• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Long story short my poor boy had squamous cell carcinoma right under his tongue and began bleeding quite a bit over the course of the past week. He gradually became less capable of eating and tonight the wound opened up so badly he was just pouring blood out of it. I drove him to the emergency room and had to put him to sleep. At the very least I held him the entire time and gave head rubs till he was out. I don't typically share real personal information on Resetera but it's the middle of the night and I need to let it out. This was Leo and he was a super good boy. He was in my life for 14 years and was an amazing companion. If you have your own pets cuddle them and be thankful for their existence. That bond and connection we share with them is such a beautiful thing.

bLdYOIv.jpg

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for your loss OP. I know how much it hurts to lose your pet friend. All the best ❤️

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So sorry for your loss OP, I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs.
I dread the day something happens to our cat

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Sorry for your loss OP.

We lost our cat two years ago, and it still hurts thinking about it. He had cancer and we had to put him to sleep at the end since he didn't eat or drink anymore. People say we should take another cat, but we didn't want to replace him like a broken appliance.

Maybe next year when we move in another town.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck man such sincere condolences to you, I just cried a lil to myself.

Gonna hug my dogs so hard when I get home from travelling tomorrow.

<3

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I've done this twice. Both times are excruciatingly heartbreaking. Thinking about it now (which I occasionally do)... man.

I'm so sorry mate. It's a deep wound, but it will slowly heal.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
RIP to the little kitty and loads of condolences your way. We lost one of our cats last year, so I can understand you're feeling now. Just know you gave him a great life.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive had to do this with far too many pets, and it's always heartbreaking

sorry for your loss, op

SapphireZora

Mar 14, 2018
What a handsome lad, I'm sure he felt as happy to have you as you did to have him. I've been there and lost a cat too suddenly, it's really tough - all the best to you.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I'm away from my little Inès right now but I wish so bad to hug her. Sorry OP for your loss

Alsim

Banned for Abuse Of The Giftbot system
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
I am sorry for your loss, OP. Losing a pet is always heartbreaking.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really sorry to hear this. I lost a cat about 10 years ago and was devastated. It took me this long to get more because I didn't want to deal with that again.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So sorry for your loss OP. I was a mess last year when my cat started urinating blood and vomiting, i thought i'd have to say goodbye... and just the thought of that brings me tears. We managed to save him, though, and he's doing fine...

Hope you find solace, and your heart heals with time...

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for your loss. It's really hard. I'm sure you took excellent care of him and he lived a great kitty life.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Sorry for your loss OP. Brought back memories of losing my little cat Tilly a couple of years ago. She was 14 too, like you I was at least with her until the end. Still miss her.

Deleted member 59803

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 6, 2019
I'm so so sorry to hear this and you have all of my condolences.

I'll cuddle my cat extra tonight in memory of your Leo.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Fuck, sorry to hear that OP. Love my cat more than anything in the world. Don't know what I would do without him.

Spoder

Oct 24, 2017
So sorry for your loss. It's good that you held him until he was gone, I'm sure your continuous presence gave him great comfort and peace in his final moment. RIP.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
He was a cutie and I'm sure he had a great life. It's tough saying goodbye to a friend (pet) but the life and bond you make with them is worth it. Sorry for your loss OP.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so sorry for your lost. A few years ago something similar happened with one of my dogs (she had a tumour in her tongue and then it kinda spread to her throat). It was painful as hell to put her to sleep but in the end it was the right thing to do. One of her pups (12 years old) has a heart condition that we were treating with medication but it seems the problem has gotten worse and everything points out towards putting him to sleep. I feel your pain, OP. I feel you.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very sorry to hear that. Thank you for giving him a happy life and loving home.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss, OP. Just had to do this 6 months ago for my own 14 year old cat. It'll be painful for you but it eases a little with time.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know your pain. About a year ago one of our cats became paralyzed from the back legs and he was in a lot of pain.

We had to rush him to a late night vet to end his suffering.

Fuck 2019.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am so sorry for you and Leo, OP. I know the feeling, unfortunately. Be glad that you got to be with him and comfort him in these last minutes - I didn't, and it is destroying me every time I think about it. He had a long and good life with you and you took good care. More can't be done. He will be with you til you meet again.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Sorry for your loss OP. I'm sure he had a great life and that's all you can do in the end ❤️

Pet Rock

Mar 14, 2018
I lost my little guy last year too, after like 15 years, kinda out the blue as well. Then not much long later, the oldest dog. What brough me comfort, as tough as it was, was imagining their being pain free forever now. May Leo be running free in paradise now, in the happiest state of bliss for all eternity! Tell him to say hi to Huey and Fluffy for me!

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
"I was just a kitten when we met, I loved you from the start
You picked me up, took me home, and placed me in your heart
Good times we had together, we shared all life could throw
But years passed all too quickly and my time has come to go
I know how much you miss me
I know your heart is sore
I see the tears that fall when I'm not waiting at the door
You always did your best for me and your love was plain to see
For even though it broke your heart, you set my spirit free
So please be brave without me, one day we'll meet once more
For when you're called to the next life, I'll be waiting at the door"

cat-waiting-at-door-x.jpg

This helped me get thru the passing of one of my best Fuzzy friends. It's the short time we spend with our furry companions that make their love all the sweeter. Wishing you well, OP

Last edited:

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really sorry to hear it. We've got an old 16 year-old boy, and we're just now coming to terms with the prospect of him not being around forever 😢

I've never had to put an animal down, but when it happens, I'm gonna be there with them, and I know I'm gonna bawl like a baby.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Oh god. I'm so sorry. I can't face the reality that I'll have to deal with this one day. We are all here if you need to talk about it.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for you loss.

He lived a long life, I'm sure he was loved and at least you were able to say goodbye before he got into more pain.