• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
After getting the email I excitedly opened the Prime app in my Roku and went to HBO. Greeted with a banner saying you have to use the HBO Max app for Max content. This is some bs. They are really bending over backwards to keep their content from being streamed on any device.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
If i remember the whole point was to have people use the max app. While Amazon has approved it roku hasn't. Soooo not surprising that it wouldn't work in that situation. Gonna have to wait on a roku deal if you want it on that tv.

OP
OP
Dali

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
If i remember the whole point was to have people use the max app. While Amazon has approved it roku hasn't. Soooo not surprising that it wouldn't work in that situation. Gonna have to wait on a roku deal if you want it on that tv.
Well it's working. Raised by Wolves is some of the best shit ever. Would love the convenience of watching it like any other shows.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Next time I refresh my Roku line, I'm going to try to build something custom Android like maybe Raspberry Pi has something. I never want to be held back by bullshit platforms again

Give me android or if possible Linux. Such fucking horseshit.

OP
OP
Dali

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so it does work, thought it wouldn't with the roku. Honestly just wish all these hoops are fixed soon .
It doesn't. I can cast my other device screen to Roku and play it on tv, but more often than not it's choppy. It's a work around.

In response to the get a chromecast comment I've been looking at the new ones with google tv and probably buy one, but blocking one of the most popular streaming devices is still bs.