• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So I just got an Xbox 360 and a handful of games with it:
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3 ODST
  • Halo 4
  • Gears 1,2,3
  • Fable 2
  • Mass Effect
I have a few questions: it's small (4gb) can I use an external hdd? According to what I've read I can but only up to 16gb? Is this true?

it's the s version, can I still swap face plates?

what are the must play games? I'm planning on picking up: Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, and whatever shmups I can find. What am I missing.
I have a PS3 and am invested in the trophy system so any cross platform games I'll get or have over there, I'm mostly looking for exclusive titles.

Is the online store still up? any small indies or OG Xbox games worth getting? Do OG Xbox games run better? Is there anyway to move my 30 hour save of KOTOR over to the 360 from my Xbox?
Thanks!

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Radiant Silvergun
Guardian Heroes
L4D2 30fps version but local coop

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I just got hit hard in the face by Time

Um... I kinda doubt you can move KOTOR... if you ever get an Xbox One you can move your Mass Effect stuff.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
You can use any USB stick or HDD to use as external storage, I really dunno the limit though, but I'm sure it's not 16GB.

You can only swap faceplates on the first version, so it's not available on S or E models.

The online store is still up, but most worthwhile indies got ported to other consoles. Maybe there's a gen or two like 'Splosion Man that didn't.

KOTOR runs like crap on the 360 from my experience. If you don't mind playing online I'd recommend RGHing your console. Basically it's enabling homebrew usage, and you can play more Original Xbox on it as well (like Otogi).

styl_oh

Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Well, I trawled some 2007-era message board posts, and it looks like some people suggested getting either an Action Replay or an 'Xbox Memory Card' to transfer saves to the 360. How this works, or if it works, or if these things are still available, I have no idea, sorry.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got an Xbox 360 and a handful of games with it:
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3 ODST
  • Halo 4
  • Gears 1,2,3
  • Fable 2
  • Mass Effect
I have a few questions: it's small (4gb) can I use an external hdd? According to what I've read I can but only up to 16gb? Is this true?

it's the s version, can I still swap face plates?

what are the must play games? I'm planning on picking up: Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, and whatever shmups I can find. What am I missing.
I have a PS3 and am invested in the trophy system so any cross platform games I'll get or have over there, I'm mostly looking for exclusive titles.

Is the online store still up? any small indies or OG Xbox games worth getting? Do OG Xbox games run better? Is there anyway to move my 30 hour save of KOTOR over to the 360 from my Xbox?
Thanks!

- Yes you can use external hard drives, even USB flash drives.

Xbox Support

- Yes you can swap faceplates, but only compatible ones. They stopped the whole faceplate thing early on I think. I dont think there was much of a market for third party faceplates after the launch models.

- Yes the online store is still functional. Any games you buy on there will be compatible on Xbox One / Series X if they are supported (backwards compatibility)

- OG Xbox games can run better, depends on how supported they are.

- Don't expect to transfer your save over from Original Xbox, sorry

styl_oh

Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Ninja Gaiden II (original) is probably a must if you like those. I think most people prefer it to the newer Sigma remakes

There were some great indies on the Xbox Indie Arcade thing but sadly it's gone

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
You can use any USB stick or HDD to use as external storage, I really dunno the limit though, but I'm sure it's not 16GB.

You can only swap faceplates on the first version, so it's not available on S or E models.

The online store is still up, but most worthwhile indies got ported to other consoles. Maybe there's a gen or two like 'Splosion Man that didn't.

KOTOR runs like crap on the 360 from my experience. If you don't mind playing online I'd recommend RGHing your console. Basically it's enabling homebrew usage, and you can play more Original Xbox on it as well (like Otogi).

thank you
Well, I trawled some 2007-era message board posts, and it looks like some people suggested getting either an Action Replay or an 'Xbox Memory Card' to transfer saves to the 360. How this works, or if it works, or if these things are still available, I have no idea, sorry.
Ha, thanks for that. I'll look into this.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
Now what? Wrap some towels around it and throw it in the bathtub to prevent any possible red rings.

I'm still haunted by my room mate who relied on these methods so much that they didn't even put the case back on because it failed so fast. That jet engine fan caused a lot of disturbed nights...

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Who knows when Jet Set Radio Future is going to get another release, great game that's BC on 360.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Does gamepass work on 360? There's should be some 360 games on there to try if a trial can work on there.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone that still use their 360s able to download their digital games? My downloads stopped at 78-80% every time when I tried a couple of weeks ago, not sure if the problem is fixed yet.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Get on it before it goes up more if you want it. Kinda pricey already.
Oh dang, might have to bite at $30, the cheapest I can find it complete.
lol if you couldnt tell from my profile picture i love the IP. But that game specifically because it's literally Xbox 360 exclusive. It's probably tied down by 100s of license holders in terms of why it's not back compat
I owned a 360 back when it was fresh and I bought it for this game, game was stunning, I didn't get very far because of reasons but I enjoyed the hell out of what I played.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Will Be the Best Place to Play 1000s of Games From Across Four Generations of Xbox - Xbox Wire

As gamers, we know how important it is to preserve and respect your gaming legacy. We believe your favorite games and franchises, your progression and achievements, your Xbox One gaming accessories and the friendships and communities you create through gaming should all move with you across...

According to the above article, cloud storage is free for everyone now. You should just save to the cloud if that is an option.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Oh dang, might have to bite at $30, the cheapest I can find it complete.

I owned a 360 back when it was fresh and I bought it for this game, game was stunning, I didn't get very far because of reasons but I enjoyed the hell out of what I played.

Yeah you're getting in at a good time. A lot of these games in another 5 years or so will start jumping up. I'm also mopping up games that I want from 360 and PS3 before it gets dumb.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Also found this old video, don't really want to watch a 44 minute video but the person claims they transferred their saves from OG Xbox to a 360:

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I'm also interested in 360 game recommendations as someone who went PS3 > PS4 > Series X. There's a lot of great games I'm sure I'm not familiar with.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
If you're a sports fan, I highly recommend College Hoops 2K8. The gameplay might be a little dated especially compared to present day 2K basketball. But it's such a deep game with an amazing Legacy mode. I don't even know how many hours I sunk into this game over the years, probably hundreds.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
How does Crackdown hold up.

As much as I've been going through the older Xbox library I'm starting to think I should just get the latest console and use bc. My understanding however is that it's not quite a robust offering atm.

okay, lost odyssey isn't terribly expensive, I can handle that. Also, I just remembered I have a copy of the last remnant at home. I impulse bought a copy when the digital game was delisted.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
How does Crackdown hold up.

As much as I've been going through the older Xbox library I'm starting to think I should just get the latest console and use bc. My understanding however is that it's not quite a robust offering atm.

okay, lost odyssey isn't terribly expensive, I can handle that. Also, I just remembered I have a copy of the last remnant at home. I impulse bought a copy when the digital game was delisted.
It is robust, pretty sure all of the games you listened are BC on XB1 and current gen including Crackdown and a couple of them have enhanced resolution.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
Came here to post Condemned 1, though I see others already have. Bashing people with bullshit you pull off the environment is so fun. The sequel is a let down story wise, which is a shame, it has some great sequences, but then also some which are very annoying by design.

It's available on Steam, I remember playing through the PC version years ago and it felt like cheating in comparison. The game was molasses slow on console but the combination of faster input time, higher frame rate and mouse aim with the guns made it such that you can just beast through the combat.
Though that version hasn't been modernised. I remember going to play it again a few years later and it kept crashing and only goes up to 1200 resolution or something.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
It is robust, pretty sure all of the games you listened are BC on XB1 and current gen including Crackdown and a couple of them have enhanced resolution.
Wow, it is robust. Think I'll look into a one or series x. Though I'm still glad I got a 360 as it doesn't look like the cave shmups made it over.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
apps.12617.68276265555509006.cbec4327-944f-49fd-ae76-a7f8da8933f1.582fffa6-8691-4bb4-b022-79df2fad0268

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
If I remember, there's a couple of really good Raiden games.

You can also try the 360 versions of Titan Fall and Rise of the Tomb Raider for curiosity's sake.