• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Hey now. Because I'm probably not gonna be able to aford the next-gen coming out for while - and because quarantine is in full throttle now - I just got my hands on an Xbox One X. I got Fallen Order and a free month of Xbox Game Pass & EA Access with it.

Been playing on PS4 and Switch this whole generation. What did I miss out on ? I'm pretty much open to everything at this point. Also taking recos on the best performing multiplatform games on X. Might even give RDR2 another spin.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Everything.gif

Forza Horizon 4 if you like arcade driving.
State of Decay 2 for Zombie survival. Just had a big upgrade.
Ori 1 and 2!!!
Bleeding Edge just appeared.
Gears 5.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Honestly struggling to think of any MS exclusives worth playing. Ori is pretty great if you haven't played that already. Particularly the new one.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Backwards compatibility and multi platform games that run better than on Xbox One/PS4/PS4 Pro

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Get Game Pass and play some 1st party.

Ori
Forza Horizon 4
Gears 1 remake/4/5
Quantum Break
Re:Core

Just to name a few šŸ˜Œ

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass and EA Access are definitely a good start. Just download anything that looks interesting to you.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
If you're a Rare fan, the Xbox One has become a pretty cool console:
-Rare Replay
-Killer Instinct (+ the re-releases of KI1 and KI2)
-Sea of Thieves (if you have someone to play with)
-Conker: Live & Reloaded

Other recommendations:
-Ori & The Will of the Wisps
-Halo: The Master Chief Collection
-Gears 5 (as well as the rest of the series, really. Gears 4 is a nice entry point if you don't want to play the oldest games)
-Sunset Overdrive
-Forza Horizon 3 and/or 4

Most of these are on Game Pass, so you're already covered in that regard.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
PSO2 finally made it over

AnnualElderlyCutworm-max-1mb.gif

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
If you already own a PS4, keep your Gamepass subscription and you're set. I'd recommend Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2. They're both insanely better than they were when they released.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
There's some pretty great backwards compatible stuff, both Xbox X enhanced and the normal stuff.

Exclusives are sparse, but Ori, Forza Horizon 3/4 and Master Chief Collection are all fantastic.

There's plenty of great third party stuff om Game Pass that I wouldn't have bought but really enjoyed, like Lonely Mountains: Downhill.

Enjoy your XB1X, I think it's the best value console on the market right now.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Missed out on a larger percentage of multiplatform games running and looking better. There's also a decent selection of backwards compatible games that run at 4K (or in the case of the OG Xbox games, closer to 8K).

Microsoft Rewards, Game Pass, PSO2, Halo MCC, Halo 5 multiplayer, Sunset Overdrive, State of Decay 2, etc.

you missed the new consoles being right around the corner

also this

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
I completely disagree with the notion of waiting out new consoles. The One X will be receiving games for years to come, and there's no way most of us will be getting multiple, if any, of the new consoles day one.

It's fantastic value now, moreso than any of the new consoles will be at launch.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
The best version of every multiplatform game?

and that glorious enhanced BC: you can play all the Fable and Splinter Cell franchise in 4k.

I completely disagree with the notion of waiting out new consoles. The One X will be receiving games for years to come, and there's no way most of us will be getting multiple, if any, of the new consoles day one.
I agree, "the new console will be out in a year"

fuck that, I want to play now.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
My recommendations:
- Ori 1 and 2 are both masterpieces
- Forza Horizon 4 is a must play as an Xbox owner
- The Gears of War games are pretty good
- Sunset Overdrive is a gem and more people should play it

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The entitlement of Era thinking everyone can just go and buy all three consoles every launch window is always a joy to see.

Most of the stuff i would recommend is on gamepass (so i'll say get more months on that) so i'll rec some enhanced BC stuff like Ninja Gaiden and Mirrors Edge instead. Give it a spin, it absolutely looks like a remaster

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The easy answer to this is 'Game Pass'. Despite owning a PS4 and a Switch before there must be some things on there that you haven't had chance to play yet?

Ace Combat 7, Devil May Cry V, Outer Wilds, Life Is Strange 2, Two Point Hospital, NBA 2k20, Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 3, Rage 2, The Outer Worlds, The Surge 2... You've now got them all!

And obviously that ignores all first party/exclusive stuff.

Start with Ori, Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Forza Horizon 4 is fantastic. And I'm saying that as someone who doesn't normally play racing/driving games at all.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

It's fantastic value now, moreso than any of the new consoles will be at launch.

It's an odd thing to say considering the OP perhaps isn't so fussed about having an expensive console on day one.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if you have a pc theres nothing for you

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off with this warrior shit. There's plenty on the platform.

Beyond the stuff people have already mentioned there's a lot of great last gen and OG Xbox stuff that's been upgraded through BC program. Particularly the definitive versions of the FF13 trilogy.

SSX3 in 4K is such a delight too

jem

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the hit video gaming experience that is Halo 5's campaign
I'm assuming this is sarcastic, however, in all seriousness if you like good FPS gameplay and you're not all that bothered by a shitty story then Halo 5's campaign is solid.

It has some really fantastic level design and the on foot combat is really damn good.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
The easy answer to this is 'Game Pass'. Despite owning a PS4 and a Switch before there must be some things on there that you haven't had chance to play yet?

Ace Combat 7, Devil May Cry V, Outer Wilds, Life Is Strange 2, Two Point Hospital, NBA 2k20, Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 3, Rage 2, The Outer Worlds, The Surge 2... You've now got them all!

And obviously that ignores all first party/exclusive stuff.

Start with Ori, Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4.
Not all of these clicked with me, but all of these are worth trying to see whether they click with you.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I'm assuming this is sarcastic, however, in all seriousness if you like good FPS gameplay and you're not all that bothered by a shitty story then Halo 5's campaign is solid.

It has some really fantastic level design and the on foot combat is really damn good.

No Jem, you're doing it wrong, it's an irredeemable mess that everyone is obliged to hate. etc etc etc

(OP: try it, it has some great levels)

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass! Just enjoy your time with the cheapest and most diverse games library ever. I rarely ever buy games the regular way nowdays.

As for exclusives, if you have Game Pass, just check out everything, but be sure to not miss these:

Forza Horizon 4 - Highest rated racing game in two generations. Open world, arcadey, 60fps, awesome!

Ori and the Blind Forest - One of the best and most beautiful metroidvanias ever. Enjoy!

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Haven't finished it yet but I'm enjoying it so far, it has deeper gameplay mechanics, is more action packed and is still among the most beautiful games ever.

Multiplats:
Red Dead Redemption 2 - It's absolutely fantastic on the X and quite possibly among the top 3 best games of this whole generation.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
honestly, not much. as far as exclusives go on Xbox you only really have Halo/Forza and a few individual games but nothing too special.

regarding performance well as powerful as the XB1X is it's not really that impressive. it's only really worth it if you have a 4K TV and even then there are still many games it can't render 4K at.

the biggest thing would probably be gamepass if you think that's a good value subscription to sign up for.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely awful. But hey super fast SSD what whatever!! /s

Seriously though, Gamepass.

Streets of Rage 4 is coming soon day and date.
WHAAAAAAAAT. I CANNOT WAIT

honestly, not much. as far as exclusives go on Xbox you only really have Halo/Forza and a few individual games but nothing too special.

regarding performance well as powerful as the XB1X is it's not really that impressive. it's only really worth it if you have a 4K TV and even then there are still many games it can't render 4K at.

the biggest thing would probably be gamepass if you think that's a good value subscription to sign up for.
I get plenty of improvements on my 1080p tv. No need to downplay performance because the machine is beastly for the generation it's in.

OP
OP
PerrierChaud

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
you missed the new consoles being right around the corner
I see you bothered reading my 4 lines OP thanks bro

PSO2 finally made it over

AnnualElderlyCutworm-max-1mb.gif
Man I forgot about that - getting it right away

My 2015 laptop ain't it

Thanks for all the recs - I just check Game Pass and my God there's a fuckton of games there. Forza, Ori, DMC5 and all that are queued. Even Panzer Dragoon Orta!! That's wild. I appreciate how snappy the UI is compared to my clunky OGPS4. Is there any trick to boost download speed like there was on the PS4 btw? Like putting my console on speed mode definitely improved download speed for whatever reason, I'm wondering if there's anything of the sort for Xbox.
Also quick question - my Xbox location is France as it should be but I chose English as my console language. But the prices on the Store are shown in dollars - what's the deal ?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for all the recs - I just check Game Pass and my God there's a fuckton of games there. Forza, Ori, DMC5 and all that are queued. Even Panzer Dragoon Orta!! That's wild. I appreciate how snappy the UI is compared to my clunky OGPS4. Is there any trick to boost download speed like there was on the PS4 btw? Like putting my console on speed mode definitely improved download speed for whatever reason, I'm wondering if there's anything of the sort for Xbox.
Also quick question - my Xbox location is France as it should be but I chose English as my console language. But the prices on the Store are shown in dollars - what's the deal ?

Xbox got two settings one for region and one for language. You can set your language to english but your region to france to get the prices in euros just fine

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Have you ever been an Xbox gamer in the past? If no you probably have more than you'll ever be able to get through. I'll mention the Halo Wars series since I haven't seen it mentioned yet. Also, try to at least once just scroll through Gamepass and find something you would never buy but the description sounds interesting. I bet you'll find a lot of value in Gamepass that way.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see you bothered reading my 4 lines OP thanks bro

Man I forgot about that - getting it right away

My 2015 laptop ain't it

Not sure what that deal is. Double check your Microsoft Account. That's what the region is defined by.

Also make sure to get yourself into the Game Pass Ultkmate deals by getting on the Xbox Live 12 months > GPU conversion.

let game pass trial lapse. Go back to no GP Access. Load up on Xbox Live cheap codes. Sign up to Game Pass again for $1 and it'll give you a few years of the service after converting your sub. There's an era thread on this but worth it

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Halo 5 multiplayer while you play through The Master Chief Collection campaigns and then you play the Halo 5 campaign.

OP
OP
PerrierChaud

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Xbox got two settings one for region and one for language. You can set your language to english but your region to france to get the prices in euros just fine
See that's what I did - but still, I get prices in dollars. Don't know what the deal is

let game pass trial lapse. Go back to no GP Access. Load up on Xbox Live cheap codes. Sign up to Game Pass again for $1 and it'll give you a few years of the service after converting your sub. There's an era thread on this but worth it
Not sure I totally understood everything but thanks for the tip I'm definitely check that out once it expires. My Microsoft account region is tied to France too btw.

Have you ever been an Xbox gamer in the past? If no you probably have more than you'll ever be able to get through. I'll mention the Halo Wars series since I haven't seen it mentioned yet. Also, try to at least once just scroll through Gamepass and find something you would never buy but the description sounds interesting. I bet you'll find a lot of value in Gamepass that way.
Nah I just borrowed my friend's 360 a couple years ago to go through The Witcher 2 but that's it for me & Xbox. I even got a few 360 games left around like Bayonetta and Deathsmiles. I wonder if the latter is backward compatible ? Gotta check that.

Lmao I'm huge on japanese gaming but I can't possibly understand how anyone could defend the user experience on OGPS4. It's one of the worst I ever experienced.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Hey now. Because I'm probably not gonna be able to aford the next-gen coming out for while - and because quarantine is in full throttle now - I just got my hands on an Xbox One X. I got Fallen Order and a free month of Xbox Game Pass & EA Access with it.

Been playing on PS4 and Switch this whole generation. What did I miss out on ? I'm pretty much open to everything at this point. Also taking recos on the best performing multiplatform games on X. Might even give RDR2 another spin.
If you like western rpgs you could replay some old stuff that look really good uprezzed on the X. Fallout 3, Morrowind, and Oblivion look great for example.