• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So everyone is saying to speed through to the third camp first. I've started my first playthrough on survival mode (i like a good challenge). I don't miss anything by speeding through? The first area seems like a tutorial one. Don't like to miss out on stuff.
first 2 camps are short and more tutorial. You r missing many skills that u get latsr on which only means u need to sneak around more. From camp 3 u start getting many useful skills and weapons to make u feel powerful enough to challenge them head on. Thats they only difference

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
first 2 camps are short and more tutorial. You r missing many skills that u get latsr on which only means u need to sneak around more. From camp 3 u start getting many useful skills and weapons to make u feel powerful enough to challenge them head on. Thats they only difference

Alright, alright. But i'm going to try and play this game as stealthy as possible though. Still, can i go back to the earlier camps after reaching camp 3?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Alright, alright. But i'm going to try and play this game as stealthy as possible though. Still, can i go back to the earlier camps after reaching camp 3?
Ofcourse its open world amd you can go anywhere u like . At some point due to story they lock some oarrs of map but as soon as u finish that quest it opens again. Then take ur time no need to rush if you want to be stealthy
Ull be shitting ur pants though when a horde accidently finds u haha

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just went back to this last night after a hiatus from June.
Is there any easier way to scavenge things or get materials for craftables? Having to spend 15 minutes just slowly crouch-walking through buildings for Growlers and Kerosene before every Horde encounter is boring af, especially when the horde encounters themselves are so enjoyable.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Hope you enjoy it OP - I've had a really great time with it, personally. There first few hours are definitely a slow burn, but the story achieves some really affecting moments as it progresses.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Don't start the game lower than hard.

It is piss easy even like that, but maybe survival is a little bit too much for the first run (not if you are skilled with tps games)

And the shooting become acceptable when you have more advanced weapons and ability, in the first 10 hours is shit.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Something about Days Gone that I didn't think I would be saying, is that I really like Deacon.

He is the type of guy that seems like he can lose it at anytime. Constantly on edge, and it's so tough to make a character like that work without making him annoying and they really pull it off.

Like each time something in story happens, you can see his frustration and how he is keeping it back. So you are constantly wondering when he will finally lose it. and he does lose it a bit when you are fighting rippers and other drifters in gameplay. His dialogues and his brutality in his finishers, they really define his character in a great way.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Been playing this game a decent amount this week while I stayed home for condo repairs. It's really good. I think the general writing and acting quality in this game has been undersold. I really like Deacon in particular. Yes, I care about a character named Deacon St. John, who sounds like a villain in Decker or a character in Michael Scott's Threat Level Midnight. There's already been a crew of interesting characters introduced, and the incidental and contextual dialogue you get out in the open world is a lot of fun.

I also really like how the game combines gameplay and lore in fun ways. One example is the motorcycle. It's your A to B throughout this game, but there's this whole sort of metagame of feathering to gas to save fuel, and coasting downhill to avoid attracting freakers. It imbues the basic traversal with frequent reminders of the world's dwindling supplies and ever-present threats.

Speaking of threats: I'm enjoying how dangerous freakers feel. Even one or two catching you slipping can be a wrap for Deacon. Flushing out their nests, then running like hell toward some human opponents and watching the fireworks never gets old.

So glad I picked this up during the sale last week.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something about Days Gone that I didn't think I would be saying, is that I really like Deacon.

He is the type of guy that seems like he can lose it at anytime. Constantly on edge, and it's so tough to make a character like that work without making him annoying and they really pull it off.

Like each time something in story happens, you can see his frustration and how he is keeping it back. So you are constantly wondering when he will finally lose it. and he does lose it a bit when you are fighting rippers and other drifters in gameplay. His dialogues and his brutality in his finishers, they really define his character in a great way.
Been playing this game a decent amount this week while I stayed home for condo repairs. It's really good. I think the general writing and acting quality in this game has been undersold. I really like Deacon in particular. Yes, I care about a character named Deacon St. John, who sounds like a villain in Decker or a character in Michael Scott's Threat Level Midnight. There's already been a crew of interesting characters introduced, and the incidental and contextual dialogue you get out in the open world is a lot of fun.

I also really like how the game combines gameplay and lore in fun ways. One example is the motorcycle. It's your A to B throughout this game, but there's this whole sort of metagame of feathering to gas to save fuel, and coasting downhill to avoid attracting freakers. It imbues the basic traversal with frequent reminders of the world's dwindling supplies and ever-present threats.

Speaking of threats: I'm enjoying how dangerous freakers feel. Even one or two catching you slipping can be a wrap for Deacon. Flushing out their nests, then running like hell toward some human opponents and watching the fireworks never gets old.

So glad I picked this up during the sale last week.
yes! Deacon is a fantastic character. its shocking how some reviews pissed on the writing in this game. they are very well realized. Deacon isnt a hero figure but not every character needs to be one. this is why no one takes video games seriously because we want all protagonists to be homogenized hero archetypes.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Seeing some of the game's systems interacting with each other is fantastic. Down the line things get even more crazy.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the dynamics in this game makes for some really funny moments. Thanks for the camp guys lol

RefreshZ

Oct 27, 2017
This game really is a gem. I'm still wowed such a small team came up with it, the graphics, gameplay dynamics and gun play are all phenomenal. The mo-cap on the faces (and in general) is top draw too.

I've just started RDR2 after completing Days Gone and it's definitely taken some of its lustre away.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
yes! Deacon is a fantastic character. its shocking how some reviews pissed on the writing in this game. they are very well realized. Deacon isnt a hero figure but not every character needs to be one. this is why no one takes video games seriously because we want all protagonists to be homogenized hero archetypes.
People either didn't play it or played the first few hours and just made assumptions.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
What's the recommended difficulty setting? I normally play on hard. The game has hard I and II and there are two survival difficulties so I am not sure what to pick. Looking forward to finally checking this game out.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a breaker chokeslam other freakers never gets old.
That actually happened to me in the same camp lol

So after that video I found the bunker and slept till morning. I started fixing the Nero checkpoint and I missed one speaker that was on the front side of the camp that was barricaded. So freakers couldn't get in. I cut it off, went and opened the doors, got the materials, listened to the recorder, came back and saw one breaker just slamming another freaker down.

All freakers were dead and there was just one screamer (?) and one breaker standing over their bodies lol

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to buy this game today, how has post launch support been?
Are there still a lot bugs and technical issues in the game?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to buy this game today, how has post launch support been?
Are there still a lot bugs and technical issues in the game?
I've seen some bugs here and there, but waaaaay little than I expected and most of them have been pretty harmless and funny stuff.

I've played the game for over 30-35 hours thus far and I think I only had one annoying bug in that time.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
That actually happened to me in the same camp lol

So after that video I found the bunker and slept till morning. I started fixing the Nero checkpoint and I missed one speaker that was on the front side of the camp that was barricaded. So freakers couldn't get in. I cut it off, went and opened the doors, got the materials, listened to the recorder, came back and saw one breaker just slamming another freaker down.

All freakers were dead and there was just one screamer (?) and one breaker standing over their bodies lol
I really like how the different systems in this game let you tackle the missions in different ways (and I love how they make for some funny/wtf moments).