• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.engadget.com

A drive-through 'Stranger Things' experience in LA is coming in October

There’s an upcoming Stranger Things interactive experience in LA that seems to be tailor-made for the social-distancing era. Netflix has teamed up with event curator Fever and immersive event company Secret Cinema to launch a Drive-Into Stranger Things adventure based on the third season of the...

dims

There's an upcoming Stranger Thingsinteractive experience in LA that seems to be tailor-made for the social-distancing era. Netflix has teamed up with event curator Fever and immersive event company Secret Cinema to launch a Drive-Into Stranger Things adventure based on the third season of the series. Participants don't have to step out of the car at all — the hour-long experience will have them driving from one Hawkins set to another, including the Starcourt Mall, the Russian labs and, of course, the Upside Down.

They'll be divided into convoys with 24 cars each, with each convoy stopping at every set for an extended period to watch scenes from the show. Those scenes feature special effects and live actors playing characters we've come to know and love. The drive-into experience will open in October in downtown LA, but tickets will be available as soon as August 26th, 12PM PT. Ticket prices will start at $59 per car, and the event's official website has a waitlist you can join to be notified when they become available.

Tickets just went on sale and my group splurged for the "VIP Experience". Can't wait!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds kind of like those Universal Horror Nights, but in your car. That's kinda neat!

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Awesome! My girlfriend signed us up for presale on these but I don't think she's been notified yet.

Also heard Night of the Jack (Jack O Lantern carving walk thru event) is going Drive Thru this year so we may try for that as well.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll be great fun, but I immediately thought of this when I heard 'Stranger Things' and 'Drive-Through'

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
God I would love to get out of the house and do something like that. I nodded off earlier sitting on the living room floor watching the birds and squirrels out the window. Like a cat. Highlight of my week.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

It was run by the secret cinema people and they created some of Hawkins and had characters roaming around acting stuff out and it culminated in a 45 minute live performance. I'm not doing it justice at all haha it was brilliant!

www.nme.com

'Secret Cinema Presents Stranger Things' review: track down the Demogorgon in an immersive Starcourt Mall experience

Dive into the spunky, carefree ‘80s of Stranger Things’ era with an immersive theatre experience at Secret Cinema's latest screen-based bash.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw the Stranger Things twitter post about this and it sounded really cool. Wish they'd do this kind of thing in various cities around the country instead of only LA.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I have been to many Secret Cinema (the people running this) events and they are mostly always great but becoming increasingly overpriced for what they are. Not sure how the drive in aspect will work given how interacting with the actors is a big part of the experience.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.engadget.com

A drive-through 'Stranger Things' experience in LA is coming in October

There’s an upcoming Stranger Things interactive experience in LA that seems to be tailor-made for the social-distancing era. Netflix has teamed up with event curator Fever and immersive event company Secret Cinema to launch a Drive-Into Stranger Things adventure based on the third season of the...

dims

Tickets just went on sale and my group splurged for the "VIP Experience". Can't wait!
WHat does the vip experience offer compared to the normal trip?

Edit:
Standard Access, including:
  • 1 Hour Immersive Driving Experience
  • Access to the Hawkins Online Portal
VIP Access, including:
  • 1 Hour Immersive Driving Experience
  • Access to the Hawkins Online Portal
  • Dedicated team to welcome you in
  • Fast Track Entry
  • Mystery box of swag, snacks and non-alcoholic drink

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
My brother just found out that he didn't get the confirmation! The demand for this is sky high and the order didn't go through. We are currently trying to get the next available one which is in....Janurary!!

Turns out that this is produced by Secret Cinema which I had never heard of and now I'm looking at all of their previous worlds that they've done in London and my mind is blown. I wish I had been able to go to these!!

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet, Blade Runner, Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge!, 28 Days Later, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Miller's Crossing, Casablanca, The Shawshank Redemption, Alien

Past Shows & Previous Worlds — Secret Cinema

Find about our previous worlds and past shows - each one organised with staggering ambition and a remarkable attention to detail.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyy me too!

Got tix for the La Haunted Hayride drive thru too

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish this was at drive-in theaters across the country, especially in Indiana where, you know, the show takes place.

But at this point I'm used to everything being in LA, NYC, Boston, Phili, and Texas City Roulette.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Take a look at the link above your post that I posted-it seems well worth it. One that isn't even listed there was Back to the Future which blows my mind.

Wow, what a strange thing! Like a mix of live theatre, outdoor movie screening, stunt show, carnival and probably a bunch more. Never seen anything like it!