• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
source.gif
this

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
This is on my list as well to watch. Not that I forgot about it or pushing it off for something else, but I want to watch this when I get my new setup later this year so I can watch it in the best possible manner outside of the theater. I'm doing the same for a bunch of movies I haven't seen yet as well.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Easily my favorite comic book movie of 2018. All around great movie with stellar visuals. <3

OP
OP
Altair

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
A year though...to set aside 2 hours for your favorite Spidey doesn't seem odd. Have you not watched 2 hours of content in that period?

Like I said, I kind of forgot about it. I saw it when browsing Netflix. I don't know why Miles being my favorite Spidey means the movie has to be at the forefront of my mind at the time. Batman is my favorite DC hero, but I didn't see Batman Begins or The Dark Knight rises right away either.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I thought the marketing for this movie was awful. The trailers cut around too much, making the comic book style look weird and janky, and the scene they showed after Venom is still probably my least favorite scene in the movie.

I wasn't too excited to see it, but I was so impressed by it. I thought Miles, Peter, and Gwen were phenomenal, and while I didn't care much for two of the other three since they were largely just comic relief, they were never overly annoying, and Nicolas Cage's Spider Noir Had the film's best lines.

It's really pretty, and once 8k becomes more of a thing, I'm excited to see this movie in it. I still prefer Far From Home to it, but it's probably my #2 favorite Spidey movie.

Dec 12, 2017
Like I said, I kind of forgot about it. I saw it when browsing Netflix. I don't know why Miles being my favorite Spidey means the movie has to be at the forefront of my mind at the time.
It just struck me as odd seeing as you said he was your favorite. It actually doesn't really matter. You finally saw it, as you said.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's the OP's favorite Spidey but they couldn't be bothered to prioritize seeing it for over a year after its release...and forgot about it.

k

This isn't very nice.

A year though...to set aside 2 hours for your favorite Spidey doesn't seem odd. Have you not watched 2 hours of content in that period?

I can't tell if you're shaming the OP for not putting the time aside or calling them a liar, but either way, why bother? They seemed to have enjoyed the movie so why not just celebrate that?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the OP's favorite Spidey but they couldn't be bothered to prioritize seeing it for over a year after its release...and forgot about it.

k

I mean I have a favorite transformer and haven't seen a whole anything of transformers in 30 years.

My favorite metal band - who I love - doesn't necessarily get me to buy every album.

I also have a favorite IPA and I don't even like IPA.

I really enjoyed S1 of Baki but haven't watched S2.

Like the OP I often catch up on shit I love and regret not doing it sooner. It's fine. It's normal.

WHAT'S UP STRANGER!

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I watched it in theaters and bought it as soon as it was available. It's pretty great.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least the dude is admitting he should be put on ignore by everyone.

Anyway I love Spider-Verse to bits and it's my all time favourite superhero movie but the misuse of the rest of the Spiders except for Gwen (who even then is kinda eh) and that scene where Miles' dad finds his brother in a supervillain costume and pays no mind to this, develop a grudge against Spider-Man, and then get over it for the finale, are two pretty big blemishes on an otherwise flawless pastry.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
To put my feelings into perspective, Spiderman 2 and Spiderverse own the one two spots for best superhero flick. It depends on how I'm feeling for the day as to which is one.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love when people discover this movie, can't help but give a little side eye whenever people are like "whoa this movie was so good I ignored it for a year and was surprised it was this good!"

Like why. Everyone who saw this movie was raving about it. Felt like half of box office Era was like "ehhhh, I'll wait until it's on Netflix, brb going to see Aquaman for the sixth time" Seeing cartoons in the theater, preposterous, as opposed to seeing movies that are like 80% CGI anyway.
People have lives. Jesus Christ.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I know, why are you just now watching it? Don't really have an answer to be honest. It just wasn't a priority for me when it first came out and then I just forgot about it.

But holy shit was this scene so damn good.

Seeing my favorite Spidey suit up like that was pure hype!

That scene still gives me chills. So good.

Absolutely love the movie. Looks so good in 4k HDR too. One of those movies i'm happy to rewatch at any moment.

Yeah, watching it in 4k you can actually see that the movie looks like a living comic book.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My 4 year old loves this movie. We have practically watched it daily for the last 2 months. Still not tired of it. Its fantastic.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love this movie and its my favorite depiction of Peter Parker from all media. I felt for the guy throughout the movie and that conversation with Miles at the end got me choked up, his "You gotta go home man" hit me hard.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still salty that they never released that version of What's Up Danger. Even more salty that I am that lots of people didn't go to see it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
People have lives. Jesus Christ.
Just to be clear I'm talking exclusively about the always-online Era/miscellaneous Internet culture that goes out of their way to see (subjectively, OBVIOUSLY) inferior superhero films, often multiple times (hence the Aquaman comment) but for whatever reason just can't bother giving Spider-Verse a chance and act like it's this huge shock when they like it even though everyone said they would.

I'm aware no one can make time for everything, lord knows there's plenty of nerd stuff I've missed out on (I didn't see Lord of the Rings for like, ten years). I just always seem to see this weirdly dismissive attitude about Spider-Verse from the people who haven't seen it, and when they finally get around to watching the damn thing do a total 180 on. If you go through the old box office threads or early discussions about it on this forum you'll see plenty of examples. Hell I swear I've even seen a few people on here explicitly rule out seeing it in theaters because it's animated, which is just bizarre to me.

Last edited:

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
It has become my favorite super hero film by a pretty wide margin. I love the different styles of animation, the soundtrack, the characters. I love it all. I wish they did a lot more animate hero films with this kind of love and attention. Miles was always a character that had a lot of potential to be truly great, and I feel like this movie has really helped people understand why he is such a good addition to the franchise.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Miles deserves better than more inter-dimensional cross-over movies and have the spotlight on his growing hero career in the sequel, but I ain't complaining

I mean, that should have been the job of the comics that he originates from. But they sucked. Spiderverse had the nigh-impossible task of not only delivering on the multiverse pitch that likely got it greenlit in first place (cause Sony probably doesn't want two Spider-Man franchises focusing on the solo careers of a single Spider-Man), but simultaneously rehabilitating Miles and finally making him work as a lead character.

It still amazes me that they managed to pull all this off, and in under two hours to boot. Lord and Miller are running circles around most of Hollywood at this point.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will also say that this movie had quite possible the best credits and after credit scene of any hero movie. Movie was a great watch from start to finish.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
One of the best. Smiling from ear to ear the whole time I watched this film. Plus it got me to like Miles, and for that I will be forever grateful

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Best that Miles has ever been and he still kinda "eh"

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Couldn't care less about Marvel movies, I liked the first two Rami Spiderman but that's the extent of my comic book affinity. I gave this movie a shot a few months ago at the recommendation from my SO and was blown away. Absolutely fantastic and gorgeous movie