• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like OP has kids and he came through with the wild care package 🤷🏾‍♂️. Good shit on the GameStop flip, though.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever go out? Going to Gamestop doesn't count. 😐

I always find this type of comment to be a little unfortunate. The guy likes video games (and obviously likes to show off a little). There isn't anything wrong with that and I hope we can at some point get past the "get a life" comments (or those comments that carry the same sentiment).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Hasn't even been a full page already a few more "seek help" and comments on criticizing on spending, since the post I made commenting on it.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that's almost all digital and ended up returning all three of last year's BF physical copies I purchased, that receipt looks like a nightmare, though on the shelf it looks alright so at least you're organized with your collection.

If money were no object I'm not sure if I'd collect anything on a smaller scale maybe except for retro games (and the space to hold it all). The rest would probably go towards food and booze :P

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I can't tell how much OP spent, but I'm pretty sure someone said it was in the $2xx territory, which is no doubt a lot, but if you only looked at these replies you'd think it was more like $2000

These replies consider his original thread showing his "collection" and his request for help.

Reading this follow-up thread where he confirms he got hungry again sounds like someone who relapsed. And it appears he buys not to enjoy games, he buys for the rush of having new items and is empty again already when returning.

It's the impression I get and I' happy if I'm wrong, but just that you understand some of the replies. It's not envy, it scares some of us.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
There are a variety of posts in this thread. Name names of who is "toxic"

Here you go. This is just from the first two pages.

good fuck, bro. this is sick.

fuck gamestop, they should go bankrupt, but because of you, they will continue scalping off clueless people.
What the fuck is wrong with you

It's one thing in the other referenced thread where OP was literally asking for help, but he's just sharing something he's excited about here.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
Not hating, but what is the point of buying a million games that you'll never get to play -- and in the case you do get to play them -- by that time they will be much, much cheaper than for what you got them.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Not hating, but what is the point of buying a million games that you'll never get to play -- and in the case you do get to play them -- by that time they will be much, much cheaper than for what you got them.

From personal experience, the stuff you don't buy turn out to be $400 years later...

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Wow shocked GameStop let you return all those games to one store. You must got a cool ass GameStop.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey it's the guy who has vita and 3ds games as floor tiles.

I salute to you. Great work as always.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Why does he NEED to complete these games? Maybe he just likes dipping his toes into different kind of games for an hour or so to get his fill and move on. Or maybe he just wants to have a collection. This is an enthusiast forum and we're bound to have a few other collectors like him, too bad reactions like this thread will only serve to keep people from posting their collection.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Literally everyone shitting on the OP for having the gall to buy video games, the passive aggressive posts telling them to get help. That's all toxic shit, don't be coy.
If you make a thread about how much shit you bought, and your super long receipt, that's uhh...

Not exactly worthy of praise? What do you want the community to say? "Cool"? lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
I always find this type of comment to be a little unfortunate. The guy likes video games (and obviously likes to show off a little). There isn't anything wrong with that and I hope we can at some point get past the "get a life" comments (or those comments that carry the same sentiment).

Except I didn't tell him to get a life nor I'm judging him for loving video games. It was just my reaction to such a crazy list. OP has my total support and is free to do whatever he wants with his money and time.

Intro

Oct 25, 2017
It was a combination of different games, as I spent the week going to every Gamestop in my area, and buying their stock from the store, then returning it to the closer store to me in preparation for the B2G1, which is why I ended up with so many. So no, there is no single magic Gamestop these games were from that had all the games with their cases even, but more of a compilation of stores over the span of a week. Majority of these were from the B2G1, but some were just because they were in-stock and cheap enough comparatively. Mostly Switch though, since it's my current focus, as PS4 was two months ago.
That's fucking hilarious. Reminds me of the old 4chan meme where a guy used Gamestop as a bank by pre-ordering games when he wanted to deposit money and then canceling the pre-order when he needed to make a withdrawal.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you make a thread about how much shit you bought, and your super long receipt, that's uhh...

Not exactly worthy of praise? What do you want the community to say? "Cool"? lol
Did I say it needs to be worthy of praise? No. But this community should be better than this, it is toxic nonsense. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you would see that it's okay though, what with your whining and trolling every Destiny thread. You're part of the problem.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Literally everyone shitting on the OP for having the gall to buy video games, the passive aggressive posts telling them to get help. That's all toxic shit, don't be coy.
Totally speaking for myself here but as someone who has a spending addiction, especially with video games, it's a little troubling to see a single sale yield 70+ games - that's usually a sign of something worrying. Hell, if OP has the money (and the time) to justify all of this then more power to him - I'm jealous - but it's not really a "toxic" behavior to show concern for someone exhibiting behavior that I have had issues with in the past.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the replies in this thread are super cold hearted. I'm fairly certain I've seen the OP mention in the past that (not in that $55k topic) that they wish they could stop spending, and if that's the case, then a lot of the responses in this thread are cruel for making fun of someone with an actual problem.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Did I say it needs to be worthy of praise? No. But this community should be better than this, it is toxic nonsense. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you would see that it's okay though, what with your whining and trolling every Destiny thread. You're part of the problem.
Highly ironic you accuse others of toxicity, while bringing up irrelevant matters in threads that don't relate to them, and resorting to petty personal jabs.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Would you like to spend an extra 4 $ for every game for protection? Just in case of any scratches or damage. Trust me it's worth it".

OP spending 200$ dollars in scratch warranty lol

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Sorry all, I got tired last night since I didn't get home until so late.

Had already cleaned, peeled, and shelved everything last night, so took a bunch of stuff off the shelves so I can get a pic.

It was a combination of different games, as I spent the week going to every Gamestop in my area, and buying their stock from the store, then returning it to the closer store to me in preparation for the B2G1, which is why I ended up with so many. So no, there is no single magic Gamestop these games were from that had all the games with their cases even, but more of a compilation of stores over the span of a week. Majority of these were from the B2G1, but some were just because they were in-stock and cheap enough comparatively. Mostly Switch though, since it's my current focus, as PS4 was two months ago.

Anywho, here's the haul, spans across console, multiple gens.

CRCWc8j.jpg
Dope.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility; prior warning for similar behavior
Highly ironic you accuse others of toxicity, while bringing up irrelevant matters in threads that don't relate to them, and resorting to petty personal jabs.
Nah, not really. It's just to show that toxic people like you will never cease being toxic no matter what thread it is, or what subject it is.

If you really want a personal jab though, you've probably spent more money on Destiny and it's expansions than the OP did on this haul lol. And he doesn't moan and complain about those games like you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯