• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I've watched a lot of his shows on Compound Media. This is pretty damned tame, really. That's behind a paywall, so I doubt any of that will surface

TravoltaWatchesYou

Alt account
Banned
Aug 24, 2019
I never said she was good on SNL I just said she was funny. 🤷🏿‍♀️ I like her work from elsewhere.

She had an amazing streak on the earwolf podcasts before SNL hired her. Shame she's pretty much just an extra on SNL so far.(Although, she's probably doing more than Sasheer Zamata got to)

It feels like once Leslie Jones became a superstar, any other black women on the cast weren't used, which is shitty. It might just seem like that to me since they tried to put Leslie Jones in just about every single skit on the show for years.

Last edited:

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Jeez, that video was bad. Just boring, trite racist comedy. And as someone who just listened to an episode of Stuff You Should Know, the stupidity they're saying about MSG is especially anti-scientific.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
How. Utterly. Disgusting.

The dude also had to throw in Chink?! Wow. The dude couldn't even say Chinese fully! Oh let's also throw in the Ls and Rs because HaHa they can't speak properly. Fuck these two dudes.

Then they had to dunk on MSG?!?!! Nah.

Inb4 their "defenders" are talking about cancel culture and that what they're saying is funny and true (not on Era mind you), and that it's just jokes.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Not really sure why some comedians think being funny and being a fuckwit are the same thing, offensive humor can be amazing but this is just trash.

Mean spirited and ignorant in a way that says way more about those talking than those they are talking about.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Who is that podcast even aimed at? And how did the SNL producers miss it?

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Wow, lot of people jumping on TheMadTitan just because reading the thread title made him think this was likely a James Gunn sitch. I did too - the idea that someone who did something this bad, this recently, could have been hired by a major TV show that must heavily research the comics they employ seemed utterly absurd. And yet here we are.

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SNL should have ended years ago in the early 2000s when the last of their talent left. At best its arachaic lumbering husk of a show, kept on life support out of sheer nostalgia (see The Simpsons) and at worst it's the antithesis of comedy.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, lot of people jumping on TheMadTitan just because reading the thread title made him think this was likely a James Gunn sitch. I did too - the idea that someone who did something this bad, this recently, could have been hired by a major TV show that must heavily research the comics they employ seemed utterly absurd. And yet here we are.
Nah, it's cool; leave them be.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh look, there is more -

In the below clip from another episode, around the 12:00 mark, Gillis and McCusker chat about comedians who adopt a more confessional style, like Judd Apatow and Chris Gethard, and mock them using homophobic slurs, calling them "white f*ggot comics" and "fucking gayer than ISIS." Earlier in the clip, around 2:20, the co-hosts rank how funny comedians are by race, gender, and sexual orientation. "White chicks are literally the bottom," Gillis says. "Ali Wong is making it so Asian chicks are funnier than white chicks."

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like SNL and will continue to watch it, but this guy seems like a real fucking asshole and it'll be tough to enjoy skits with him in it.

Though I have to imagine that there is a good chance he won't even make it to the start of the season. Calling other comedians, especially a guy like Judd Apatow who has a shit-ton of connections to former cast members (used to be roommates with Sandler for example), "white faggot comics" should absolutely hurt his chances at being on the biggest comedy show on TV.

And having watched some of the clips, I don't know that he can use the "but I was just saying edgy shit for comedy" excuse. None of what I saw had even a glimpse of humor. Fucking Kramer had a better chance of blaming it on trying to go for shock comedy, and we all know how well his career went after Seinfeld.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back MADTv. (Watch the reboot!)
I don't think SNL has been good or even tolerable since probably '99? '03 Latest?

Straight trash-a-roni.

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone here pumping up MADTv.... everyone's forgetting the real GOAT - In Living Color.

I stopped watching SNL about 5 years ago, so I can't speak for it's current quality, but this guy will add nothing good to the cast. They should just cut ties.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Guys. Guys. Stop criticizing him for his content. He's trying to be the best comedian ever, and that requires taking risks.

You guys just don't get comedy.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
White owned and created American fast food chains are probably killing more people then MSG.

Yes, let's talk about dishonest food. Racist fucks.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The funny thing about all this is getting cancelled will probably do more for his career than being one of those 1 season white guys like Luke Null and Josh Rud- something or other. Now he's going to launch a career off being the aggrieved, cancelled stand up. I'm already seeing people who've literally never heard of this guy passionately defend him online.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Ego hasn't done shit yet on SNL. The stars of SNL are Cecily, Kate and Keenan. Mikey Day and Beck aren't terrible either.
Yeah, how are you gonna praise Ego and call Cecily trash? Most of the cast is better than Ego, honestly. Like you said, she hasn't done anything on SNL yet. She could be fired in the middle of the season and no one would notice.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
There are ways to do (even for white comics) racial humor. What was in those clips barely passes for that. "Look at these chinks and how funny they sound" is like the type of conversation you'd expect from two racist meatheads at a bar, not in an online/podcast form from supposed aspiring comedy writers. Its not only racist and mean spirited, it's fucking lazy.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is the stuff you find funny when you've only interacted with white people your entire life and you've never been challenged about your not particularly funny racism

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
"HrrrrrNNnnnngggg but white peeple experience racism tooo HhuuuurrrrRRrrRrrrGGggggggGGg"

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet another pathetic bowling pin hiding their cowardly hate behind comedy.

Are there any comedians that lampoon this specific phenomenon or is that a boundary best not pushed?

Also fuck being being cowed because assholes attach "culture" to shit they are afraid of, cancel this shit head.

Status
Not open for further replies.