• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
After five years of one of the best jobs Ive ever had, I got laid off because we cant function in this climate, we've been bleeding money since march and they've done all they could for us to keep afloat.

It was alot of us. We could see the writing on the walls, but it still hurts.

I've still got a lot of pictures of how work used to be like everyday.

Im super devastated. I loved every moment of my job. Now I dont know what to do or where to go.

Hu1P4lS.jpg
DWND7if.jpg

Hu1P4lS.jpg
mtXJzvM.jpg

7eTkxOU.jpg
a9KpaMh.jpg
U8ilQGV.jpg
Wy7CXrR.jpg
uCAdAnS.jpg
QE2Zvhu.jpg
zPnwgH4.jpg

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry OP. Hopefully you can bounce back, because those images look amazing. You truly are a master of your craft.

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
That's so upsetting. This pandemic is ruining so many lives both directly and indirectly. I hope you find something fulfilling that can fill that gap in your life for now and that you have access to some sort of govenrment assistance.

May 15, 2018
Denmark
I'm sorry. Hang in there. Things will turn around eventually. And this food looks absolutely delicious.
I have no regrets even though I clicked for the "I just got laid..." title. :(

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are incredibly talented, don't let getting laid off let your self-esteem/confidence take any semblance of a hit. Sadly, this is out of your control.

Folks like you don't stay unemployed for long. Maybe keep at it at home if possible? start an Instagram if you haven't yet?

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm sorry to hear that OP. I think it's brave of you to post your feelings, and acknowledge the hurt. I've gone on that rodeo a few times - it hurts absolutely every time - especially if you really care about the people and the work.

Know that you are not your job, and even if that has gone away... you still have talents and there will be opportunity before you.

Take some time to mourn, take a few days off and then start the processes you have to go through.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry to hear that, hope you land on your feet soon

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear, it looked like some quality craftsmanship.

Apply for unemployment if you can, it really helped out my brother in law, and helped him while he found something new.

Hopefully the future is brighter and you'll find a way to do what you love again soon.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can really see the care and love you put into your work from those pictures. They look wonderful.

All the best for your future endeavors, dude.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Add those pictures to your resume. You have a talent and I hope you are able to succeed soon.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
That stinks. I also got laid off from an awesome job, but am back on my feet now. And while I miss those friends and experiences, I'm focused on the future. Better times ahead!

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's rough man. I knew how much you loved your cooking. Best of luck in the near future

Also those food photos are always dope

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
I'm sorry OP. I got laid off last year so I know how tough that can be, especially when it's a job you really liked. Those pictures make clear that you're very talented, so I have faith you'll find something soon.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you manage to get back on your feet.

You are clearly look passionate and skilled at your work.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
Your employment may end, but take the energy that you felt with this job and take it to your next. Your skills and merits are not vanished, and you'll do well where ever you go from here. You're a severely talented individual and although it may feel tough now, just know you're not laid off because of your talents. Do your best from here on out, and know you've got an array of skills and an energy that will not leave you even after this job has left you. <3

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn, sorry to hear Joe, I think we played a few SFV matches back when I was still active on Discord. I hope you can recover from this.
And those are some really cool pictures.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
sorry OP thats terrible.
your work looks amazing though. Be sure to add that to your resume as others have said, or have a portfolio website if you don't have one already.

That's so upsetting. This pandemic is ruining so many lives both directly and indirectly. I hope you find something fulfilling that can fill that gap in your life for now and that you have access to some sort of govenrment assistance.
gonna have to disagree, at this point its not the pandemic ruining peoples lives. We've had ample time to get it under control and we haven't even tried to.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I hope you can find something soon, OP. Those pictures are incredible and you truly have a craft!

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
After five years of one of the best jobs Ive ever had, I got laid off because we cant function in this climate, we've been bleeding money since march and they've done all they could for us to keep afloat.

It was alot of us. We could see the writing on the walls, but it still hurts.

I've still got a lot of pictures of how work used to be like everyday.

Im super devastated. I loved every moment of my job. Now I dont know what to do or where to go.

Welcome to the club.
Sorry to hear this and welcome to the club.

Hello there OP. Welcome.. there's a few extra seats in the back.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Some serious talent on display in those photos.. I am so sorry this happened and I sure hope things bounce back sooner than expected! Keep your chin up.. talent is not the issue.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Looks like your industry in particular has been taking the brunt of it. I hope you can bounce back soon. I'll echo everyone else in saying you've got skills. I don't doubt once this thing passes that you will be in demand again.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to hear OP. I've been laid off in previous seasons. Always sucks.

I hope you find something soon. Every consider being a private chef? I know someone that does that. You can always return to hotel work once this terrible virus is gone.

In the meantime, cut all unnecessary monthly costs and apply for unemployment ASAP.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You will bounce back, that work is amazing. Just kick more ass as you can. It just sucks this hellscape fell into everyone's laps.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sorry to hear that OP. Hopefully you can find something because based on those pictures you are really good at your craft.

OP
OP
Joe2187

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the support, Im just reminiscing at the moment of all the great times I've had.

afoN0cK.jpg
OqZTDe3.jpg
6j9gV9X.jpg
Pko17jn.jpg
3EBAsW7.jpg
szbregI.jpg
lvTekBL.jpg
8ps0VqG.jpg
V8rMW3J.jpg
6gC6rPo.jpg
83Fk598.jpg

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wish you the best OP. These pictures are great (and everything looks incredibly tasty, damn).

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I'm sorry to hear this OP. All I can say is I've been made redundant out of nowhere twice and both times it turned out for the best in the end.