• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Burger with cheese?

• Sure

Votes: 681 83.5%
  • No thanks

Votes: 135 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Yankee Cheese what the empire calls American Cheese?

Best tip? freeze steak and chuck, get a kitchenaid mixer with meat grinder attachment and make your own ground beef!

Yep, that plastic brightly coloured cheese Yankees hold so dear to their hearts also lends itself to plastic fantastic cardboard style cheese good for melting but light on flavour.

Best burger for me? Wife's homemade spicy pork burger, similar to your statement, making your own patties. It's a cracking burger mate.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Sigh. Food threads on era may be the actual worst. You can make amazing quality burgers without cheese and amazing quality cheese will accent a burger amazingly

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Try the burger without the meat next time.

4jOodlq.jpg
2_Sa-lads.jpg

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is people tend to use that plastic cheese stuff on a burger instead of, you know, like a slice of cheddar or brie.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
The real question is additional flavour on top near the roof of the mouth or the bottom nearer the tongue?

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I have burger without cheese about 70% of the time.

Gotta have a raw white onion tho. That shit is just gorgeous

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had a burger in a while. Cutting down on meat. But i like them with (good) cheese and without. But prefer without.
Now i want a good homemade burger :(

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I make burgers I put the cheese inside the patty.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is a wild ride, I'm dying at some of the replies here. Where is op with the explanation for butter laundry? I think we need to know at this point.

Also, I need a burger now, with everything, including cheese. Laundry be damned!

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I too occasionally butter all over my laundry after my world is rocked.

Burgers are perfectly good without cheese as long as you put the right ingredients. I'm thinking caramelized onions, quality tomatoes, pickles...
Burgers with really tasty cheese can be absolute heaven too.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
all burgers should have cheese and the cheese should ideally be as smelly as possible

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So it turns out cheese is just there for the creamy texture. I discovered this today when I made some burgers without cheese (butter got all over my laundry) and found out that they were still pretty good and tasted pretty much identical to normal burgers. I'm still gonna put cheese on my burgers but I won't feel pressured to.

if you can't tell the difference in flavor of a burger with Swiss v Cheddar v whatever cheese you have a serious medical condition.

/s not /s.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, wait, wait, I think I figured it out. When he says butter, I think he means the oil from the cheese. The cheese melted, got messy/drippy, and the drips on his clothes are what he is calling butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.