• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
What a relief
I'm in Southern California and I'm a nurse

never had a bad reaction to any vaccine before

You shouldn't. They have a very low threshold for allowable risk/safety issues since they are biological products administered to children/the elderly, with no immediate benefit.

And these vaccines very likely have to under go lot release by FDA. That means the agency tests each lot produced to verify its quality before each production batch is allowed to be sold.

Last edited:

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
Congrats OP. Got mine 2 days ago. I am a pharmacist based in the UK and I was busy making doses for patients. There were a few doses spare so I was offered one. I accepted it without hesitation!

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! I'll probably be one of the last ones to get it (since I'm not at risk)

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Excellent!

Unfortunately it looks like the Trump administration fucked up the distribution so I'll have to hide inside for another year. Have diabetes, hypertension, just had major surgery.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
We can still extract it!

xlsy5uYKBndXVXq7UVU7bHbzHM8=.gif

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dying to get it. I work in a hospital, but I don't actually come into contact with patients. I live with people who tested positive this week, so my paranoia is at an all-time high. I pretty much resigned myself to getting it. Sucks because I was so close to the vaccine. Dodged it for what, 9 months, only to get it in the end. A surprisingly large number of my co-workers are very skeptical with the vaccine, which I kinda understand.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they're okay, moderate fever was a known side effect of the vaccine. But most said it passed quickly

She is making it clear that she is telling people about it in order to have transparency about the vaccine but that in the end it is still safe. Like, she posted her thermometer and I'm sure she's gonna post another one later showing how she is back to normal. But, it's good to know that a 25 year old vegan, completely healthy, can still have side effects, but they will go away at some point.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My wife got it yesterday. Her arm hurts a bit but she's doing great. Very hopeful we are seeing beginning of the conclusion of this pandemic.

I'm trying to convince her that this means she has to run all the errands going forward but that argument didn't fly 😅

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the vaxx!

But really, it's awesome that you got it and thank you for your work on the frontlines of this. Hopefully you're side effect free!

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I watched the YouTube video of Sanjay getting the vaccine on CNN, and the comments...

I used to not give a crap about YouTube comments but we pretty much lived in the YouTube comments section these past four years.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
What a relief
I'm in Southern California and I'm a nurse

never had a bad reaction to any vaccine before

Congratulations!
I can´t wait to get mine whenever it is time.
Working in a field where it is next to impossible to distance, mask or no mask. My line of work is at the bottom of the essential worker list.
Being in relatively young with no known diseases I can wait, but there is the off chance that I, or my family, might be a part of the 1-2%, I am not willing to take any chances. The isolation is fine, I would never wish to be the one who infected someone who could end up dying from Covid-19 because of me.

You being a nurse during this pandemic is amazing to me. Keep up the good work and remember that you are worth so much to society right now. I hope that nurses will be better compensated or have their schedules adapted after this is over. Heroes the lot of you.

IF you are doubting if you should take the vaccine remember this; you are not taking the vaccine to help yourself, you are taking it to help others.

Solidarity.

Feb 1, 2018
I know 3-4 people that got it this week, all of them either nurses or they work in a hospital.

This thing is rolling out surprisingly smooth and quickly. Im more and more optimistic that america will be back to "normal" by summer 21 instead of fall/winter