• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s the story here?

• Congrats, you just bought stolen goods.

Votes: 86 13.2%
  • Empty box inbound.

Votes: 74 11.4%
  • Coat will say “Canadian Geese” when it arrives.

Votes: 432 66.5%
  • You clearly owned the big box retailers!

Votes: 58 8.9%

• Total voters

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, don't worry... you will get...something.

wzW3L0y.jpg
You can buy fakes for $80 that look 1:1. But $750 for that shitty of a fake? What the heck.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Shop north face, columbia or similar. They have good coats and parkas without animal parts in them.

Patagonia is more expensive but they are all about recycling and environment.

Arcteryx is also great but very expensive.
Thanks! I'm gonna start shopping and doing research.

Not a fan of the coyote trapping, I'll probably go with synthetic

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. I was just looking at Canada Goose jackets. Then I looked at Moncler.

Fuck me. I mean... if I had the money. But like fuck... those prices. Yeah.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OP, don't buy fashion on Ebay unless it is vintage/second hand.

Whenver I'm downtown Toronto I get sort of creeped out by how many rich people there are, because like every other person has one of these, and I've never owned any piece of clothing worth more than $200.

But do you have a Hori Slime Controller

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
I know several people who've done that as well. It's probably fake, but it'll still be the warmest jacket you own.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I bought a carhartt jacket from eBay just now for $80, I'll let y'all know how it went.

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
What if the counterfeit ends up being better? Can you wear something and then return it to ebay because it's a counterfeit?

Hahaha... I never thought of that. I'm not sure it would work, as the real jackets have 'extra' things that are probably stitched on locally (North America), like the hologram sticker and the thickness of the fur on the hoodie.
Would be hilarious if someone pulled off a return though!

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha... I never thought of that. I'm not sure it would work, as the real jackets have 'extra' things that are probably stitched on locally (North America), like the hologram sticker and the thickness of the fur on the hoodie.
Would be hilarious if someone pulled off a return though!

Er...I'm confused

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh sorry, I misread "ebay" as the "bay", which is a large department store chain in Canada that sells real Canada Goose jackets. I was joking that the person who bought the counterfeit from eBay would return it to the Bay, which would be hilarious if it worked.

I see. I read that post about eight damn times lol!

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am surprised there isn't a counterfeit goods option in the OP (I guess the Canadian Geese one sort of functions as this). Far more likely than it be something stolen originally.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
1. When something seems too good to be true...
2. If you can't afford to pay the price that something costs, just buy something you can afford.
3. There are plenty of good winter coats that can be had for $400
4. People who wear fake anything are trash.

OP
OP
Byakuya769

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
1. When something seems too good to be true...
2. If you can't afford to pay the price that something costs, just buy something you can afford.
3. There are plenty of good winter coats that can be had for $400
4. People who wear fake anything are trash.

1.Riskless purchase, I'll just return it.
2. Went ahead and ordered a full price one, affordability wasn't the issue. Just wanted to take a flyer on it.
3. Neat.
4. That attitude is just stupid, you sound like a trash person.

Moose Knuckle is what the kids are wearing these days.

Flirted with buying one I saw at the store this weekend, but decided I wanted this CG coat I almost copped last year.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
A very common practice is the resale of items worn by people who were killed. Normally in the event of a death there's a long process to remove the smell and stains from a product and they will be refused by the original seller. Instead of eating the cost a third party normally deep cleans the items and resells on eBay from a sock account. It'll definitely keep u warm tho.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
A very common practice is the resale of items worn by people who were killed. Normally in the event of a death there's a long process to remove the smell and stains from a product and they will be refused by the original seller. Instead of eating the cost a third party normally deep cleans the items and resells on eBay from a sock account. It'll definitely keep u warm tho.

6192.jpg

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My fake Canadian Goose jacket I got in china is the best jacket I've ever owned. I only paid $100 for it, but it's extremely high quality and I've had it for 2 years

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
go Arc'teryx. worth the money

i am baffled by how popular these Canada Goose jackets have been, they look like something assigned to an antarctic researcher by a government agency

I mean, that is literally what they are.

The Expedition is the original extreme weather parka, developed for scientists working in McMurdo Station, Antarctica. Whether your next journey is through a frozen urban jungle or across uncharted ice fields, with the Canada Goose Expedition Parka you get performance that is proven at the South Pole each year by the National Science Foundation division of Polar Research.

That said, I've lived in places where the weather can be <-40c, and lots of people buy these jackets because they're one of the few brands that will actually keep you legitimately warm.

I agree, though, that I'd go Arc'teryx if you have money to burn. They might not be as warm, but I like the style way more.

OP
OP
Byakuya769

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Alright. The real coat came in. Still waiting on the counterfeit. One question tho.

WHY DIDNT YOU ALL TELL ME THESE PARKAS ARE BIG AS FUCK!?!

I should have gotten a small!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, you usually go one size down for CG.

And the problem with CG is that people are buying them in cities/areas where the weather does not get cold enough, unless you're aasoncott, or you're outside for long periods of time. A lot of people are paying for the name, when a jacket 1/3 of the price keeps you just as warm, and less bulky.