• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What’s the story here?

• Congrats, you just bought stolen goods.

Votes: 86 13.2%
  • Empty box inbound.

Votes: 74 11.4%
  • Coat will say “Canadian Geese” when it arrives.

Votes: 432 66.5%
  • You clearly owned the big box retailers!

Votes: 58 8.9%

• Total voters

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hahaha... I never thought of that. I'm not sure it would work, as the real jackets have 'extra' things that are probably stitched on locally (North America), like the hologram sticker and the thickness of the fur on the hoodie.
Would be hilarious if someone pulled off a return though!

People have probably done this. With replica sneakers people will sell them via stock x and they pass the stock x checks.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I was just looking at Canada Goose jackets. Then I looked at Moncler.

Fuck me. I mean... if I had the money. But like fuck... those prices. Yeah.

How bad can it be.

0n7Z2dH.png

Oh.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I once bought "cheap raybans" for my sister off eBay. I figured it was just non-branded and really how could you cheap out on making replicas.

Turns out the fakes were so much much worse than the real ones. Shitty hinges, thin af metal. Badly cut lenses. Ironic, cause all the raybans+ other glasses are all made in the same factory.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
you would prolly get a better jacket if you had bought a lookalike jacket from another brand, instead of what is most likely a fake.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I once bought "cheap raybans" for my sister off eBay. I figured it was just non-branded and really how could you cheap out on making replicas.

Turns out the fakes were so much much worse than the real ones. Shitty hinges, thin af metal. Badly cut lenses. Ironic, cause all the raybans+ other glasses are all made in the same factory.

Don't buy fake sunglasses. The ones with glass lenses may have very little or no UV protection. Your pupils are dilated because of the tint so it's actually more damaging than not wearing them at all. Plastic lenses in fakes will have more UV protection (80% or more) but it's still rather risky.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I have decided I'm too poor to understand anything in this thread as I wait til I get paid to buy a 30 dollar winter coat cause my old one has a hole in it.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I once got a woolrich goose down pfor $84 from needsupply, though I soon sold it for a $400 Acne studios parka...

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I stitch together tears (usually at seams) on my coat. I'll keep doing this until it is just falling way too far apart. Cheaper than buying a new coat by far.
I've done that for four years on this coat, it's time:( loved that coat too, was a high quality one I found for 20 bucks at a second hand store, just had to fix the zipper. Lasted almost 7 years

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Got to say, those Alpha Industries $20 sales glitch jackets many of us jumped on (at the old place) are still holding up very well for me.

OP
OP
Byakuya769

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Still at work, I checked the USPS tracking number. Delivered at a different address one state over per the tracking number.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I got a used military parka years ago for like $10 that's been handy when mother nature decides it's fucking 0 F for a high in fucking Illinois

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I was in NY for the past week and literally every 3rd person walking in Manhattan was wearing these Canada Goose jackets. I don't even think they look good but it did make me feel like a peasant lol.

Doing some research, a high quality fake of it can be had for about $200ish which is alot easier to swallow than $1k.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I was in NY for the past week and literally every 3rd person walking in Manhattan was wearing these Canada Goose jackets. I don't even think they look good but it did make me feel like a peasant lol.

Doing some research, a high quality fake of it can be had for about $200ish which is alot easier to swallow than $1k.
I'm convinced at least half of these high-end coats in NYC are fakes. Not to mention the designer bags you see everyone carrying.

Oct 25, 2017
México

And what's the point? They feel "exclusive" but they all look the same.

98YkXmf.png

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'm convinced at least half of these high-end coats in NYC are fakes. Not to mention the designer bags you see everyone carrying.

Wouldn't be surprised, $1k for a coat isn't something the average person can justify, even in NYC.

And what's the point? They feel "exclusive" but they all look the same.

98YkXmf.png
Not saying I'd get one, tbh I think most of them look pretty ugly lol I would just be much more likely to spend $200 on one than $1,000. It doesn't get under 45 degrees or so ever in SF so it's not necessary here. I wouldn't be surprised if the $200 one keeps you warmer than most $200 genuine winter coats though, the China counterfeit market is capable of some sorcery.

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised, $1k for a coat isn't something the average person can justify, even in NYC.

Not saying I'd get one, tbh I think most of them look pretty ugly lol I would just be much more likely to spend $200 on one than $1,000. It doesn't get under 45 degrees or so ever in SF so it's not necessary here. I wouldn't be surprised if the $200 one keeps you warmer than most $200 genuine winter coats though, the China counterfeit market is capable of some sorcery.

When you're buying for warmth in the conditions they're targeted at you don't care about how they look.

OP
OP
Byakuya769

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Well, refund process was really straightforward. I should have all my money back by Monday, per the rep.

Really disappointed i didn't get to see what this fake looked like, tho.

Seller has a negative review now (not from me).

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA

I got one over a decade ago for like $450 on sale (saved maybe $150 at the time). Nobody had them here back then. No more. I still like it...does a really good job.