• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
This was not a good game. It seemed to have got worse as it went along too. Needlessly open worlds with nothing in them. The Big Hero 6 world was so boring to move around in gta wannabe with nothing in it.

The pirates world had lame navigation with an annoying ship to control and the most boring of stories between the characters. It put me to sleep.

The last world makes you fight a boss 7x in a row again and again just for padding. Each of the seven fights use the exact same attacks. It was soooooo boring.

There was cutscene after boring cutscene. I had no idea or clue what was going on in any of them. Was just throwing around word salad to me by the end. The organisation members were bad for...reasons? I skipped all their death cutscenes as they were garbo and dull. Xenahort become young and has a ponytail but why? He also looks happy and sure changed his mind quick?

Secret movie I unlocked and made no sense? Sora is in Tokyo now but why? What the fuck even happened at the end? Did he save Kairi? Why did Roxas only start appearing at the end bits? I didn't get the ending at all. It seemed sad but also good?

Why should I even care about any of the story when it's so fragmented, convoluted and ridiculously badly written with poor voice acting and lots and LOTS of deus ex machinas happening throughout.

Combat was decent and it looked and sounded nice but that's it. It was far too easy as well. It had such stupid annoying enemies and weird design choices like not being able to bring up a big version of the map in the corner. Enemies like those annoying fatties and bosses that keep juggling you. Boss after boss on last world I must have fought like 30 of them. The worst bit of the game was the boss you fight seven times in a row near the end. He is not hard to fight just extremely tedious and boring as he keeps moving fast away from sora just to piss you off more and flies off a mile away every damn second.

What an awful awful experience that all was. I dunno after beating Death Stranding and then going to this it just seems like a MASSIVE downgrade in every department except graphics. Overall the game wasn't even as good as kh1. This was probably the first jrpg since SNES days where I've actually started skipping cutscenes. When I got to big hero 6 I started skipping everything and only watched the xenahort and ending stuff. That's how boring it got. I cannot believe people enjoyed this. What's weird is I thought the first two games were pretty good even the hd remasters hold up well.

Moving onto Control now hopefully that's better.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
When was the last time you played KH1? Nothing of value is lost if you skip every Disney cutscene and only watch the beginning, middle, and end portions in that game.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
aren't you the same person who claimed they rewatched 2's cutscenes but didn't know who org 13 was in 3?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was cutscene after boring cutscene. I had no idea or clue what was going on in any of them. Was just throwing around word salad to me by the end. The organisation members were bad for...reasons? I skipped all their death cutscenes as they were garbo and dull. Xenahort become young and has a ponytail but why? He also looks happy and sure changed his mind quick?
o9ya8y4nqz711.png

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone calling Caribbean world boring. Never thought I'd see the day.

Sounds like OP just didn't play all or even read up on the other games so I'm not surprised you were lost.
aren't you the same person who claimed they rewatched 2's cutscenes but didn't know who org 13 was in 3?
Yup lol

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
When given full control, Tetsuya Nomura can't write a decent story to save his life.

To be fair I wouldent expect a good story out of anyone with 10 games of continuous plot over 20 years

Especially from the player if you skipped all the games in between

Kh1 had a simple and straightforward story and even 2 and recom were fine. Tryjng to expand things after that would always lead to a mess

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
I feel like this thread pops up biweekly (semiweekly?) and each time the complaints seem less grounded in the game design itself and more tied into This Is Not What I Like And I Wanna Talk Smack On It.

Dr.Osiris

Oct 14, 2018
User Banned (2 Months): Racism; Account in Junior Phase
I don't know why people still expect a good story from an asian game.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The secret movie is supposed to be "confusing" as a teaser for future content. The previous games had the same thing only for them to become cutscenes in future games in the proper context.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Sorry OP, It's hard for me to take your opinion seriously when in the previous thread you said you had no idea who Organization 13 was.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Seems like OP played KH1 & 2 but nothing else, hence the confusion at many of the story beats in KH3. Skipping cutscenes, apparently liking Death Stranding's "gameplay" over KH3's gameplay(hence downgrade in every department) but graphics in both are good; cool?

Pirate's world having horrible ship gameplay when I believe its on par with AC Blackflag's ship gameplay.
Big Hero 6's world being a gta wannabe??..... when it has absolutely no similarities to GTA aside from being an open city like..many other games.....

OP fell in with the hype but didn't perform due diligence through the years to stay in the loop and thus this irrational hate thread is borne. Of course they aren't obligated to but why then waste time playing through the game?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
this is bull, kingdom hearts 1 has a legit great story and kingdom hearts 2 gets a little more nonsense but still slaps with great combat

Those were good enough for the time. The issue is with pretty much everything that came out afterwards. It's complete nonsense, and the whole "light vs darkness" sounds like something written by a 7 years old.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I quit the game early on to protect my sanity after I learned the "whats in the black box!" plotline set up in the first world never gets resolved and is just some mystery box bullshit to set up Kingdom Hearts 4-through-16.

Nomura huffs his own farts.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understood a lot of it, but only because I studied up on enough Kingdom Hearts beforehand that I think I earned at least an AA degree in Nomura Lore.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Uh...great? Did you have to make an entire thread for yourself about this instead of in one of the other KH discussion threads?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
My SO and I have a rule: we do not talk about KH3.

You sound way more disappointed than I though, but still, I didn't enjoy my time with KH3 at all. I felt robbed and, to this day, I still feel that way.

I had fun playing in the Caribbean world though. If you play the original Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack while you sail it feels so much better... And then the Big Hero 6 world happened after that.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I quit the game early on to protect my sanity after I learned the "whats in the black box!" plotline set up in the first world never gets resolved and is just some mystery box bullshit to set up Kingdom Hearts 4-through-16.

Nomura huffs his own farts.
For all we know we could learn about the black box this upcoming week.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I think I liked the game more than you...Since I did find the combat in most worlds still fun.

But yeah. The story is total garbage. Takes the game down to a 7/10.

But damn if that Dearly Beloved track doesn't hit me every time.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
KH3 is a game definitely made for bigger fans of the series over anyone else is the take I took from it. I personally have played the entire series but can't say i'm heavily invested in it, so a lot of things were lost on me until they were explained. With that said, I think the gameplay is the weakest part. I much prefer the smaller but more variety worlds of prior games to the less worlds but bigger with not a lot to do of substance in KH3. I hope the next game goes back to something more akin to KH1/2 in-terms of planet hopping. Also attractions don't need to come back.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Lol dude im playing kh3 im at the end , im so lost for the story, i just skipped every scene, hated that boss that you fight 7 time too

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
The problem with non KH fans is that they take the series way too seriously. I enjoy it for what it is. And the nonsense makes it all the way better. And... Why did you play the game if you weren't enjoying it? I'll never understand this.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I skipped all the cutscenes but don't know what is happening!"

My dude your jumping into the middle of a story that has been slowly unraveling itself for 8 or 9 games and wondering why you can't understand what is going on. All the other games are required knowledge going into KH3 if you want the most out of the story.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
KH3 is a game definitely made for bigger fans of the series over anyone else is the take I took from it. I personally have played the entire series but can't say i'm heavily invested in it, so a lot of things were lost on me until they were explained. With that said, I think the gameplay is the weakest part. I much prefer the smaller but more variety worlds of prior games to the less worlds but bigger with not a lot to do of substance in KH3. I hope the next game goes back to something more akin to KH1/2 in-terms of planet hopping. Also attractions don't need to come back.
That would require them to reuse a lot more Disney properties and Disney seems to be tightening the reins over what they can or can't do.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I don't know what's worse the story and writing or the cutscenes and dialogue?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed 100%

I thought I was in la la land for months when everyone was talking about how good the game was.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, my enjoyment of the series really hit rock bottom with the third one.
Still fun to play and the Disney worlds and music are absolutely beautiful, but it's probably the last time I'll pick one up at release. I just can't tolerate everything else anymore.