• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

This entire contraption seems like it would be so damn uncomfortable to use.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
No. I did get my own little revenge on a particularly rubbish co-worker. Standard useless team leader. Senior status because of just being there the longest. Couldn't/didn't do their job, bad with staff/customers. Leaving early, unfunny, racist, nosey, bad breath - the works. Also part time DJ and wouldn't shut up about it.

A former employee had a one point gifted him a basic digital Casio watch. She hated him, we all did but she just gave it him. The strap broke and he kept bringing it in. Placing it next to him where ever he was stationed and telling everyone (all of us who already knew) how he got it. For a month.

So I pinched it. Had it mounted and framed with a little brass plaque, explaining how he got it and gave it to one of my co-workers as a leaving present. He moped for a day and bought a new one. She still has it displayed as a trophy. He doesn't know.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Go to HR rather than acting like an ass next time. It's what they're there for.

HR's job is to protect the company. If getting rid of the "complainer" is easier, they will do it (or try). Always be cautious going to HR and bring the receipts and witnesses.
HR is not your friend.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Snap at someone for telling a story they've already told but do nothing about literal shit they leave behind. That's not a "good call out". Being a medical office I really hope this is a work of fiction.

OP
OP
Papa Satanás

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
She sounds like a nightmare OP.

The email thing, fuck me that's dumb. Someone needs to calculate the cost to the company in paper and toner and binders and so on just so she can pointlessly create waste. She keeps them so she can go back over them if need be? Like that would work, the idiot, 1000 times quicker to simply filter outlook by a name or a subject or whatever than trying to flip through 4000 pages of old correspondence across what I assume is multiple binders.

My company is on a real drive to reduce printing costs once someone did the calcs and realised current usage, people printing emails and reports that they really don't need to was costing almost £200k a year.

Our office is actually mostly paperless, aside from her. I hate to say but she may be balancing it out heh

If she'd at least stop giving copies to people who expressly don't want it, that would be nice. "Oh, just throw it out then!" is getting to be a bitch.

OP
OP
Papa Satanás

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
Snap at someone for telling a story they've already told but do nothing about literal shit they leave behind. That's not a "good call out". Being a medical office I really hope this is a work of fiction.

Yeah, that was my plan. Write a story for era, but start without deets because I love getting dogpiled. Makes sense.

I don't think any of us want this lady fired. One way or another, she does her work. This poo thing would probably get her canned.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
I once got into a fistfight with a coworker with a penchant for saying racist shit. I washed him, they covered it up, and transferred him to another department, where he eventually got fired.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
No, I try to be above all the pettiness of my work place and management appreciates it by leaving me alone. It's part of why I can barely do anything and no one notices. They think I'm no nonsense and hard working. It took a good 6 or 7 years to get here, but here I am and it's great.
It is nice, isn't it? I get in that place sometimes, but have to reset expectations and reputation every couple years when we have big management changes. Unfortunately, my health has taken a bit of a nose dive coinciding with the most recent change, so I've been that guy that calls off all the time.