feel bad for all those dedicated folks working hard for the FBI trying to deal with this shit.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
New AG when Trump gets his ass booted from office needs to clean house of DOJ officials installed by Barr that aren't career employees. Barr has to be the most corrupt AG in modern history. He's totally politicized the department. Reads like a damn campaign email.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I saw this on twitter and law twitter chiming in

essentially the judge has to approve the dismissal/withdrawal of charges. There is some hope this still sticks given its Judge Sullivan.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This doesn't upset me. Knowing the fact that the Democrats will not pursue legal action against Trump admin after they win is what will really burn my soul. :(

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
So, we've become one of "those" countries huh? We're not even going to try to hide it anymore. Just 'this is who we are, deal with it!

Fucking disgraceful.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Changes nothing.

To be clear, he lied (to Pence explicitly and everyone in the admin by omission) about his coordination with Ambassador Kislyak (former Soviet Union spymaster Kislyak). Then he lied about it to the FBI.

Because Russia knew of these lies, this gave them leverage over at least one higher up in the Trump Administration.

So let's be clear, this isn't just about lying. This is about giving our greatest adversary leverage over our country.

And now Trump is already talking about returning this traitor to his administration.

Trump supporters may feel this is unfair but that means they are either supporting of traitors or just stupid. Or both.

Last edited: