• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
They've only got themselves to blame. From what I've seen, they never bothered to fix JC3 on consoles, instead just pumping out extra DLC. So to expect people to just trust them this time and give them more money is pretty ludicrous.

While I enjoyed Just Cause 3, it is one of only two games that have made my PS4 straight-up hard lock (the other being the remaster of the first Dishonored game) to the point that I had to pull the power cable. Because of that, I just don't trust them enough to buy another game from them.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Til this day, one of my favorite gaming related gifs of all time. Gold doesn't meant what it did way back when anymore. It's more a symbolic act of hey we're pressing discs and folks will get to play what we busted our tails for for the past X amount of years.

I dont know whats more depressing, that someone looked at that cutscene and approved it, or the thought that nobody reviewed it.

lol
I don't know if it is loading or if this is the real cutscene

JC3 had horrid framerate in gameplay, but cutscenes ran as they should. That gif is intentionally shopped for joke purpose.

https://www./threads/just-cause-3-performance-boost-holy-shit-gif.1340701/page-2#post-229669488

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
There's your problem. ERA is unlikely to be the target audience.

Big streamers have been playing it since friday for example.

Who's the target audience then ? What are they doing with streamers and influencer when the game can't even reached top 20 Twitch streaming games two days before its release... the game gonna bomb so hard it'll be difficult to have a sequel ever, good luck to them.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if your unoptimised title sells well, the sequel will be tainted and buyers more sceptical then before. Can't blame them for it.

That said, the DF video made me a bit more optimistic. I wasn't able to hold 60fps on my old i5 3570k (4.3GHz) back then and apperently now a 4 core i5 below 4GHz is able to do so. That's a huge improvement.

Performance in the IGN 1X/Pro video also looked ok. Resolution and aliasing on pro seemed to be pretty low though.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Who's the target audience then ? What are they doing with streamers and influencer when the game can't even reached top 20 Twitch streaming games two days before its release... the game gonna bomb so hard it'll be difficult to have a sequel ever, good luck to them.

Yeah I'm not sure about this whole "its just ERA" thing - the trailers themselves don't have lots of views on them and reddit seems even more quiet than this forum about it. I dunno. I remember JC3 getting way more hype than this.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Haven't seen any of it and I browse Era daily... even hourly.

There's your problem. ERA is unlikely to be the target audience.

Big streamers have been playing it since friday for example.

This isn't even the case there were more than enough threads and trailers about the game in here for the past month.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure about this whole "its just ERA" thing - the trailers themselves don't have lots of views on them and reddit seems even more quiet than this forum about it. I dunno. I remember JC3 getting way more hype than this.
JC3 killed a lot of good will, especially among console players.
PC players could bruteforce good performance with their rigs but console players got festering pile of shit.

I am extremely sceptical of JC4 even though JC2 was one my favourites during PS3 gen.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guys guys leta get real hear I really want to grind in this game and platinum it on playstation ,but I have very capable pc I feel like such a waste not to experience it the fullest.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Unless the game is reviewed extremely poorly I'll pick this up, probably during the holidays. I simply have too many other games I'm playing right now.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys guys leta get real hear I really want to grind in this game and platinum it on playstation ,but I have very capable pc I feel like such a waste not to experience it the fullest.

Is this the equivalent of the infamous "should I play this on my 9900k/2080Ti or on One X" post?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Just a friendly reminder. This seems like a stealth release so wait 1-2 weeks for a price drop. You know its coming

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll take performance over graphics any day. Hopefully the x can boost enough on both to be decent enough. If not it looks like pc version once again.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Drive-By Posting
Return of the generic white "alpha" male.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
How's the progression system for upgrades this time round? Surely no where near as tedious as 3's challenges.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Haven't played the previous installments too much, but I'm going to buy this. Looks fun and I recently built a new PC. Heard it can be heavy on the CPU but also that it runs a lot better than JC3.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Return of the generic white "alpha" male.

2227.jpg

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Was JC3 ever fixed? I got it a while ago but haven't played it one, I loved 2 tho...
JC3 plays fine if you're on a PS4 Pro, my brother played it on one (I think you'll have to use boost mode).

Don't know about X1X but if there is a boost mode equivalent for X1X then it should be fine. PC version is fine if you have 16 GB RAM because the game eats up RAM like candy.

Base PS4 and base X1 run like trash.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Was JC3 ever fixed? I got it a while ago but haven't played it one, I loved 2 tho...
I think it is okay on Pro/XBX but on base PS4 it is a travesty. First game since FO3 on PS3 I could not finish due to technical issues.

Clearing a base was lottery "will the game crash or not".

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Great. Just Cause 4 and Rage 2 are gonna bomb and then Avalanche is gonna shutter :( advertise these games!!!

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
JC3 plays fine if you're on a PS4 Pro, my brother played it on one (I think you'll have to use boost mode).

Don't know about X1X but if there is a boost mode equivalent for X1X then it should be fine. PC version is fine if you have 16 GB RAM because the game eats up RAM like candy.

Base PS4 and base X1 run like trash.

I noticed that the game crashed in about 1 hour when I played it on 8GB RAM and GTX 960 2GB on my secondary PC. It ran at 1080p60 fps in mid-high settings but there were a lot of stuttering issues, which I think were streaming related.

I upgraded my main PC to 16GB RAM and it was one of the best decisions ever. Not just for games, since 8GB was not enough for some desktop tasks I run. However, I observed that JC3 no longer crashed and played very smoothly at 1080p60 high settings on R9 380 4GB, save for very occasional slowdown. So it's mostly poor memory management I'm afraid.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Just Cause 3 is the only game or even software that's given my Windows 10 PC a BSOD. The game evidently had a very troubled development during a period with very awkward mandates from Square Enix. Hopefully they learned not to repeat the same mistakes with 4 and so far it looks like it'll hold up to expectations.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
If they've managed to get good performance on consoles I can see it reviewing pretty well. Looks good.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Just cause 2 was some of the most fun I had in a game last gen, but I skipped 3 based on the performance issues. I am kinda hyped again for this though, some of the previews that have gone up over the last couple of weeks look insane!

The Outside Xbox 7 things to try had me laughing my ass off!

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
How's the progression system for upgrades this time round? Surely no where near as tedious as 3's challenges.
So your story progression is tied to chaos. If you do enough chaos you'll earn troops which you can command to take certain zones which will in return unlock new missions.

The amount of troops you need to conquer a zone vary and can be reduced by encircling the zone. If you take a zone which doesn't border any enemy zones you'll get those troops back.
Updates for your hook are earned by doing side missions (kill person x, destroy a gunship etc.) and/or main missions.

There are also some challenges (kinda like 3) to unlock cars, guns etc.for delivery.

There's some funny shit you can do with the hook and baloons (i tied 4 cows together and let them fly away to the moon).

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rico Rodriguez is my favorite white person since Condoleeza Rice.

For those not old enough to get that

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
This is a question i can't answer just now. I played for about 5 hours and the missions are varied so far. But it's a big map so i suppose there's some copy/paste missions.
Thanks. Though I didn't mean the missions, but the environments, like if all the various locations in the world map were very similar or not.

My favorite things to do in JC games aren't the missions, but just tooling around in the game world like the playground it's supposed to be, taking apart the world's infrastructure, using the toys the game gives you. This was great in JC2, as the locations were very varied, but got monotonous in JC3 since they all looked the same, and there wasn't even a "city" like in JC2, just similar villages.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Didn't this was even coming out (or forgot) looks like reviews drop tomorrow-- hopefully its not a pile of shit like JC3, which I still havent touched - I think it was a "free" game on xbox or PS+...