• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Unplugging hose underneath sink, yanked on hose and head went with motion and banged head on sink, started bleeding and am now waiting at the doctors with an ice pack and a bandaid over my head.

Need some gifs or whatever to cheer me up if anyone wants to share lol.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be honest that doesn't sound like the dumbest way.

Y0ZVFtm.jpg

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Ouch. Hope you feel better.

I stapled my own finger with a standard desktop stapler. So I've got you beat.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could be worse. I once hit myself in the balls hiking a football.

Look after your noggin though, dude.

EDIT: Sorry, that was rude. It's not a competition, I know.

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I tripped over a parking block while holding a car seat and then had the car seat fall on me after I hit the ground.

Solidarity, bro.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
One day, a friend of mine came home very drunk, leaned his head against the wall because he was also super tired.
Had to sneeze, headbutted the wall, left a trail of blood all the way up the stairwell to his apartment door. Someone called the cops.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Unplugging hose underneath sink, yanked on hose and head went with motion and banged head on sink, started bleeding and am now waiting at the doctors with an ice pack and a bandaid over my head.

Need some gifs or whatever to cheer me up if anyone wants to share lol.
Couple weeks ago I gave myself another concusion when I dropped something, bent too fast to pick it up, and slammed my head on the desk. You're not alone in dumb head injuries lol.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My mom likes to hang big potted plants from hooks in her ceiling. I was helping her move some stuff around one afternoon a few weeks ago, the work stretched into nightfall. On the way out, the house dark, I started hopping around and dancing with her dog, forgot where one of the hanging pots were, and danced and hopped my head right into the pot and knocked myself out for a while. Woke up drooling all over the floor, all bent up in the position I crumpled into.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'll raise you opening a cupboard, bending down to get something out the bottom cupboard then banging my head off the top open cupboard when I straighten up. This happens multiple times a year, I never learn.

Happened once that the edge went right into the center thing on your head. That was fun.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Broke my foot and toes a week or so ago. Was walking past a corner in my house I have walked past a thousand times. I have stubbed the same foot, the same way, a hundred times. Every single time feels like I just smashed a bag of faberge eggs on a titanium breeze block.

Finally it was true.

I was sort of relieved it was bad because I didn't want the ER nurse to think I was a baby.

Toxic Dadsculinity.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
Feel better soon! Have one in return...

Wanted to -gently- slam the door to the pantry, but didn't realize I had my foot in the door.
Door hits foot, door comes back, door hits face. Bruised temple...

Oct 27, 2017
I hit my head on anything that comes within range. Sometimes the same thing multiple times.

Also, when I was a kid my friend used to have a set of golf clubs, so we used to take the 7 and 5 iron down to the local school field and whack golf balls about. One time I hit the ball, it shot forward, clanged off the rugby posts about 10 metres away, flew back and hit me right in the bollocks.

A billion to one shot, my mind boggles at the incredibly specific physics and geometry required for that to happen.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dont feel bad OP. I just recently moved into a new apartment and it has a stand up shower. I'm used to the bathtub style so I wasn't quite used to the cramped space yet. I bent down to get the shampoo and cracked my head on the way back up on the shower handle. It was hard enough to leave a bump too.

Shit just happens sometimes lol

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'll raise you opening a cupboard, bending down to get something out the bottom cupboard then banging my head off the top open cupboard when I straighten up. This happens multiple times a year, I never learn.

Happened once that the edge went right into the center thing on your head. That was fun.

I'm pretty sure I have a permanent bump on my head from constantly doing this. I'm a fucking idiot.

Also bumped my head on the floor trying to look through a hole in the ceiling in budget cuts VR.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Went to turn the water on to take a shower and didn't realize the last person to use it hadn't pushed the little thing down to make it come from the bottom faucet and not the shower head. I quickly jerked my head back to avoid getting my head wet from cold water and smacked it on a cabinet we have that sits over the toilet.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Broke my foot and toes a week or so ago. Was walking past a corner in my house I have walked past a thousand times. I have stubbed the same foot, the same way, a hundred times. Every single time feels like I just smashed a bag of faberge eggs on a titanium breeze block.

Finally it was true.

I was sort of relieved it was bad because I didn't want the ER nurse to think I was a baby.

Toxic Dadsculinity.

Lets buy a new bed she said. How about this nice one with a really hard sharp cornered wooden frame at shin height she said.

Oww I said. A lot

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I hit my head on anything that comes within range. Sometimes the same thing multiple times.

Also, when I was a kid my friend used to have a set of golf clubs, so we used to take the 7 and 5 iron down to the local school field and whack golf balls about. One time I hit the ball, it shot forward, clanged off the rugby posts about 10 metres away, flew back and hit me right in the bollocks.

A billion to one shot, my mind boggles at the incredibly specific physics and geometry required for that to happen.

And then you designed Angry Birds so its not all bad

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I was setting up our booth at an event, and we had 40" TVs hanging from the truss at the back of the booth. I ducked behind to plug in the power and HDMI, and as I was ducking out, I smack my forehead against the corner of the TV. It left a surprisingly large scar.

I'm bald, so hitting my head hurts so so so much more.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017

One day, you shall have your revenge on that sink.

Welp, hope you're fine and get no scars.

I once dozed off at my office chair, leaned forward and... smacked my forehead on the desk :/

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I lived with my parents for 23 years

Every time I visit them since I moved out and multiple times when I lived with them after I got tall enough, I hit my head on the light above the kitchen table. All the time. No matter what it never stops. It hasn't moved since I was born and yet I still do it.

The other day I walked into a shelf. Just walked into it. Saw something on the floor and walked into it. I now have a bruise.