• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I wanted to replay SMT: Nocturne so I got my old PS3 shipped from home. While I'm excited to replay one of my top games of all time, it feels silly to get a whole console for one (PS2) game. I'm looking for games stuck in last gen that are either available digitally (much preferred) or cheap to get physically.

I can only think of Demon Souls and I might well get it but there's a rumored remaster coming as well.

Thanks!

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Metal gear solid 4 and it will probably never be ported to any other console or PC

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might want to clarify your platforms and whether you can stomach streaming via PSnow.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Just look up PS3 games not available on PC or 360. I got one in Jan and I pretty much bought almost all the unique PS3 games (Nier, Ratchet Future games, Resistance/Killzone/inFamous Trilogy, Sly Games, Xilia, Mk vs DC, Folklore, Motorstorm and bunch PS Move games). Some of them cost a pretty penny. Also if you had PS plus for a while you might have a couple of digital PS3 games. I didnt know I had Demon Souls, Puppeteer and Scott Pilgrim vs the World and bunch of others like Yakuza 5 and Persona 4 Arena U.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance 1-3, Shadows of the Damned, Dead Space 1-3, Mass Effect 1-3, Asura's Wrath, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Infamous 1+2 for beginners.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and clank series! Future Series + Into the Nexus and you're good. Unless you missed the original games, then get the HD remasters as well

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Twisted Metal. It may not have the best campaign but it has the best gameplay and bosses of the whole series.

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
So many games.
Basically, you should check out lots of PS3 exclusives that didn't make it to this gen: --- inFamous saga (the first one is very rough tho, and barely unplayable to these days, but the plot is tightly linked between those games)
- Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Apocalypse
- Twisted Metal
- Starhawk
- Sly 4, Puppeteer, the 4 main Ratchet future games
- Folklore
- Killzone and Resistance games, all of them
- Gran Turismo 6
- Rain (literally loved that game, a shame it was so underrated)
- MGS 4
- Dead Space trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy
- The Saboteur, Shadows of the Damned, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Binary Domain, Asura's Wrath, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and Gunslinger, Lollipop Chainsaw

I'm probably forgetting many others.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
So many games.
Basically, you should check out lots of PS3 exclusives that didn't make it to this gen: --- inFamous saga (the first one is very rough tho, and barely unplayable to these days, but the plot is tightly linked between those games)
- Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Apocalypse
- Twisted Metal
- Starhawk
- Sly 4, Puppeteer, the 4 main Ratchet future games
- Folklore
- Killzone and Resistance games, all of them
- Gran Turismo 6
- Rain (literally loved that game, a shame it was so underrated)
- MGS 4
- Dead Space trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy
- The Saboteur, Shadows of the Damned, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Binary Domain, Asura's Wrath, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and Gunslinger, Lollipop Chainsaw

I'm probably forgetting many others.
This is basically THE list.

I will specifically call out for anyone to try Starhawk, Binary Domain and especially Shadows of the Damned. All great games.

Jan 3, 2019
3D Dot Game Heroes
Folklore
Demon's Souls
ModNation Racers (RIP servers)
Motorstorm series
Nier (for now anyway)
Puppeteer
Ratchet & Clank Future Trilogy+1
Resistance 3
Tokyo Jungle

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
ForcefulCourteousIndianglassfish-size_restricted.gif

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Yakuza series and I love janky experimental games like Deadly Premonition but man

I tried... But Yakuza Dead Souls played so bad I just couldn't deal with it.