• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
My girlfriend and I have a habit of playing party games a bit, even though it's normally just the two of us, although we do play them with her brother too a fair bit when he's around.

We knew her brother was coming over here for the day today and I wanted to get something new for us to try and I had read a lot of positive things about Jackbox and saw them on sale on PSN and wanted to see what people suggested, so I ended up going for Pack 3 and we've had a blast today, particularly with Quiplash and Trivia Murder Party. I had a brief look at some of the other packs but I'm not entirely sure which ones are best or most suited to us as a group normally of 3. I was probably looking at Pack 5 next (particularly because of a look I had at Mad Verse City which looks like a good laugh) but does anyone have any other suggestions?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We've had a couple of topics on this in the pack, I think the general consensus is that 3 is the strongest pack of the bunch (so good call on picking that up). 5 is pretty good, espicially with the 2018 version of YDKJ that can support up to 8 players now and the absurdity of Mad Verse Cities raps being great, Split the Room is one of my favourite scenario games where you have to come up with the answer that perfectly splits the room in half, Patently Stupid is a fun drawing game and the only weak link is Zeeple Dome (Which is pretty bad), 4 is fairly solid with Fibbage 3 and if you can get into it, Monster Dating Monster is a fun spin on the deduction genre (although it is a little more complex than your standard Jack Box game). 2 maybe the weakest, with Quiplash 2 and Fibbage being succeded by later pack versions of them, Bidiots being way too complex for the Jackbox Pack style games and Earwax being, a little bit flat of a game. Bomb-Corp is interesting though, but quite punishing in requiring a lot of repeat content if you mess up.

I would also recommend picking up Drawful 2, a standalone but probably one of the best drawing games in the series, basically fibbage with drawing, draw the prompt as best as you can, if you make a mistake, to bad, gotta make it work somehow, everyone tries to guess what it is (or come up with something close to fool others) and then people try to pick the prompt from the made up answers. It's great fun.

So, 5 and Drawful 2 I would fully recommend, 4 is worth looking into, you can probably skip 2.

Also might be nice looking into Use Your Words as well (Different company but same concept), it has the problem that all the games are roughly the same (fill in the blank) but you will get some fun with coming up with fake subtitles to a cheesy foreign film.

OP
OP
NateDog

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Thanks for the replies guys. I was keeping money I had gifted to me on my account for Sekiro or DMCV at some point but screw it I had a great laugh yesterday so I bought Pack 5 and am definitely going to look into other stuff too like Drawful 2.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys. I was keeping money I had gifted to me on my account for Sekiro or DMCV at some point but screw it I had a great laugh yesterday so I bought Pack 5 and am definitely going to look into other stuff too like Drawful 2.
pack 3 with murder party has always been the most successful game I have done with people.
but yeah pack 5 for you don't know jack is also a solid pick up.

I own all 5 of them and those two are the only ones I really boot up at this time.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Hijacking this thread to ask: other than Drawful 1&2, what good drawing games are there?

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Another question: how well do these games work with touchscreen computers like Surface Pro? Should we just stick to mobile play?

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I just picked up pack 2 and 3. I was thinking of getting 5 for YDKJ. Is it worth it? What about drawful 2? I don't want to get pack 1 since there are better....

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I will get 5 also! In box 2,3 or 5, are there any games like drawful (from pack 1 which is the one I played)

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
So I just picked up pack 2 and 3. I was thinking of getting 5 for YDKJ. Is it worth it? What about drawful 2? I don't want to get pack 1 since there are better....
Ironically my friends aren't as into YDKJ style of trivia (where questions aren't as straightforward), but they really like Trivia Murder Party cause it's straight trivia with a really fun twist.

If you get a chance see if someone is streaming YDKJ online to get a feel for the type of questions you might see.

Trivia Murder Party 2 is coming in Jackbox 6 so I probably will get that too.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
The rap battle game is essential. I wish Jackbox had a hub that allowed you to import all the games from every collection. It's annoying having to switch in and out.