• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It was from VA to MI and it last updated 12/1 that it arrived at the sorting facility in VA the day it was picked up from the retailer. It never updated after that.

Hey, I know there is covid and a record backlog for the USPS going on, but a month late with no updates was making me super nervous. I sent an official inquiry last week and the USPS replied with "It's probably not lost but if it is you should file a claim within 60 days of the delivery date". So I was kind of in limbo. Exactly how much more time should I wait before filing that claim? Then out of nowhere it showed up this morning at my post office and was delivered today.

So if anyone else out there has a USPS package that is super late, I hope my post will give you hope and possibly some relief!

Anyone else having deliveries this late?

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
We're still waiting on a package that shipped on December 8th from 60 miles away. So...it's definitely a widespread issue.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I ordered a replacement debit card since mine is cracked back in November and I still haven't gotten it. Been meaning to contact the bank and order another one.

so glad the president had to fuck with the mail service

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
We sent a package on 14th and it took a week to go from Jersey City, across the river to Manhattan.

Multiple packages we sent on the same day are still in transit to Massachusetts... weeks without updates.

I get it, but it's whack.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
It was from VA to MI and it last updated 12/1 that it arrived at the sorting facility in VA the day it was picked up from the retailer. It never updated after that.

Hey, I know there is covid and a record backlog for the USPS going on, but a month late with no updates was making me super nervous. I sent an official inquiry last week and the USPS replied with "It's probably not lost but if it is you should file a claim within 60 days of the delivery date". So I was kind of in limbo. Exactly how much more time should I wait before filing that claim? Then out of nowhere it showed up this morning at my post office and was delivered today.

So if anyone else out there has a USPS package that is super late, I hope my post will give you hope and possibly some relief!

Oh yeah, it's a mess at the moment. I had a regular envelope take a whole month to get here from the next state over, and we've had several packages get stuck along the way for weeks on end.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
My partner has checks paying him for work his small business did that all the customers claim have been mailed weeks ago. Kind of at a loss for how to deal with those since they're just mail and not trackable to begin with. These would have all come from the same city too.

NocturneKeoni

Jul 15, 2018
I had some D&D dice sent as a gift to a friend of mine, but it still shows as "In Transit, Arriving Late" for nearly 5 weeks now. I know they're backlogged with COVID and lack of staff, but I'm keeping hope it'll eventually get delivered.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I sent off a package and CanadaPost left it where I dropped it off for two weeks. It's now in customs hell.

I seriously doubt it's all due to covid.0

Nov 17, 2017
Hey, I ordered something 16 miles away the week before Thanksgiving and I still don't have it. It hasn't updated since December 7th. I don't know what to do at this point. It seems they've lost it.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I really do hope the next administration completely unfucks the postal service. Trump was really a huge nail in the coffin stamped by Republicans over the last 20 years.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

The PA Distribution center (where most of our packages from/to MI go through) is like 3 weeks behind. So are many others in the Midwest.

My package from 3rd Dec just started moving again.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This bad boy is still in Illinois.

bd7a00c3-f7d3-4df3-ad2kih.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know who should hold responsibility for this but this is awful. I feel horrible for the employees who are probably being worked to death. But I bet the overtime is still nice

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
My wife had a package she ordered on Black Friday show up a couple days after Christmas. It was sitting in a sorting facility all month.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
One of my friends sent me a book on 11/27 and I got it a week ago. This is definitely a widespread problem. I have another book that was shipped on 12/15. On 12/19 it was updated that it was "arriving late" and nothing since then. All of this with priority Mail.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, my Fiancee's package to her parents took nearly 4 weeks. This is sadly what happens when you cut funding to the USPS.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
One of my friends sent me a book on 11/27 and I got it a week ago. This is definitely a widespread problem. I have another book that was shipped on 12/15. On 12/19 it was updated that it was "arriving late" and nothing since then. All of this with priority Mail.

Mine was priority mail as well.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The PA Distribution center (where most of our packages from/to MI go through) is like 3 weeks behind. So are many others in the Midwest.
Yeah, PA seems to be particularly logjammed. I've had some stuff that would just stop updating once it hit there. I just wish I knew why one my packages was sent out of state to there when it should've just stayed in Brooklyn.

Oct 25, 2017
Fedex has just been holding on to my Taylor Swift record for a couple weeks now.

They're probably spinning it right now, the bastards.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got one yesterday. Same deal. Shipped early Dec, and the tracking stopped updating on the 16th. Then it just magically showed at my door yesterday.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard the sorting centers are so backed up truckers are sleeping in their trucks for days waiting to unload. Or they're making them drive to a different sorting center states away. I had a package sit in Albany for 3 weeks, then it finally updated somewhere in Massachusetts, then took another two weeks to get to me. Priority mail ordered on Black Friday came after Christmas.

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird. I ordered stamps that took more than two weeks to "deliver" and they still haven't arrived despite the post office saying they did, a Christmas present that has been floating around wherever for almost a month; meanwhile I was sent something fairly expensive last week in a regular packing envelope that arrived in four days.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
My company is dealing with this now. Some packages shipped as early as 3 weeks ago still showing as in-transit, arriving late. Almost all went by priority mail.

Def some going to the Northeast, but also the South and Midwest are delayed as well. Thanks DeJoy! 🤬

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we've been getting a lot of pre-Christmas packages meant for early dec over the last week

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018
I have a gift that I ordered Dec 1st from the UK that is officially lost in the mail lol. No tracking number and the vendor tells me they can either refund me or ship another one out, that will probably also get lost

Covid + insane holiday ecommerce buying + Trump sabotaging the USPS = the worst ever

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pay for the more expensive shipping options if you don't want to gamble with delivery times. USPS Priority Express or better -- they will blast those through the system ASAP.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Been waiting for a pair of Koss headphones since early December. Luckily they weren't a gift or anything

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered something from Aliexpress in early November. Will it ever show up? No idea! But the site says not to contest it until February...

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Same - I ordered it on December 7th as a Christmas present and it didn't make it in time. It's not in my hands yet but my tracking info says it's coming.

Interesting enough, my wife bought something from the same place (a relatively niche vendor, not some place like Amazon) a week later, and it showed up before Christmas. I guess things really just got slowed down depending on where it ended up passing through on any particular day.

Pay for the more expensive shipping options if you don't want to gamble with delivery times. USPS Priority Express or better -- they will blast those through the system ASAP.

Especially media mail! My mom ordered a book from EBay and they shipped it media mail. Even though it was only coming from a 3 hour drive away, she ordered it in early October and it didn't show up until the week before Christmas. She didn't have any say in the matter, and they just shipped it the cheapest way possible.

I will say in my case, I understand why things ended up the way they have. My mom is just still convinced that postal workers, being government employees, are just being their usual lazy selves.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Yeah. I deal with an etsy storefront to ship stuff out for work. Closer to July we had one item stuck in transit for over a month before it showed back up on the system and made it to a customer.

Here around Christmas there's been 5 or 6 the same way - in transit arriving late with no updates for a month. Just saw one that a customer recently asked about that was delivered on the 2nd. She ordered it at the end of November.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I dropped a package into a post office bin on the morning of December 17th and its still in the "pre-shipment" phase, as if the post office has yet to even accept it.

However a package dropped off on December 26th has already been delivered.

Just absolute madness.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I ordered an item off Ebay on December 7. On December 14, it was picked up by USPS. Saturday, it finally went through the processing facility in Indianapolis. It's going from Indiana to Tennessee.

My mom's sister mailed out a package from South Carolina on December 2. My mom finally got it last week. Her sister paid $12 for two day priority shipping and it took almost a month to get it.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I had 8 blurays I ordered a year ago never show up. I checked a few months ago and they purged the tracking number so it is like they never exist.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Who could have guessed that DeJoy sabotaging the post office's ability to sort and ship mail at trump's behest would have a deleterious effect on Christmas mail? Huh!

Oct 28, 2017
I live in Philly and my car seat that I ordered that came from NJ is in now in Florida and that was in early December.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sent some Xmas presents to Pennsylvania from LA via 2 Day priority just after Thanksgiving but they're apparently still in Anaheim according to tracking

Nov 2, 2017
I have a package that the sender handed off right around December 8th that's still in the USPS system waiting for the initial scan. I believe the sender's actually sent it, but apparently they're avoiding doing the initial scans as a way of trying to keep down long processing times (because, hey, we only count from when we started processing even if we had it in our possession for weeks before that).

USPS is totally slammed, can't be that mad at them, but goddamn it's been almost a month.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I don't really know who should hold responsibility for this but this is awful. I feel horrible for the employees who are probably being worked to death. But I bet the overtime is still nice

It's like a gaming crunch. It is an endless physical and mental hammer that started Christmas 2019, never normalized and then got even worse due to the administration and people sitting at home ordering too much shit.

The overtime is not worth the damage and it's not enough money for what it entails.