• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
So I played about 30 hours of Persona 5 when it first came out and dropped it. Then picked up P5R back in April and over the weekend I finally finished It. Got the Plat and loved every minute of the game, much more than the vanilla P5.

So now I'm on the search for a new JRPG to play (preferably on PS4/5). Any suggestions?
Note: I've already finished DQXI

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
So I played about 30 hours of Persona 5 when it first came out and dropped it. Then picked up P5R back in April and over the weekend I finally finished It. Got the Plat and loved every minute of the game, much more than the vanilla P5.

So now I'm on the search for a new JRPG to play (preferably on PS4/5). Any suggestions?
Note: I've already finished DQXI
you have a switch?
try Xenobalde 1

also if you loved persona 5, and love digimon
play the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and hacker's memory.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
I really like Digimon Cyber Sleuth. The story is kind of meh, but the gameplay loop is very addicting.

Jorge

Oct 27, 2017
What made you stick to it the second time around? Any worth key points of Royal that made the difference?

May 19, 2020
yeah it's probably yakuza like a dragon though the RPG gameplay is more of a silly send-up or deconstruction of RPGs than anything else. it's still worth your time

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
There's not a lot of great choices on PS4 tbh. You've probably heard of all the ones that are gonna be recommended.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza like a dragon just came out. it is the most recent big JRPG.

VAaBpei.gif

But really though. I got a lot of similar vibes from P5 as I do in Like a Dragon. It's also amazing and easily one of the best of the year.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You abstain from JRPGs and play P5Strikers, while hoping Altus announces something new to the main installments.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
After I finished Royal in May, I played FF7 Remake and Xenoblade: DE

Up next is Like a Dragon, so i'd recommend the above 2 at least anyway

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
A quick thing about FF7 remake, it doesn't have traditional jrpg combat like the original, it's more of a action game.

Also the combat is trash.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Trails of Cold Steel.
Yes, you can play it without having played another Trails game.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I've played Xeno and Cyber Sleuth. How was Hacker's Memory?
if you played Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory is way better then the first game
in game play it's the same + there is additional modes but the story is way better.
if you played it on PS4, don't forget to import the save file to the next game to get free items.

The time line in Hacker's Memory is the same, but from differnt hero with differnt goal.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Go with FFXIV, if you're not into the Multiplayer aspect you can pretty much mostly ignore it and play it like a normal FF.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Other than the suggestion of Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Dragon Quest XI S recently came out and it's fantastic.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
I wouldn't recommend FF7R if they have a JRPG itch to scratch following P5R. I tried doing the exact same thing and just ended up missing out on that fulfillment of classic JRPG turn-based content. FF7R played more like a character action to me than anything else.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably QoL changes and Morgana not pestering you with going to sleep should be one of the main points for OP.
So in Royal if this happens less does that mean they added a lot of new social links/things to do to compensate or is it just that much easier to max everything out this time around?

OP
OP
GenericGhost

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
So in Royal if this happens less does that mean they added a lot of new social links/things to do to compensate or is it just that much easier to max everything out this time around?

Here is a list of all the changes.

www.pushsquare.com

Persona 5 Royal: Changes - All Differences Compared to Persona 5

Everything new in Persona 5 Royal

Edit: from what I noticed based on my little time with P5 was more time to explore and hang out with confidants at the start and less hand holdy in regards to Morgana forcing you to end days early.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4 Golden is available on Steam and will run on a potato.

Persona 5 Strikers comes out in a little over two months and will be on PS4, Steam, and Switch. It's actually a sequel to Persona 5, although really just an action RPG Persona game.

Unpopular opinion: Play Persona 1 and the Persona 2 duology. They don't have the calendar system or social links/confidants, but are still great games.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4 Golden is available on Steam and will run on a potato.

Persona 5 Strikers comes out in a little over two months and will be on PS4, Steam, and Switch. It's actually a sequel to Persona 5, although really just an action RPG Persona game.

Unpopular opinion: Play Persona 1 and the Persona 2 duology. They don't have the calendar system or social links/confidants, but are still great games.
Not the biggest fan of the first person but I can get behind 2 duology.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Both. They added new stuff to do and it's also much easier to max everything.

Persona 5 Royal is fun, but it's noticeably easier than the original game, which wasn't super-hard to begin with.